Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Re: KR Geats 23 discussion thread

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

takenoko wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:04 am >Upgraded security... It means Beroba has already attempted to gain access to the goddess of creation once before. Huh...

Eh, how are you getting that? The way he talks about it, it sounds like some players in previous games tried to get access before. He's not saying it like Beroba was the one who did it. I kind of feel like when he calls the people who broke in yaban, he's talking about people that he think are more primitive like people in the past
Well, I could be wrong. I just assumed she had tried it before because she knows all of this info and she thinks it will work this time if she just has the game master's Vision driver alone. I just want to know how she has all this detailed info about the DGP and how it works, which I also presume not all the sponsors have. And I just naturally assumed this to be the explanation to that.
takenoko wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:04 am I mean it's sort of like rooting for or idolizing somoene and then learning they did a shitty thing
It's not her fault. It was a game thing. She's not exactly doing it on her own, that's not the kind of person she is. Would Ziin blame Ace if he were the Dezastar? I doubt it. Same for Keiwa and Kekera. Then why is Kyuun blaming Neon for the whole thing? She's not the natural saboteur, we've been shown that many times previously. No reason to blame her for the game thing.
takenoko wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:04 am Well if 2d is flat, and 2.5d is 2 with a little third dimension interaction. And if fourth d is time. Then 3.5 is 3d but with a little time interaction
So you mean their future world is 4D?
takenoko wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:04 am >I've noticed this a while back, but is Beroba's actress wearing braces that have been painted over with white or something? Cuz closeup shots of her teeth are pretty strange.

Oh, I thought they were just fucked up Japanese teeth, but you're probably right. Seems like a weird choice when you know this actress is going to be constantly laughing, having food put in it, and getting close ups on it
Lol, what do you mean "f*d up Japanese teeth"?
takenoko wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:04 am As the resident Build-hater, no comment lol
Wait, who's the resident Build-hater here, takenoko or Luna? That part wasn't clear in the statement.
ViRGE wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:30 am Of the many possibilities I was expecting, "people from the future" was not among them. (Though in retrospect, perhaps I should have expected that with TimeFire's actor being a recurring guest :shock: )
Lol, it's so easy to forget that TimeFire's actor is playing Neon's dad(could be because I haven't watched Time ranger yet... 🤷‍♀️). But yeah, I never thought about connecting the time travel part with TimeFire's actor being in the show. :lol:
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>It's not her fault. It was a game thing. She's not exactly doing it on her own, that's not the kind of person she is. Would Ziin blame Ace if he were the Dezastar? I doubt it. Same for Keiwa and Kekera. Then why is Kyuun blaming Neon for the whole thing? She's not the natural saboteur, we've been hown
that many times previously. No reason to blame her for the game thing.

What do you mean? She's the one who chose to throw the bomb at her friends. I assume she had a choice about whether to be the Dezastar too. It's not an accident that she betrayed her friends
takenoko wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:04 am Well if 2d is flat, and 2.5d is 2 with a little third dimension interaction. And if fourth d is time. Then 3.5 is 3d but with a little time interaction
So you mean their future world is 4D?

the fourth dimension is time
takenoko wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:04 am As the resident Build-hater, no comment lol
Wait, who's the resident Build-hater here, takenoko or Luna? That part wasn't clear in the statement.

Me? I thought that was obvious. I wouldn't say Luna, the resident build-hater, no comment
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Personally I didn't hate Build but it's not my favorite either. The cast was great and the designs were cool, but ultimately I felt it got bogged down somewhere in the middle and didn't have as fleshed-out of a story as it could have. As a whole, it's above average for me, though the story leaves something to be desired.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

takenoko wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:40 pm >It's not her fault. It was a game thing. She's not exactly doing it on her own, that's not the kind of person she is. Would Ziin blame Ace if he were the Dezastar? I doubt it. Same for Keiwa and Kekera. Then why is Kyuun blaming Neon for the whole thing? She's not the natural saboteur, we've been hown
that many times previously. No reason to blame her for the game thing.

