What is a "ドオオオーンと(DOOON To) Happy Ending"?

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

What is a "ドオオオーンと(DOOON To) Happy Ending"?

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Since there are only two episodes of Donbrothers left, let's discuss what we think is a happy ending for our favorite characters. So what do you think is a "happy ending" for your character? This could be what you want for your favorite character at the end of the series or what you think would be a happy ending for your favorite character even if you don't necessarily like it.
My favorite characters are Haruka, Tsubasa, Sonoi, Sonoza and Kaito. My "ドオオオンと Happy Ending" for these characters are:
  • Haruka: I want her to be absolved of the plagiarism. I want her to be a best-selling mangaka. I wish she could continue being Oni Sister alongside fulfilling her dream, but I know that's not possible.
  • Tsubasa: I want his name to be cleared once and for all. He goes back to his old clothes and hairstyle, cuz they are better than his current hairstyle and clothing. I don't think his clothes are bad, I think he looks cool in his long jacket and t-shirt. But it's very boring and annoying seeing him wear the same civilian clothes 365 days a year(even when he was no longer a fugitive). Him finally getting married (I bet everyone forgot at this point that they're engaged) to Natsumi. And then they go back to acting and finally succeed in their careers.
  • Sonoi: Having a job that allows him to help and learn about humans more. Working at the Oden shop is a bit too simple for him, but it's not off my list completely. Maybe becoming an artist, since he's good at painting.
  • Sonoza: Of course, him being Haruka's editor-in-chief and guiding her to be a best-selling mangaka. Simple and sweet.
  • Kaito: Ok, he's not really my favorite character. I just think he's a very interesting character with wasted potential. His happy ending is nothing other than Inoue explaining where the heck he comes from, who the heck he is and whether he's the Kaito from Zenkaiger or not. If he is the Kaito from Zenkaiger what the heck happened to him?!
Those were my favorite characters from Donbrothers. I don't care too much about the other characters. If there's something that I want to happen to the rest of them:
  • Tarou: Him learning to be a bit more human and treating his teammates as equals(I know they can't match his strength, prowess and whatever, but it doesn't kill him to be nice to them), with respect and kindness most of the time, if he can't 100% of the time.
  • Shin'ichi: Getting a freaking job, even if it is selling books and/or Haikus.
  • Tsuyoshi: Getting psychotherapy.
  • Sononi: Doing something that doesn't involve breaking up other couples.
Now, I know not all of them are realistic in the Donbrothers world, but I do want them to be able to enjoy normal lives at some point.
Let me know what you guys want for your favorite characters.

Edit: I realized after counting the members that I forgot Jirou.... And Don Murasame :!:
[*]Jirou: I want him to live a normal life, I guess. Maybe as a farmer ...? I honestly don't know. He's less a character and more a plot device. I don't know what to say.... All I know is that he deserved better.
[*]Don Murasame: Becoming their own person... Free of their mother's control. Again, more a plot device and less a character. So, don't have much for this guy. But I'd certainly like to hear what you guys want for them.
Last edited by Thenosa Yechette on Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: What is a "ドオオオーンと(DOOON To) Happy Ending"?

Post by takenoko »

More or less the same. Tarou and Sonoi get to be together. Natsumi falls for Tsuyoshi because why not, she basically already did subconsciously. Tsubasa reciprocates his feelings for Sononi. The only reason he's being cold to her is because he knows she cares more for him than Natsumi ever did. Sonoza and Haruka do their manga thing. Who's left? Maybe Jirou gets one praise from Tarou at the end and gets an official status as bench warmer member of the DonBrothers
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

• Tarou already has his, at least partially—get real friends and learn a bit more about socializing, including that he doesn’t have to answer every question
  • Unsure about Saruhara; maybe strike a better balance between his spiritual and physical life? He’s ordering real food now, after all
  • Tsubasa realizes that he can stop acting so edgy now that Natsumi’s back
  • Kijino gets a therapist and realizes what he’s been doing so wrong (maybe Sononi tells him about real love in the middle of that, now that she’s figured it out?)
  • Haruka gets absolved of plagiarism and works with Sonoza to turn DonBrothers into a bestselling manga, which eventually gets a licensed tokusatsu adaptation
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Mxylv wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:16 am [*]Haruka gets absolved of plagiarism and works with Sonoza to turn DonBrothers into a bestselling manga, which eventually gets a licensed tokusatsu adaptation
[/list]
And we learn that Haruka was Inoue the whole time
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

I'm still sticking with my old "this world is an illusion/simulation" created by GodKaito until proven otherwise.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

takenoko wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:51 am
Mxylv wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:16 am [*]Haruka gets absolved of plagiarism and works with Sonoza to turn DonBrothers into a bestselling manga, which eventually gets a licensed tokusatsu adaptation
[/list]
And we learn that Haruka was Inoue the whole time
I thought we already assumed all of what you said (Donbrothers is Haruka's manga, and Haruka is Inoue) to be canon... I mean, what better way to end the season than with this revelation?
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I know this is a happy ending thread instead of a prediction thread, but in light of the finale, we didn't do that bad:
Spoiler
  • -Tarou is indeed more expressive and clearly caring for others--I don't think he'd asked how his companions were or what they thought of their predicaments before the finale
  • -Haruka is either absolved of plagiarism or it's just forgotten about, and she and Sonoza turn DonBrothers into a manga bestseller... and we see Inoue briefly, so eh, I'm counting a tokusatsu adaptation as canon
  • -Tsubasa reciprocates Sononi's feelings
  • -Natsumi and Tsuyoshi get together
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,

Return to “Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers”