My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 25 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.08 of 5 stars (13 votes)

4.08 last week is pretty respectable for a clip show!

LOL Beroba, giving bells to the players like they're pets. How did they get the fancy DGP boxes and buckles though?

Ooh, the bad guys have been reduced to these guys? That's one way of limiting the players lol. And it's not a total loss, they've even got a couple pawns. (Are Pawns the only ones who can transform into Jamato Riders? Cause that's a cool note that I didn't pick on before. Very fitting with the chess theme)

When do we get Jamato a king or queen? (Beroba is obviously going to be the Jamato Queen. Will Buffa be her king?)

Hey Sparrow, why do you suck so much that you're not in the running for the game

Ooh, is this our first close up of Buffa's friend? I totally thought he was losing it, which he probably is to not be surprised to see his buddy back to life. Also, is this one of those situations where it's a kid show and these two guys are "very good friends"?

I noticed they updated the opening! Oh right, this is a new season of Jamato Grand Prix... Didn't notice any new on the ddesire cards in the op

Oh, that's why the Jamato have the silly bells

Archimedel has a crazy laugh too

Points for Tsumuri's death stare

Quite a mobile camera this action scene

Ooh, a glimpse at the future

There's Kyuun negging Neon again lol

Oh, nice death stare from TimeFire too. Good death stare episode! It must be so boring to live in these viewing rooms with nothing in the background but some weird screensaver

lol buffa doing the horn flip. Who's doing the voice for the female jamato stuff?

Whoa, Buffa hurting himself to get that last bit of charge. That's a nice character/action moment

Man, I can't remember the last time Geats was hit this many times in a single episode.

I think a solid 4/5? Major plot stuff is happening, but at the end of the day, it's just the Jamato fucking up the local town festival and stomping on a few flyers. (I did like hearing the sound effect whenever they scored a point though. Not sure if that existed for the DGP version). However! There's a lot of great moments in this episode. Cool action bits like the mobile camera and Buffa's horn flip to drama moments like death stares and Buffa being confronted by this clone of his former friend. Does Buffa truly accept this imitator or not?
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Geats 25 discussion thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

lol at Keiwa making that face in the OP in the section where it shows the riders with their supporters and he's holding Kekera.

Sparrow, why are you still helping out? like, I know why Beroba would want to keep you around, since you can provide strategies and stuff, but why are you staying if you can't compete? that means you can't get your wish, so what do you get out of this?

considering he only used the Jamato buckle originally because he had no other options, I'm curious why Buffa's still using it now that he's got the Zombie buckle back. is he doing it because it provides a raw power boost? because he CAN'T transform without it now, since his ID core is shattered? maybe it's addictive to non-Jamato? it's already started turning him, maybe there'll be adverse effects if he stops?

also, got a Nago box for the first time last week, this week we finally get a Buffa box. just means I gotta keep an eye out for those and Tycoon's, whenever they finally go on sale, too. they like to randomly announce new stuff for sale out of nowhere all the time. like, the gun and belt for the support riders got put up for preorder on a monday, iirc. and the new item that shows up in the preview for next week was put up for sale a week or two ago. heck, out of nowhere earlier this past week they announced two new P Bandai ID Core sets (Geats + Tycoon and Buffa + Nago) where the cores still fit in the belt, but these ones can make sounds and have the characters' voice lines in them, as well as coming with their Desire Cards from the DGP that started in episode 2.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

>Considering he only used the Jamato buckle originally because he had no other options, I'm curious why Buffa's still using it now that he's got the Zombie buckle back. is he doing it because it provides a raw power boost? because he CAN'T transform without it now, since his ID core is shattered? maybe it's addictive to non-Jamato? it's already started turning him, maybe there'll be adverse effects if he stops?

That's a legit good question. We keep going to shots of his hand covered in mossy tendrils. Bro, we know you're made, but you okay?

>this week we finally get a Buffa box.

Oh, I totally missed that

>well as coming with their Desire Cards from the DGP that started in episode 2.

The cards were a neat bonus

I should probably research this, but is there a relationship between drumming and thunder?

Edit:
Wait, so if Tooru is the Knight. And Takeshi/Polar Bear-kun is Rook. Who's Bishop? Ginpen?
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:10 pm I should probably research this, but is there a relationship between drumming and thunder?

Edit:
Wait, so if Tooru is the Knight. And Takeshi/Polar Bear-kun is Rook. Who's Bishop? Ginpen?
if I had to guess, it's because Taiko drumming can sound like the rumble of thunder?

also, re: bishop, I wanna say maybe? on the one hand, it'd make for an emotional moment for Keiwa, on the other hand we also have 2 pawns as riders, and every time we've seen a Jamato quote Ginpen so far, it was a Jamato Rider.

counting all the people we've seen actually die on this show, there's Buffa, who's still buffa, his friend who's the knight, Kyouryuu Blue who's the Rook, Ginpen who could be one of the pawns, leaving the Bishop and the other pawn.

two more Jamato.

and we HAVE seen two other deaths.

Not-Nago and Punkjack.

Sacrificial Lamb girl could be the other pawn rider, and Punkjack the bishop. you could maybe argue if Punkjack should be here, since he didn't die to the Jamato, but then neither did Buffa Buddy.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Wait, Punk-Jack died?

lol Sacrificial Lamb. But yeah, the only reason why I thought of Ginpen is because he's the only other person who's been quoted by the Jamato. Althoooough, that might just be because we're starting to run out of dead Riders who've said anything remotely memorable. We were already scraping the bottom with Polar Bear-kun, since I had to double check that he even said some lines
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:04 am Wait, Punk-Jack died?
yeah, remember? Girori mind controlled him to keep Ace from getting a belt before they killed the Bishop, so when Keiwa killed the Jamato, Ace got dropped for losing the game. that led into the Final Boss fight where Buffa died and Ace came back because he'd written himself all those secret notes, beat the Final Boss, then Girori made the bonus round of Fox Hunting, where we see Punk-Jack again after wondering where he'd been for the whole last fight, and he seems normal again, until the reveal of his helmet blowing away to show he's still mind controlled, and he suicide bombs Ace.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, that's right. That's so funny, because I remember writing some lines asking where Punk-Jack went, totally forgetting about that scene. Thanks for the reminder!
DreadBringer
Gao
Quote: I am gonna clear this with even with Continues

Post by DreadBringer »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:31 pm Sparrow, why are you still helping out? like, I know why Beroba would want to keep you around, since you can provide strategies and stuff, but why are you staying if you can't compete? that means you can't get your wish, so what do you get out of this?
They're aiming to take the Goddess of Creation for themselves, likely it'd be used by anyone in that circle and Daichi can get his share.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Rewatching this, I picked up on something (spoilering for now to be safe):
Spoiler
Niram suggests that Neon was created by the Goddess, meaning a) her dad was a previous DGP winner, and b) she was his wish. I went back and watched episode 24 to check, and the point where the Clip Show narrator mentions what people have wished for in the past plays when it cuts to Neon in Kyuun's supporter room. they were dropping hints about this while making it look like it might actually be a hint about Geats (and still might be for all we know).
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:49 am Rewatching this, I picked up on something (spoilering for now to be safe):
Spoiler
Niram suggests that Neon was created by the Goddess, meaning a) her dad was a previous DGP winner, and b) she was his wish. I went back and watched episode 24 to check, and the point where the Clip Show narrator mentions what people have wished for in the past plays when it cuts to Neon in Kyuun's supporter room. they were dropping hints about this while making it look like it might actually be a hint about Geats (and still might be for all we know).
Ooh, right
Spoiler
I wonder if the story about Neon getting kidnapped as a kid was actually something that happened to their original kid, and Neon is a replacement/resurrected version? Maybe she's one of the many dolls the mom keeps around, like a Pinnochio
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:01 am
Connie_Edogawa wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:49 am Rewatching this, I picked up on something (spoilering for now to be safe):
Spoiler
Ooh, right
Spoiler
I wonder if the story about Neon getting kidnapped as a kid was actually something that happened to their original kid, and Neon is a replacement/resurrected version? Maybe she's one of the many dolls the mom keeps around, like a Pinnochio
ooooh, bigger potential twist!
Spoiler
what if she's like a "completed" Jamato or something, fully having subsumed the identity of someone else, in this case the "real" Neon?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:05 am
takenoko wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:01 am

Ooh, right
Spoiler
ooooh, bigger potential twist!
Spoiler
what if she's like a "completed" Jamato or something, fully having subsumed the identity of someone else, in this case the "real" Neon?
I like that twist, but if that's the case, why is farmer guy trying so hard to recreate that work? Also, thinking about it some more, I guess the implication is that Neon just exists for the wife and that TimeFire doesn't actually care (unless Niramu isn't being totally honest)
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

None of what you guys are speculating about had occurred to me, but I totally get it.
DreadBringer wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:55 am
Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:31 pm Sparrow, why are you still helping out? like, I know why Beroba would want to keep you around, since you can provide strategies and stuff, but why are you staying if you can't compete? that means you can't get your wish, so what do you get out of this?
They're aiming to take the Goddess of Creation for themselves, likely it'd be used by anyone in that circle and Daichi can get his share.
Brave of you to assume Beroba has any intention of sharing what seems to be near-omnipotence.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
sqizzo
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O; Kamen Rider Gaim; Kamrn Rider Wizard
Favorite Band: Wrist
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: ka BOOM!
Quote: "My grandmother said this...when people love others, they become weaker, but it is nothing to be ashamed of. True weakness lies elsewhere."

Post by sqizzo »

Is relationship with mother a common theme for this series. Ace and his mother, Neon and her mother, Keiwa and his sister who might be filling in as the role of a mother, and suddenly this random kid and his dead mother.

Yeah, the backstory for Neon's father is intriguing indeed. I don't think it will be as twisty as Connie and Takenoko suggested because I don't have any sense of "be careful what you wish for" theme so far. More of a true love is family love kinda thing I guess. But I could be wrong because Kamen Rider plot like to flip around at the end.
The darkness first descend,
The darkness will not end,
The darkness i befriend,
The darkness i command.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

sqizzo wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:23 pm Is relationship with mother a common theme for this series. Ace and his mother, Neon and her mother, Keiwa and his sister who might be filling in as the role of a mother, and suddenly this random kid and his dead mother.
That's kind of interesting, since so many Japanese stories (especially hero stories) are usually about the hero's relationship with their dad

That was much more cerebral than my knee jerk reaction to say it's a representation of Takahashi's subconscious desire to sleep with his mom

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”