Avatar Party MV & With Abaranger Promo thread

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Avatar Party MV & With Abaranger Promo thread

Post by takenoko »

It's pretty fun to see the cast of DonBros having fun. They really look like they let loose. A big charm of why I keep coming back to this show is this cast and their chemistry

Also Aba is getting a short. Please Toei, a Go-Bus short. Just something
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Re: Avatar Party MV & With Abaranger Promo thread

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Oh, I absolutely love this thing. That's why I was eagerly waiting for the subs too. I've played this music video more than 20 times within the first week of its release. I love seeing the crazy things they do on Don-chan. And this year was even more interesting because of Don-chan. It really does make one love the show and cast so much more. As a side note of this video: in the Don-chan episode where they made this music video, the others were very entertained when Haruka's actress was doing her part. They were all laughing in the background and Tarou's actor even said that he wants to film his part again (because he was regretting not having done a better job) after seeing Haruka's actress film hers.
On top of all that, this is a cast song. I ALWAYS love it when the cast members are involved in the musical side of the show. It's one of the things I look forward to EVERY SINGLE year and LOVE about this franchise. And I'm even more excited about the character song album that's going to release next month. All 9 cast members will get to sing individual songs. I was worried if the Nouto members would get their own songs or not because I loved Sonoi and Sononi's singing voices!!
takenoko wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:14 am Also Aba is getting a short. Please Toei, a Go-Bus short. Just something
I'm a bit disappointed because I was expecting individual spin-offs (and not just collaborations with Donbrothers) when the Hurricaneger and Abaranger spin-offs were announced alongside their 20th anniversary movies. The Hurricaneger one wasn't bad, though.
Say whatever, I will never forgive Toei for not making a Go-Busters 10YA. It's not like the 4 main cast members are super busy or something. I'd even take a spin-off about only Jin and J. SOMETHING, ANYTHING will do. I'd be happy if they just did one of those talk shows they did to commemorate the anniversaries of KR Fourze, Wizard and the one they did to announce 10 Gokaiger. I can't believe they did absolutely nothing to celebrate the anniversary. Not even a toy release... I find it to be ludicrous.
With that, I rest my case. Sigh
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

As far as the Aba promo goes, I noticed that Haruka is the only DonBro we see untransformed. So it may end up being very similar to the Hurricanger short, with the core cast for the older series being joined by a single 'Bro until the obligatory fight breaks out.
takenoko wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:14 am Also Aba is getting a short. Please Toei, a Go-Bus short. Just something
I'd be the first person in line to see it. But I can also see why Toei isn't in a rush to do it. Go-Bus is pretty much antithetical to the current season. Toei really seems ready to leave it behind, even if they have no animus towards the actors themselves.

If any modern series qualified as the black sheep of Sentai, it's Go-Busters.:|
Thenosa Yechette wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:20 am I was worried if the Nouto members would get their own songs or not because I loved Sonoi and Sononi's singing voices!!
Agreed on Sonoi's actor having a solid singing voice. Sononi's wasn't as impressive; if anything, Haruka's actress has the best voice out of the girls.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

During the "33rd Tokyo International Film Festival" held in 2022, they invited some of the casts from past sentai to do a online talk show. Maybe this could scratch some nostalgia itch?

Go Busters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxFGVnZv8UA

Magiranger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEDW-UXVB9c

Gaoranger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VAnGXjmdnk

Go Go V
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM-w5DelHiw
The true King-Ohger, Moffun
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Yaiba wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:00 am During the "33rd Tokyo International Film Festival" held in 2022, they invited some of the casts from past sentai to do a online talk show. Maybe this could scratch some nostalgia itch?

Go Busters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxFGVnZv8UA
I've watched this. TWICE. And here the actors seemed really enthusiastic about doing the 10YA. But 2 years later, it's like Go-Busters never existed, and 2 seasons had their 20th anniversary movies announced.
ViRGE wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:34 am I'd be the first person in line to see it. But I can also see why Toei isn't in a rush to do it. Go-Bus is pretty much antithetical to the current season. Toei really seems ready to leave it behind, even if they have no animus towards the actors themselves.

If any modern series qualified as the black sheep of Sentai, it's Go-Busters.:|
I kinda don't get how GB being antithetical to DonBro is in the way of them teaming up with each other. Hurricaneger isn't exactly compatible with DonBro, yet that didn't prevent the team-up from happening.
I don't even want GB to team up with DonBro. I just want Toei to address that it's the 10th anniversary of GB. Now I don't even care whether it's a movie/special or a talk show.
Edit: No offense, but if Toei or anyone considers GB the "black sheep" of modern Super Sentai, then the "black sheep" was ranked no. 4 (after #1-Gokai #2-LuPat & #3-ToQ) out of 10 in a recent (2022) survey conducted by Japanese site NetLab about people's favorite SS season aired from 2010-2019 : https://nlab.itmedia.co.jp/research/articles/760269/3
In 2021, GB was ranked #3 (after #1-Gokai & #2-LuPat) out of 10 in a similar survey also conducted by NetLab:
https://nlab.itmedia.co.jp/research/articles/266357/
ViRGE wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:34 am Agreed on Sonoi's actor having a solid singing voice. Sononi's wasn't as impressive; if anything, Haruka's actress has the best voice out of the girls.
Both of the girls have good voices imo. But to me, Haruka's one is the typical cutesy voice, whereas Sononi's voice is more sophisticated and mature.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice