DonBrothers Series Discussion and Poll

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 21, 2023 11:50 pm

☆☆☆☆☆ Don to Happy End
59%
☆☆☆☆ Sonoshi?
15%
☆☆☆ Sonoza?
4%
☆☆ Sononi?
15%
☆ Sonoi
7%

Total votes: 27
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: DonBrothers Series Discussion and Poll

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:13 pm One thing that baffles me about people who don't like DOnBros because of the story is because I'm sort of the attitude "Sentai has a story?"
I've never liked this view of "Well what do you expect? It's Toei, it's MEANT to be shit". Saw a lot of people using that excuse when Zi-O continued to provide Super Megaforce levels of not giving a shit week by week. There are plenty of examples of them producing good shows.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

HowlingSnail wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:28 am
takenoko wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:13 pm One thing that baffles me about people who don't like DOnBros because of the story is because I'm sort of the attitude "Sentai has a story?"
I've never liked this view of "Well what do you expect? It's Toei, it's MEANT to be shit". Saw a lot of people using that excuse when Zi-O continued to provide Super Megaforce levels of not giving a shit week by week. There are plenty of examples of them producing good shows.
Oh, I didn't mean it that way. I just meant, overarching stories don't tend to be Sentai's forte. Like DekaRanger, wildly popular because it focused on strong characters and action, despite being a mostly episodic format. In some ways, I kind of feel like that's the nature of a year-long series. You've got maybe 20 episodes worth of story stretched out over a year
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

If a series has a poor story, terrible cast look like Zyuohger, Ninninger or Kyuranger although they have traditional Sentai concept with final boss, I rather watch Donbrothers. If Donbrothers has a better solve-in-story, it is not Inoue's style anymore. We know Inoue will write on his own will rather than follow in order from producer or make audience happy.

Return to “Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers”