My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 21 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.6 of 5 stars (10 votes)

The stream raws look even more like shit this week. If this keeps up maybe we should use the broadcast...

Oh, Baruba can just hire Sparrow?

Hey there's that slanted road Toei loves

Pineapple last time. Canteloupe this time. A canteloupe is kind of a creepy looking fruit, don't you think?

Sparrow doesn't appear in the opening again

why isn't one of the boxes Geats colored? Oh hey, Tycoon colored boxes are new aren't they?

Neon's giving Sae the real guilt trip lol

Why is the producer guy always eating. Is that his thing? I find it easier to remember his lady co-worker Samasu since it reminds me of Samus Aran. I wish I had some dim sum

Nice empty field for a battleground.

Nice henshin Gazer

LOL Keiwa getting hit by the Boost Buckle on the way out. How lucky!

Gazer has a really nice paint job
Spoiler for twist at end
Oh nice, a double fake out. Very good. Props to Takahashi
I know it's the episode discussion thread, but maybe spoiler tag the end for the first few posts until people have had time to watch the eps
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Geats 21 discussion thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

re: the ending:
Spoiler
I had suspicions the twist might be what they went for for a little while now, and I pretty much knew it was coming the moment they cut away from Sae holding up the mission statement. also, despite how much of a yuri fan I am, I still kept shipping Neon x Keiwa for her whole "find true love" wish and just saw her and Sae as good friends.... until this episode. now I want them to meet back up before the end and hook up.
interested to see just what they have planned for this, since, unless Buffa gets counted back in, we've got maybe 2 weeks or so before this game wraps up, since we're down to just 3 riders officially in the DGP, and that's about the point every other game has hit its end so far.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

I look forward to Toei allowing for lesbians in their show in 2084. I mean, it only took 50 years for two women to even talk to one another
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:44 pm I know it's the episode discussion thread, but maybe spoiler tag the end for the first few posts until people have had time to watch the eps
Why would someone be in this thread if they've not seen the episode? I won't be looking at the Donbros one until I've seen the ep after subs come out.

Genuinely good twist, I take back what I said last week about it being disappointingly predictable. I hope Neon wins now. Be nice to see someone other than Geats win. I really like Lopo's helmet though, so I hope this isn't the last we see of her.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I've seen some people look at the thread before watching the show. I dunno why!

The Ringerverse has a pretty funny spoiler warning before they talk about their stuff. They basically tell you that you're listening to a podcast about the subject, and the whole thing is over emphasized and underlined for anyone who doesn't get it
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

oh, just realized this only came up in talk for episode 20 so most people won't have seen it, but something we realized:

much like how the DGP staff's names are all eye/vision themed, the Staff Riders names are similarly themed. Girori (sound effect for glaring) -> Glare, Niramu (meaning To Gaze) -> Gazer.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:01 am The Ringerverse has a pretty funny spoiler warning before they talk about their stuff. They basically tell you that you're listening to a podcast about the subject, and the whole thing is over emphasized and underlined for anyone who doesn't get it
r/DoctorWho has the strictest spoiler warning I've ever seen. They won't let you discuss ANYTHING that's not aired. As in, press release from the BBC announcing the Doctor is leaving? That's a spoiler. Doesn't matter that it's all over the web and that no Doctor Who fan even remotely connected to the fanbase could miss it. It'd be like if weren't allowed to discuss King-Ohger because it's not aired yet.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I feel like we've had strict rules like that in the past, but eased up on them because it wasn't realistic to enforce them
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

That was a great episode. The girls rocked the whole time. Loved that the DesaStar twist, and I do hope Nago wins this round, cuz it's so close now.
I noticed the tv rips this time. Kinda felt nice seeing the tv rips after so long. :)
I really respected Neon and Sae's decisions. Neon decided to protect the love of Sae's family. I'm hoping this indicates that the "true love" she wishes for isn't romantic love and she finds real love in her family by the end, instead of trying to run away from them constantly.
Loved seeing Sae's growth in this episode as well, her realization and departure. I hope Sae comes back in the future like Daichi did. Love both these characters a lot.
I'm guessing this "Goddess of creation" has something to do with Mitsume. It'll be interesting to see that unfold.
And Gazer was excellent. It's become hard for me to decide which one I like more between Glare and Gazer. The next thing I need is probably to see Gene and Beroba transform. :lol: 8)
takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:44 pm Pineapple last time. Canteloupe this time. A canteloupe is kind of a creepy looking fruit, don't you think?
Lol, I agree. I never liked how canteloupes looked like.
takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:44 pm Why is the producer guy always eating. Is that his thing? I find it easier to remember his lady co-worker Samasu since it reminds me of Samus Aran.
I think it's ok for me to see Niram eat all the time...? I don't know something about seeing people eat is entertaining to me.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

takenoko wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:00 am I look forward to Toei allowing for lesbians in their show in 2084. I mean, it only took 50 years for two women to even talk to one another
Maybe not lesbianism, but there has been a LOT of yuri recently.

