Total votes: 11
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KR Geats 15 discussion thread

Post by Lunagel »

JustiFanV2 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:27 am
Lunagel wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:54 pm I dunno, I think it's kinda farfetched for him to have lost literally tens of thousands (judging by pace this far) of DGPs. Him being a liar is well established.
See, personally I would've thought it kind of farfetched for him to be winning every single DGP. If it really has been around for that long, then statistically speaking other players surely must have gotten a win somewhere along the line, right?
Either way, it's farfetched. It's much more likely he was lying about the 0 AD thing and he's only been doing it for the past 5-7 DGPs, so like, a year? Year and a half?
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I'm not gonna debate whether he's been alive/fighting for that long or not because I know my luck, and whichever side I pick will turn out to be wrong. best I can do is make guesses about the time he said it.

either:

a) he just made up a ridiculous number because he wasn't gonna tell anyway and if they believe him, then hey he's pulled off another trick with a flimsy lie, and when Keiwa calls BS his "if you're not gonna believe me, then why ask?" was reinforcing that because "nothing I said would be believed anyway, so may as well be silly about it"

or

b) he was being completely honest and HAS been around that long (possibly because he's not human?), but Keiwa calls BS, so he gets offended because "hey, I was actually honest for once and you just didn't believe me anyway, so why waste our time asking?"
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

https://at.tumblr.com/egophiliac/you-kn ... ejdwrs5cba

Do you think he remembers going on a date with his sister?
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

either no, because he was given his belt at that date, and DGP memories went bye-bye, or he just remembers it as "I invited my sister out for a fancy meal, because she's not rich and famous like me, so she can't do it on her own, but she's my sister, and I love my family, so I'll give her a treat. I'd bring dad, but he's busy at work."
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Since Geats' mother was a former DGP navigator and Neon's father is an investor in the DGP, will the next shoe to drop be that Keiwa and Sara's parents were staff members of the DGP who heroically sacrificed themselves to save Sara when Sara was caught in a game zone?

As for next week, (although he's not bright enough to think of this) could Kiewa try to talk Geats into losing since Keiwa's wish is for all the killed riders to come back so not only would Geats not be risking anything, but if his mom was a former rider she might come back as well?

Gary
E
A
T
Stu.
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

Yeah, this one was Mary Sueing (Gary Stueing) so hard. I get it that our heroes get 90% of their strength from sheer willpower and determination, but it was kind of pathetic how badly they couldn't do anything without geats and how geats just swooped in and single-handedly dealt t0tal PWNAGE to the entire jamato population of the boss level. Hopefully they're at least setting up to have a kind of mirror of situation closer to the end or something

Also, kinda weird how they let Buffa die way AFTER revealing Tycoon had a revival wish (and reminding us that at the beginning of the episode). Now there's literally zero suspense whether buffa will return or not AND we can be pretty sure it's Tycoon who will win this game. Again, what a weird way to reveal plot events in the order where they spoil each subsequent reveals.

Side-note, just realised Keiwa and Neon have different outfits under their DGP uniform this game. Buffa seems to have the same t-shirt, tho.
takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:37 pm I was updating the wiki and remembered that Punk Jack was a thing. Where'd he go? He wasn't eliminated last time. Did getting possessed by Gamemaster remove him from the game, because that seems like that'd be against the rules
He was also both in the opening and in "still in the game" panel during recap AND last episode gm said he wants him to continue fighting/playing, so it's really weird there was 0 mentions about him in this whole episode
jok3.14
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: No particular answer, maybe Drive and Ghost
2nd Favorite Series: No particular answer
Dreamy: No particular answer
Favorite Actor?: No particular answer
Favorite Band: No particular answer
My boom: Car, also I'm currently known as adak_rms, I can't change my name here.

Post by jok3.14 »

About IR in Episode 16, wiki says IR as Intermission Round (from this: https://kamenrider.fandom.com/wiki/Cons ... ox_Hunting)
  • The "IR" in the title stands for "Intermission Round", as this episode marks an extra round of the third Desire Grand Prix shown in the series.
No references, so take it however you like.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

jok3.14 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:23 am About IR in Episode 16, wiki says IR as Intermission Round (from this: https://kamenrider.fandom.com/wiki/Cons ... ox_Hunting)
  • The "IR" in the title stands for "Intermission Round", as this episode marks an extra round of the third Desire Grand Prix shown in the series.
No references, so take it however you like.
if true, then I feel good about at least being close with my "Irregular Round" guess.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Hmm, wouldn't an intermission be something that happens in the middle of something? Feels weird if that's the name an an additional last round
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Another continuity question: if Keiwa records a video log of his adventures as a rider and Tsumuri jumps through his balcony to question him, how come Tsumuri didn't know that Geats had written cheat codes on the back of one of his posters when Tsumuri and Geats were living in the same house?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

takenoko wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:42 pm Hmm, wouldn't an intermission be something that happens in the middle of something? Feels weird if that's the name an an additional last round

Yeah sounds off to me too. I'll need to see official JP source before taking that as truth

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”