My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 24 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.64 of 5 stars (14 votes)

Oh, Ace didn't die. Shock. I guess getting nuked can be fixed with just a few bandages. Lol that first aid kit by his side

Oh, Neon's supporter is Ghostwriter??? I like how she only needs one bandage on her face

Wait, who's narrating this? Is the narrator also a staff member in this world?

Just noticed their TV is shaped like an eye

Young Ukiyo sure gives Tendou vibes. Not sure if I like this haircut better. Wait, this is how we learn Geat's origin story??? In a bottle episode???

Oh, are the supporters the ones who choose who becomes Riders?

Oh right, Neon's mom slapped the hell out of her. Neon's dad sure looks like a bad guy

I wonder if KR Beroba is a nod to Zolda's finisher. Big CGI buffalo

They still haven't said Archimedel's name in show. Wait, who's narrating the hijacked broadcast?

Is that the zombie buckle that they're taking? I think someone figured out the Riders in the Tooru scene before

Neon has a smart braid here

I can't remember the last time the core trio of Riders was this good together

If that were a Tycoon box, that would surely have hit Keiwa. Also, if Ukiyo isn't a future person, and just an ordinary high schooler, why is he so perfect?? Is it just the genes?

Ooh, Geats one on one with a Jamato Rider

I wonder what Beroba's candy tastes like

Future Riders are so stylish

Oh, Kekera and Kyun are just CGI monsters? You got sentai cgi mecha shit in my Rider

Oh, they're serious about this being the Jamato Grand Prix arc? Oookay

A bit unexpected, but I don't mind it. It seems like there's more planning in the development of the story this year, so it's earned my faith for now

Not bad for a bottle/clip show episode, but I still pretty much zoned out during the segments that were reused footage
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KR Geats 24 discussion thread

Post by Lunagel »

For a clip show episode, that was pretty well done. It didn't get too boring for the most part and it was still probably 70% new footage.
takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:31 pm Oh, Neon's supporter is Ghostwriter???
Way to make a reference that like 5 people will get
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I like how this isn't 100% a clip show. fun way to handle this, and also a nice callback to how DonBros did a clip show when Revice ended.

I'm calling it now, this ISN'T the full origin of Geats. I'm betting he knew at least SOMETHING about the DGP before this, and was waiting for his chance to get in on the show. he seemed excited when the Jamato showed up, almost like "yessss, finally. I've been waiting so long for you idiots to be where I am." so he could get someone to see him fight them and make him a rider.

based on the general shapes of their CGI bodies, Beroba looks like a slightly remodeled Breaking Mammoth, Kekera looks like he's the frog robot buddy from W or something (saw someone say Shinobi, but I haven't seen that spinoff yet), and Kyuun looks like Chimaira from Wizard.

also, like how the Jamato Grand Prix logo is the DGP logo with the side of the D broken off to make it a J.
Lunagel wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:48 pm
takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:31 pm Oh, Neon's supporter is Ghostwriter???
Way to make a reference that like 5 people will get
and I'm one of them. :3
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

>I'm calling it now, this ISN'T the full origin of Geats. I'm betting he knew at least SOMETHING about the DGP before this

Oh, you're right. This is classic misdirect. Almost got me again, Takahashi!

>based on the general shapes of their CGI bodies, Beroba looks like a slightly remodeled Breaking Mammoth, Kekera looks like he's the frog robot buddy from W or something (saw someone say Shinobi, but I haven't seen that spinoff yet), and Kyuun looks like Chimaira from Wizard.

I can't wait to see how the toys of these neo Riders fit into the show. I think Ziin will become an armor upgrade for Geats, the other two are probably vehicles for Tycoon and Nago. Kekera, not as froggy as I wish. Kyuun is kind of cool as a mythical monster, but I almost prefer the actors before they transformed

>also, like how the Jamato Grand Prix logo is the DGP logo with the side of the D broken off to make it a J.

I was wondernig why it looked so weird! No wait, I think it's a totally different font. The JGP logo is made of leaves, the only similarity is the middle arrow in their G's and the long arrow in the P's. Also, just noticed the DGP logo is made of arrows, wonder if that means something. I think the reason why JGP looks so weird to me is they designed it so that it'd look somewaht symmetrical. Going back to DGP, the arrows in their logo are two-way for G and P, but it's only one way for JGP
Lunagel wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:48 pm Way to make a reference that like 5 people will get
and I'm one of them. :3

Can I get 5 more people?! I definitely feel like I can get the 6 people to prove Luna wrong on this

Edit: Does anyone else feel like Ukiyo's classmate who tells him to run is just Nago doing a high pitch voice? It's so weirdly fake sounding

Wait, is this confirmation that Kekera is literally a frog?
DevGryphon
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: SKYRIM!!
Quote: Define normal...
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by DevGryphon »

I understood that reference!!
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking. If you cheat, may you cheat death; if you steal, may you steal a woman's heart; if you fight, may you fight for a brother; if you drink, may you drink with me.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Notice how one of the periods they've been to is Ancient Rome. You know, like the coin Ace has.

So yeah, looks like the sponsors pick the Riders. So everyone who get multiple tries, guess you were entertaining enough to get picked twice.

I suspect that the Game Master, and possibly Tsumuri, might not be from the future, but locals hired for the job. Would explain Ace's mum being the former navigator.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

actually, a few thoughts now:

1) given that we're learning for sure now that Kekera is actually just a frog, not someone using a frog shaped speaker, AND can assume a human form, this is making me even more curious if Ace is really a kitsune who's taking on human form, and stowing away with however the DGP travels from time to time. that'd be how he's been "fighting since 1 A.D." without being caught out. he might just be changing his human appearance every time.

2) interesting to note that Ace didn't know he was fox themed the first time he transformed (notice that his henshin is his usual pose, but just a finger snap, not the kitsune face into finger snap he does now), though I'm curious how he knew he was a fox after transforming, since he was alone. Nago and Tycoon had to point out their helmet styles to each other, iirc.

3) I'm curious if Ziin was fox themed before Ace became Geats properly, or if he changed after seeing what Geats was? given that Kekera is still a frog in Rider form, but Tycoon is a tanuki, Kyuun and Nago are both cats, and Beroba being a buffalo to match Buffa is a heck of a coincidence if not intentional, anything seems possible.

4) given that Beroba didn't seem to have the Laser Raise Riser stuff until after she was officially recognized as supporting Jamato Buffa, my guess is: Girori was buffa's original supporter, and deliberately picked him for the game for the sake of beating Geats, given how enthusiastic he was about it being "Buffa's time to be Desire God" back in the fight that "killed" him.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

>1) given that we're learning for sure now that Kekera is actually just a frog, not someone using a frog shaped speaker, AND can assume a human

I also like the casual world building in this. "SOmeone who was great and powerful in history? Probably a DGP winner"

>2) interesting to note that Ace didn't know he was fox themed the first time he transformed (notice that his henshin is his usual pose, but just a finger snap, not the kitsune face into finger snap he does now), though I'm curious how he knew he was a fox after transforming, since he was alone. Nago and Tycoon had to point out their helmet styles to each other, iirc.

"These look like foxy hands, cause I'm a fox"

3) I'm curious if Ziin was fox themed before Ace became Geats properly, or if he changed after seeing what Geats was? given that Kekera is still a frog in Rider form, but Tycoon is a tanuki, Kyuun and Nago are both cats, and Beroba being a buffalo to match Buffa is a heck of a coincidence if not intentional, anything seems possible.

I feel like the implication is that the Riders inherit the animals from their patron sponsor. Tycoon inherited Kekera's green. It ain't easy being green, and Tycoon embodies it

>4) given that Beroba didn't seem to have the Laser Raise Riser stuff until after she was officially recognized as supporting Jamato Buffa, my guess is: Girori was buffa's original supporter, and deliberately picked him for the game for the sake of beating Geats, given how enthusiastic he was about it being "Buffa's time to be Desire God" back in the fight that "killed" him.

Ooh, that's a cool theory though
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

So the currently known sponsors are Neon's dad and Beroba, who sponsored the DGP and Jamato respectively. Will the sponsors have a Rider belt as well?

The Rider supporters were Zinn, Kekera and Kyuun, who supports the main 3 riders. Beroba gained the supporter status when she scooped up Buffa.

The supporters addressed each other with their Rider names, just like how Ace address Keiwa and Neon as Tycoon and Nago. Did Ace picked up this habit from somewhere related to them?

Given that Toei didn't give the supporter Riders a unique logo and 3 of them are CGIs, I suspect we won't be seeing too much of them.

https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/geats/rider/
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

new thoughts to add to my theorizing:

1) last episode, Niram told Beroba that the reason they need both belts to use the Goddess of Creation is that they upped security after past attempts to usurp her power.

my theory: that past attempt was Ace's mom. why? that leads into

2) when they were introducing the DGP in the special, Kekera listed time periods they'd been to, including Ancient Rome (see: Ace's coin) and the Sengoku Jidai (see: my previous theory that Ace is a real kitsune, so a time when Youkai would be more prevalent seems a place he could hide out for a bit and/or after having been hiding this whole time find the DGP again and hitch a ride to modern day), and the show lists prizes that past Desire Gods asked for, noting something about at least one wish for a precious child to love.

my theory: Ace's mom either hijacked the Goddess' power or was a genuine DGP participant/winner during the Ancient Rome setting, and wished to have a child to love, that being Ace. possible problem: as that would mean he was created by the Goddess, either he's an artificial construct and/or is considered to be a part of the era he was "born" into, and as such he can't come with. at this point, Ace's mom tries to hijack the Goddess' power, either to bring Ace with her or to allow him a happy life, but she gets caught (maybe or maybe not having succeeded in her plans to protect Ace), and that's why security is increased and she gets replace by Tsumuri. it's also why the DGP staff, on hearing that Ace claims to be Mitsume's child, start freaking out. he SHOULDN'T be around, and him being there is a threat to whatever rules future society has in place that allow the DGP to exist, possibly risking getting their show cancelled, or it's just Niram's obsession with "reality" and Ace existing is anathema to his sensibilities specifically.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:08 pm Can I get 5 more people?! I definitely feel like I can get the 6 people to prove Luna wrong on this
Count me in right there

I for some reason wanted Kekera to not be a frog though... kind of a bummer that he is
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

No idea who Ghostwriter is. Is Ghostwriter the one who writes in Woz's magic book in Kamen Rider Zi-O?

So, my theory that Kyuun is both Neon and Keiwa's supporter and is a shipper is shot down. :(

Will individual Jamato Riders have supporters? Or, will that come with ratings?

Is Sparrow going to be the game master of the JGP?
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

resop2 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:51 pm Is Sparrow going to be the game master of the JGP?
that'd be a fun parallel. Beroba is the JGP's Niram, Buffa is the JGP's Geats, Sparrow is the Girori/Chirami equivalent, and that'd make Archimedel the Tsumuri maybe? he watches over the Jamato the way she watches over the Riders.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Even when doing a clip show Geats manages to be entertaining. The cast and crew deserve some real credit for that; it's easy to lore bomb a clip show and make it mandatory viewing, but it's a lot more effort to make it enjoyable viewing so seamlessly.

I really was not expecting to see Ace's present-day origin story here, of all places. But in retrospect, if you're going to do a flashback, then a clip show is the place to do it.

And I guess all of this makes Buffa and Beroba an evil power couple. I dig it; we haven't had one of those in quite a while, as best as I can recall.

The Producer is way too calm about this, though. Given that his show was just hijacked and a rogue element is trying to gain the power of creation itself, there seems to be far too much at stake here to justify such a lackadaisical attitude. He's the target, after all!

And Tsumuri, "I want to believe in the Kamen Riders" is not much of a statement. Did you not just witness the big CGI fight going on in the background? They're all Kamen Riders! :lol:
takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:31 pmI like how she only needs one bandage on her face
Conservation of Kawaii in action. You can't cover the actress's face too much, otherwise the audience wouldn't get to see how cute she is.
Wait, this is how we learn Geat's origin story??? In a bottle episode???
This arguably classifies as a clip show, despite the limited reused footage. But it doesn't classify as a bottle episode. If they never left Toei's sound stages, and they only used existing sets, then it would be a bottle episode. Basically, the big public fight disqualifies this from being a bottle episode under normal definitions.
They still haven't said Archimedel's name in show.
Er, who's Archimedel?
I've been wondering this for a while: what is she eating?
Oh, they're serious about this being the Jamato Grand Prix arc? Oookay
Credit to the writers where it's due. Each of these arcs has been very distinct, while still telling an overall coherent story.
takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:08 pm Can I get 5 more people?! I definitely feel like I can get the 6 people to prove Luna wrong on this
Yo! I got it! I assume we're talking about the OG version and not the New version?
Wait, is this confirmation that Kekera is literally a frog?
Yes, and it's glorious! :lol:
Yaiba wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:40 am Given that Toei didn't give the supporter Riders a unique logo and 3 of them are CGIs, I suspect we won't be seeing too much of them.
That's really for the best. The action in KR is at its apex when it's suited stunties having exaggerated fights. CGI fights tend to be very dull in comparison.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:07 pm
They still haven't said Archimedel's name in show.
Er, who's Archimedel?
The Jamato gardener/creator. We only know his name because a) it shows up in credits and b) in the captions.
ViRGE wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:07 pm
I've been wondering this for a while: what is she eating?
Looks like jelly beans to me

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”