Take L Vs P: Yumika had no problem at all flirting with Tsubasa (who clearly returns these feelings even though Yumika's feelings are faked) because Yumika has given up her normal life for a life of crime so she can save her bff. And, then her bff returns the favor by becoming a criminal so that she can save Yumika. Also, Toei implicitly okayed the Yumika/Tsubasa pairing by okaying a joint photobook that the two actors did together.

Take Kiramager: In the Yodonna special, Mizuki (Jyuuru's beard) has very little problems with sharing a body with Yodonna or with Yodonna switching places with her with an astral kiss. Also, Iyo (the goth girl who gives a concert with a MOTV on her back) switches her obsession from Shiguru to Sayo because Sayo is just so cool. Speaking of Sayo, her type is quirky and emotional, so I was convinced that when Yodonna kidnapped Sayo, Sayo would think that Yodonna was quirky and emotional.

Take Kamen Rider Zi-O: We had to wait for the last episode, but Sougo's ideal world had Tsukuyomi and Ora as BFF's and the "it" girls of their high school.

Unfortunately, a lot of the recent Rider and Sentai seasons have been sausage fests.
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:44 pm why isn't one of the boxes Geats colored? Oh hey, Tycoon colored boxes are new aren't they?
Those boxes were probably provided by Keiwa's sponsor. The expectation was that Keiwa would save the people and clear the secret mission. Ace simply noticed this pattern and took advantage of this by clearing the secret mission before Keiwa could.

My mind must be playing tricks on me. I assumed that game had already ended last episode because the pineapple bomb was defused. I completely forgot that they didn't hold a vote yet. It is still weird that the game has an arbitrary end with a different wave of fruit bombs.

Fragmentation hand grenades used by the U.S. Armed Forces during World War II were commonly known as pineapple grenades due to their shape and structure. I wonder if this helped inspire the fruit bomb idea. I would've liked to see cherry bombs instead of melon bombs.

Beroba is having so much fun teasing Michinaga. The guy is unintentionally becoming a wrestling heel. His blunt contempt makes him so easy to mock.

I was starting believe that Michinaga was starting to mature after cheating death. It seems that old habits are hard to break as he once again gives into his "bull in a china shop" impulses. His obsession with Riders is so silly. Anyone can become one just by getting hold of a belt and buckle.
Last edited by Arigomi on Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Michinaga is barreling towards a moral event horizon here. The Jamato aren't just the enemy, they're actively trying to kill innocent civilians. If he gives them much more in the way of help, he's going to be complicit in their efforts to kill civvies - and if he's any good at his job, they'll succeed.

Nago also needs to get her ass whooped, apparently. I hadn't thought about this before, but out of the 3 regulars, her wish is decidedly the most selfish - it's something that can be attained even without magical powers. Keiwa's is the noble wish, of course, and even Geats is angling to expose the corruption (and death) that the DGP is responsible for.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:23 pm Nago also needs to get her ass whooped, apparently. I hadn't thought about this before, but out of the 3 regulars, her wish is decidedly the most selfish - it's something that can be attained even without magical powers. Keiwa's is the noble wish, of course, and even Geats is angling to expose the corruption (and death) that the DGP is responsible for.
It is pretty funny that she can just also go on some dates or something when you put it that way.

Nago's wish: For her parents to allow her to install tinder on her phone
DreadBringer
Gao
Quote: I am gonna clear this with even with Continues

Post by DreadBringer »

ViRGE wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:23 pm Nago also needs to get her ass whooped, apparently. I hadn't thought about this before, but out of the 3 regulars, her wish is decidedly the most selfish - it's something that can be attained even without magical powers. Keiwa's is the noble wish, of course, and even Geats is angling to expose the corruption (and death) that the DGP is responsible for.
Motivation/wish alone doesn't determine if you're totally despicable or not. There are characters who have 'noble wish' like Keiwa but only did bad things to achieve it, the ones who are well-intentioned extremists.
takenoko wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:31 pmIt is pretty funny that she can just also go on some dates or something when you put it that way.

Nago's wish: For her parents to allow her to install tinder on her phone
Why after this episode people still insist that the love is only romantic? Really people should learn that there are many types of love.

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”