My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 16 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.18 of 5 stars (11 votes)

Why aren't people like "Tsumuri, who are you talking to?'

I thought the "You can do it Keiwa" was a thought in Keiwa's head, but it's just Girori standing behind him

Anyone catch who the mind controlled riders were? Doesn't seem like it's just Punk Jack

Keiwa you've got a legit honorable wish, just do it.

How is Punk Jack mind controlled with his normal helmet?

LOL Gamemaster is totally not being unbiased

I wonder what happened to Punk Jack. Obviously didn't show his death on screen

Neon's dress is pretty. LOL, of course she noticed, you didn't do anything to hide or deny it when she confronted you last time

lol, why does the green screen cutting for Keiwa behind Girori look so bad when he's out of focus

Is Keiwas helmet always grey? Or just when using Raising Buckle? LOL, they shouldn't get a full charge from that. So arbitrary

Oh dang, Punk Jack was used as a suicide bomber. And with that another of the funky bear helmet guys dies

Lol, Glare has a bit system

Awww, I liked Girori

Oh hey Buffa. Not gonna lie, totally thought that was Girori

Oh that's very meta lol. Now we know the truth about the eye theming.

That boy looks hell of familiar

Hmm, dunno how I feel about the reveal that the game is just entertainment for rich people. That's very squid games. I was kind of hoping the Jamato were just a test to prepare for a bigger real threat that was coming. Also seems weird that the rich have the power to rewrite reality, but they just use it for sport like this. First quarter is done, wonder where they'll take the story from here
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KR Geats 16 discussion thread

Post by Lunagel »

takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:30 pm
He should, that's Fuku-kun! He played Ishinomori in the shitty Saber movie and he's a well-known KR fan.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:53 pm
takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:30 pm
He should, that's Fuku-kun! He played Ishinomori in the shitty Saber movie and he's a well-known KR fan.
God that's meta

Edit:
Gotta love Neon's Karen strat. "Let me talk to your manager!"

Also a little detail I just noticed, Keiwa's sister brags about cooking, but immediately goes to cup noodle... And her liking the green one is probably referencing the green tanuki noodles
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I like that Buffa being alive seems to be because he was using the Zombie buckle. I was expecting that kind of a twist, especially since we haven't REALLY seen any kind of special power from it until now.

Magnum? in addition to it giving a weapon, it has additional guns built in.
Boost? in addition to giving a bike and boosters on the limbs, it strengthens anything paired with it.
Ninja? gives a weapon, but also ninja clones.
Beat? gives a weapon, but also gives music with effects (even if rarely used), like when saw when it debuted.
Monster? in lieu of a weapon, it just doubles down on being strong.
Fever? random chance at any form, but also a bonus if you get the lucky result to make a full match.

but Zombie so far has only given a weapon and a visual effect to some attacks, but nothing especially zombie-y.
takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:30 pm Also seems weird that the rich have the power to rewrite reality, but they just use it for sport like this.
arguably, that's the most realistic thing to happen in this show so far.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Eat the rich

But yeah, there was a throwaway line from Buffa about zombies getting stronger the closer they are to death, but we probably thought he was just being a dummy pretty boy as usual
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I was about to say I just realized the real twist in all of this was that Takahashi didn't kill a Rider on Christmas this year, because Buffa's death scene had parallels to Lazer's but happened last week, and for Christmas we instead had a "dead" Rider turn out to be alive...

but then I remembered Punk Jack, so....

also, I tried to slow down the footage of the two Glare minions' belts, and their IDs both kinda looked like Da-Pan's. maybe they just grabbed random ID cores from supplies and weren't planning to do anything more with them beyond being living props? if they bring them back, maybe we'll find out, but at least it wasn't Ben and Jon's like I was worried it might be.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:30 pm Hmm, dunno how I feel about the reveal that the game is just entertainment for rich people. That's very squid games. I was kind of hoping the Jamato were just a test to prepare for a bigger real threat that was coming. Also seems weird that the rich have the power to rewrite reality, but they just use it for sport like this. First quarter is done, wonder where they'll take the story from here
I like that it's not the obvious thing, honestly. Just be glad this is a fairly innocent thing they're doing with their reality-warping powers!
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:33 am but at least it wasn't Ben and Jon's like I was worried it might be.
I totally thought it was Ben and John since from far away the ID Cores look black and white

>I like that it's not the obvious thing, honestly. Just be glad this is a fairly innocent thing they're doing with their reality-warping powers!

Hmmm, butt plugs
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

So we get a new villain of obvious villainousness to make up for red hat girl. I guess he's two tone hair guy?

Are the people watching the Kamen Rider reality show humans or people in another dimension? It seems weird that they would be able to keep a reality show under wraps for so long with no word leaking out. Or, maybe the "new world" that the riders create is very localized and people inside of the range of the show cannot know about the show but everyone else on earth knows?

So, Tsumuri was fibbing when she said that Keiwa could bring the other riders back? Or, was she implying that their rotting corpses could be dug up (or worse).

I though the fertilizer was going to be Girori as well.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Who's watching these sick shows where Riders fight and die in another dimension for entertainment every Sunday morning? Oh right...

Is Takahashi playing with the fourth wall implying we are the audience?

I don't believe management didn't know Gorori was messing up with cameras everywhere. They just gave the typical blind eye and didn't act until someone complained. Because ratings.

Christmas death count: Buffa (not really), Punk Jack, Glare

And "IR" means irregular.
Source: GMギロリの不正のため、デザ神決定戦は打ち切り——irregular扱いとなり、2023年からは新シーズンの始まりです。https://www.kamen-rider-official.com/geats/18/
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Nice. I think Connie called that one. Thanks for finding the proof though
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I was worried that the episode would get weighed down by too much angst, but it does a great job at creating tension without dragging it out to resolve in the next episode.

While the reveal wasn't completely unexpected, it was still quite satisfying in its execution. The design of the numerous cameras reminded me of Showa Rider belts.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

Well, my guess about the sponsors is that the rich from other dimensions are providing finances for the DGP in a certain dimension to stop the Jamato but at the same time, they wanted something in return which is their entertainment.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I'm of two minds on the twist; on the one hand, reality TV feels like a bit of an anticlimax, and on the other, I'm up for meta commentary. It remains to be seen whether the plot point will help or hurt the show, given how many directions—good or ill—one could take such a premise, and how little we know so far about the sponsors themselves, but it's an excellent way to end a first act. It's rather strange to intrude a new villain Rider form to beat and drop him within the next two episodes, but the dropped belt indicates Glare will still be around, whether Giori returns or not.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

I think it would be interesting if there's a multi-Rider special or movie where among those inter-dimensional sponsors are Kougami Foundation, Smart Brain, Hiden Intelligence, and Genm Corp.

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”