What do you mean? She's the one who chose to throw the bomb at her friends. I assume she had a choice about whether to be the Dezastar too. It's not an accident that she betrayed her friends
Was it ever mentioned that it was Neon's choice to be the Dezastar? If so, I must've missed it. Because I never took her to be the kind of character who is willing to do anything (in this case, sabotaging other players) to win the game. Cuz they can't set her up to be a good girl this whole time, and then redo the whole thing without a proper explanation. If it was her choice, then I must've missed something. And therefore I'm misunderstanding the situation. I hope I've made myself clear.
takenoko wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:40 pm Me? I thought that was obvious. I wouldn't say Luna, the resident build-hater, no comment
Right, my bad. 😶
Lunagel wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:58 pm Personally I didn't hate Build but it's not my favorite either. The cast was great and the designs were cool, but ultimately I felt it got bogged down somewhere in the middle and didn't have as fleshed-out of a story as it could have. As a whole, it's above average for me, though the story leaves something to be desired.
So not such an engaging story. Got it. 👍
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>Was it ever mentioned that it was Neon's choice to be the Dezastar? If so, I must've missed it. Because I never took her to be the kind of character who is willing to do anything (in this case, sabotaging other players) to win the game.

I think it's a fair assumption since she does the Dezastar thing. Like the Dezastar does get in the way of the other players this round. If she really didn't want to do it, the show hasn't really shown us any examples of Neon having doubt, or second thoughts about betraying her friends. Just her going "Alright, gotta win this thing"
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:58 pm Personally I didn't hate Build but it's not my favorite either. The cast was great and the designs were cool, but ultimately I felt it got bogged down somewhere in the middle and didn't have as fleshed-out of a story as it could have. As a whole, it's above average for me, though the story leaves something to be desired.
IMO, it got off track with the Max Hazard arc. That's when the story began getting too convoluted for its own good, and at the same time it was just spinning its wheels for half a dozen episodes until they were ready to introduce Build's proper upgrade form.
TrissieQ
Adventure
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Giam
Dreamy: Hant
Favorite Actor?: Himitsu
Favorite Band: BAND-MAID
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: BL
Quote: There are 375 new laws against me since I joined the forum! Are any of you that blessed with conservative hate?

Post by TrissieQ »

I was feeling bad about being totally lost even on watching it a second time sober until I read the posts & realized younger sharper minds were also in disagreement.
Ghost23
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ghost23 »

OK story seems to be picking up but I still don't like the whole reality TV thing. Seems way too gimicky to me and now they go and make like everything and everyone is destroyed for founding out the truth. So what everything gets reset? Usually in a rider show, the rider gets a upgrade by now, but Geats doesn't seem to have one, is there even going to be a final form? I do like the suit designs for some of the riders though. Looks like from the same guy who design 01 with that minimum-ist design, look pretty decent.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:44 am Wow, really? That's like 8 years.... Not even Build? I thought Build was pretty good.
So I can only speak for myself, but I have a HORRIBLE habit of falling behind on Rider.

Drive: My laptop broke which forced me to go behind.

Ghost: I tended to watch in chunks, so I'd watch like 2 months' worth of episodes at once, which made it hard to follow.

Ex-Aid: Just stopped watching for a few weeks but caught up quickly.

Build: Just stopped. In my defence I'd just moved to Austria and then Italy, so I had other things on my mind, although I still kept up with Kyuranger/Lupato in that time. Caught up to prepare for Zi-O.

Zi-O: Despite my hatred of this show I kept watching somehow, mostly for the guest stars who ended up doing nothing.

Zero-One: Did actually keep up with this one too.

Saber: Fell behind and eventually marathoned it during Revice.

Revice: Fell off in the 30s and haven't caught up yet.

Geats: So far I've watched every week.

This usually doesn't happen with Sentai, although I did get behind on Zenkaiger.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Dark Ren
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Heeeennnssshhhiiiiiiinnn...!!!

Post by Dark Ren »

Geats is one of the shows that I eagerly watch every week, but I had a business trip last week so I can only watch it just now. What an episode. We got more and more question that need to be answered now :lol: .

On side note, I really like this Beroba character. The actress does a good job portraying her. And her henshin pose is cool, too.

On another note, did you change Ziin henshin effect? It has Geats logo, I think.

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”