My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 13 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.83 of 5 stars (12 votes)

Okay Sakamoto, let's see what your contribution to Geats is

Doesn't Geats look like a smart boy in his outfit

What's going on? Is this a Ring scenario? Pretty lucky that Geats is the only one to notice his Driver is missing

Nova Hall

Oh, even Punk Jack gets his stolen. So is this not a part of Gamemaster's plan?

Neon uses the power of social media to find the girl. How will old man Geats do it?

Love that floating game status. Put the pressure on. Buffa's getting wild with his fashion today

Punk Jack, you're obviously going to lose this round

lol, Keiwa took out a group with just his transformation

So the Grand Prix staff aren't in charge of the buckles? Who are those two?

Cool effect on the sword. Okay Sakamoto, you've still got it

Wow, that's a cool suit design

Geats kept his projmise, think that fight was just 3 minutes long

LOL, Keiwa can't even hold all his buckles

It's kind of funny how Buffa's honorable warrior conceit is a total sham. He won't take help from anyone else, but he's totally okay taking the winnings from someone else's victory. Oookay

Preview: Oh okay, looks like there really is going to be a escalation in plot next week
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Geats 13 discussion thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I note that tablet the new people were using had "Buy" buttons on the buckles along with stats. wonder if the players CAN buy buckles directly, and that's just been hidden from them because the person who told them they can buy DGP clothes back during the early episodes has since been revealed to be lying to everyone.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I'm fairly familiar with the area of the first Geats/Punk Jack fight and I nearly brought on a coughing fit laughing after they ran away. They banter after running away while leaning on a wall where to the left you can see a wedding dress shop. Which means not only are they still in the same area, they've essentially just turned around a corner and gone "eh, good enough" and the Jamato haven't chased them at all lol
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Jamato apparently have the object permanence of a newborn. "I can't see them. guess they don't exist."
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:16 pm I note that tablet the new people were using had "Buy" buttons on the buckles along with stats.
Could be just an admin version of the menu?

>I'm fairly familiar with the area of the first Geats/Punk Jack fight

lol nice. That's some good background knowledge

>Jamato apparently have the object permanence of a newborn. "I can't see them. guess they don't exist."

That explains how they got away by turning the corner. Out of sight, out of mind!
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Honestly. Ace could get eliminated next week, by accident. Remember, his wish means that as long as he doesn't die, he's guaranteed a spot in the next game. So even if he gets eliminated due to lack of driver, he's still gonna be back next time.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

yeah, but if he loses, he won't remember he made that wish, and can't call foul when he doesn't get selected.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:01 am yeah, but if he loses, he won't remember he made that wish, and can't call foul when he doesn't get selected.
But based on the rules, wouldn't he be selected anyway, and thus get his memories back? Seems like knocking him out of the tournament for this round of DGP is a temporary solution at best if your ultimate goal is to prevent the man from learning the truth
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

that's assuming the rules are magically enforced. it's entirely possible that the Game Master could just choose not to obey that, and no one who would complain would know any better. they probably couldn't stop him before now because presumably the winner gets to keep their memories, so he'd remember his past wishes due to winning. one loss and he forgets, and doesn't know better to ask to get back in.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Hmmm, but if he was going to do that, why bother with the pretense of making Geats lose the game? Just remove him in some underhanded way, and no one but the management and new Desire God would remember in the next iteration
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Buffa's action seems dishonorable, but it felt like he's doing the same as what he did with Mary. First, secures his own victory. Then backstabs the backstabber, and in the process "accidentally" helps the person he wanted to help.

And that is a Gundam, it even makes robot noices when moving. I'm pretty sure it can fly too, since the orange half is Jet.

We're approaching the end of the first quarter, and it seems like the normal GDP tournament run is going to fall apart as we enter the next phase.
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

This episode established that there are multiple parties that are directly linked to the DGP without actually being a part of the organization. That would explain why Ace's wish excluded them. So far we have the Jamato farmer and possibly the Raise Buckle manufacturer. I suspect that Neon's father is one of the sponsors of the DGP since they are so wealthy. While the Game Master is considered to have final say on decisions within the DGP, he still has to work with the suppliers and customers or the entire system falls apart. It also explains why Tsurumi still cares about following the rules and policies of the DGP.

It is good to see Ace decide that cooperation is necessary now that the Game Master is trying to sabotage his efforts to uncover the truth behind the DGP.

I really liked how Ace put Girori on the spot about the Game Master's motive for trying to get him eliminated. He has saved the world countless times. Does the DGP not care about saving the world?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Arigomi wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:27 pm It also explains why Tsurumi still cares about following the rules and policies of the DGP.
That's an unfortunate typo. Tsumuri means "to close eyes". Tsurumi means "to copulate, to go with"

>Does the DGP not care about saving the world?

Not sure if this was meant to be rhetorical, but that's growing more and more doubtful now that we know that they're making the Jamato themselves. But what is their ultimate goal by doing all this then?
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Wow, three new mysterious characters of mysteriousness (and they aren't just for one episode). So, they are red hat girl, fashionable lady, and bow tie guy? Also, Neon's dad is giving off evil boss vibes.

Since Neon has the special power of social media, can she use this to try to track down the Jamato farm? The Jamato do not have a transporter beam so they must walk to the battles (or take a bus?). Maybe Neon could draw a Kuchiki Ruchi style drawing of the Jamato and try to identify where they are coming from from gathering crowd sightings.

So, Keiwa gets a job but the game keeps interfering with his work attendance?

Is Sara's ability to see the red hat girl enhanced by her close encounters with the game? Since most people could not notice her, maybe the people who noticed her were people who had been attacked by or ran from Jamato's in the previous game?
takenoko wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:35 pm
Arigomi wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:27 pm It also explains why Tsurumi still cares about following the rules and policies of the DGP.
That's an unfortunate typo. Tsumuri means "to close eyes". Tsurumi means "to copulate, to go with"
Does this mean that Tsumuri knows what's going on but closes her eyes to it, or that since her eyes are closed she doesn't know the secret evil plans behind the DSG?
Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:34 pm Jamato apparently have the object permanence of a newborn. "I can't see them. guess they don't exist."
When the show started, I thought the Jamato kind of had the same vibe as the "Hunters" on the TV show whose name was commonly translated as "Run for Money". The object of the game was to run and hide for an hour around some deserted town being chased by people all dressed up to look like Smith from the Matrix. The number of Hunters grew as the hour progressed. The Hunters could all run pretty fast but also had the object permanence of a newborn. I wonder if that is a common trope or if writers really liked that show?
Dragg
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Gym!

Post by Dragg »

HowlingSnail wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:12 am Honestly. Ace could get eliminated next week, by accident. Remember, his wish means that as long as he doesn't die, he's guaranteed a spot in the next game. So even if he gets eliminated due to lack of driver, he's still gonna be back next time.
The writers can even possibly kill him during the current game, considering Keiwa's wish for this game.

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”