Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Gym!

Re: KR Geats 17 discussion thread

Post by Dragg »

takenoko wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:51 pm It kind of bothers me that their take on Lobo is to turn the b into a p. That's jsut wrong
It could be a combination of loup + lobo.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: KR Geats 17 & Fox Dance discussion thread

Post by Yaiba »

The Power Builder Buckle toy is already released and selling, no need for speculation. It's the movie buckle for the GEATS×REVICE MOVIE, they just put it in here for promotion.

https://toy.bandai.co.jp/series/rider/i ... ail/12997/
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

How is this "catch the traitor" thing supposed to work? Is there a penalty for accusing someone incorrectly? (And, if not, then why doesn't everyone accuse everyone else?)

Since this is a popularity contest, Neon should definitely do random dance lives during combat (unless that tanks her ratings).

It would be funny if Keiwa is the traitor since no one would suspect him. And, if Keiwa wins, will his wish have the unfortunate effect of causing all the dead riders to come back like a zombie apocalypse?

Maybe the show is broadcast to all of Japan, but, the memories of the show are instantly erased?

Since Geats is a Gary Stu, I wonder what plot device will they use to make him win?
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:03 am looking at it again, I know Toei likes to reuse props when able: is Geats' Gigant Sword a repaint of a sword from ToQGer, or was that the train themed weapon they go in Go-Onger when the dino trains showed up? because just above the handle, I can recognize train crossing lights, but I don't remember either show well enough to remember the weapons off the top of my head.
I checked the Kamen Rider Wiki, and yeah, it's TOQ-Oh's sword. Not only that, but the hammer was taken from a Gokaiger villain, and the gun uses parts of a ZECTrooper's from Kabuto and the one formed by ShadowRaptor in Ryusoulger. Toei's being economical with the lesser weapons in this show!
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Dragg wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:06 pm
takenoko wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:51 pm It kind of bothers me that their take on Lobo is to turn the b into a p. That's jsut wrong
Also the Italian lupo.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

HowlingSnail wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:36 am
Dragg wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:06 pm

Also the Italian lupo.
Ahhh, right. That makes sense
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Credit where credit is due at Toei for some of these Jamato gimmicks. After starting out with some pretty lame ones like the playing cards, they've become pretty fun to watch. It's the most personality that any mooks have gotten in a while.

I just hope the traitor thing doesn't go on for the entire arc. In an episode or two it's fine. But having everyone at each other's throats for the next several weeks would get boring quickly.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I really want Sparrow's pony tail to be cut off at some point since it's so dumb looking.

I happen to notice there's another change to the OP that's a bit more subtle. One of the cards changed which is shown after the lineup of the current players. Here's the one from episode 15:

Now here's episode 17:

The card in episode 17 foreshadows the DisaStar.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, I thought that was different, but didn't think to check or comment on it. Nice observation
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Phoenix512 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:13 pm I really want Sparrow's pony tail to be cut off at some point since it's so dumb looking.
It annoys me because you can tell that it is fake. From the front, he looks like he doesn't even have one. It is jarring when the camera angle changes and you can suddenly see it.

The format is now more like a share house reality TV show from Japan. I'm guessing this change to a popularity contest is to prevent Ace from steamrolling his way through games. He can't manipulate people without risking his popularity rating.

This week's game reminded me of the Kunio-kun video game series (localized as River City in English). I initially didn't understand why the Riders had to beat up the Jamato student to clear the secret mission. It seems that the Riders were also playing the role of delinquents vying for control of the school. By that same twisted logic, beating up the Jamato principal secures their dominance of the high school.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Arigomi wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:12 pm I initially didn't understand why the Riders had to beat up the Jamato student to clear the secret mission. It seems that the Riders were also playing the role of delinquents vying for control of the school. By that same twisted logic, beating up the Jamato principal secures their dominance of the high school.
Is that the reason? I honestly thought it was just a random secret goal and didn't consider that it had any reasoning behind it
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

I feel it is just video game logic since the series theming is based on that: Mess with the out-of-place thingy on the level and you'll usually find some loot or secrets.

They're in the Kamen Rider version Among Us now. Who's sus?

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”