My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 30 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.67 of 5 stars (9 votes)

Nice, wanted Geats to try to toss something at Beroba. Also, her reaction is perfect. Why is this show so good

While it's nice to have Sparrow for the bad guys to bounce off of, I kind of wish they had kept Sae since she was more interesting

There's Neon, just another dolll. Her mom's office is huge

I have a lot of question about why Neon would do that to her mom

/me looks at the photoshop cropping around TimeFire's hair

Tsumuri is cool, please use her more

They really need to stop having people be so close to the camera when in the artificial spaces. You can totally see the weird cropping around his hair when Ace is talking to Kyuun

Neon: Who am I?
Geats: Nago

lol. Wait, if the fish thing can be done at any point, why doesn't she just use that against the Riders

Wait, is Buffa's motivation a revelation to you, Ace? Pretty sure you've known it this whole time

The way Ukiyo said that makes it sound like he was also a creation of the goddess

Oh, he wrote his lines down before speaking. Smart! As an introvert that also sucks at talking, I appreciate it

Look at Kyuun's signature. He has a music symbol for a K

lol where are these feathers coming from

Wait, where is that boost from? Didn't Ace usurp all of them?

Again, Boost being the best power up

I hope Neon will get to use the laser driver at some point

Edit: In what world does that count as a draw?

How is the fish guy stilll alive? Archimedel is still one of the best character actors

Geats's mother is the goddess of creation? What a shock. Who could have predicted- Everyone. Everyone predicted this

I don't know what I expected from a Neon story, but I was hoping for more? I kind of wish it had been Keiwa to step up to help, since this series is best when it's Ace, Neon, and Keiwa supporting and interacting with each other
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Geats 30 discussion thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

oh, no. Ace's mom is the goddess statue, and the DGP staff are responsible for her condition, thus implying they're antagonistic (as if was not already apparent), and thus Ace is going to have to confront them eventually?

what's next? you're going to tell me fire hot? water wet? where will the shocking twists end?
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Yesssssss, Ace kicked that Jamato into the audience booth. Too bad there's a protective barrier.

Lol, Beroba have Nago forcefully transported the the fight so Ace can't replace her like last time.

Ziin and Kyunn learned sorrow and suffering from their riders. What emotion will Kekera learn? Knowing Keiwa it's probably family related.

Did Sparrow just dropped the key to the cell for Keiwa to pick up

Also, how did he conclude this is a draw? It's 2-1 to the riders. If he's talking about JGP as a whole the riders won every single round?

And didn't they say the side that loses will lose all their players?

Seems like Archimedel is going to heal the Jamato's severed arm with his own.

I hope they will continue Neon's story in the background because it doesn't feel over yet. Will mum accept this "daughter", and will Neon accept that as her home? Other than the premise, she lived and grew up in that house, her relationships and memories are real and of her own.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:35 pmWait, where is that boost from? Didn't Ace usurp all of them?
That Boost was Neon's birthday present from Kyuun which was shown in the previous episode.

So I guess they could have revived Akari but she would retain the memory of her death which probably was a good reason not to do it. A 8 year old remembering her death would just mess her up forever.

The first Game Master has the same voice as the Vision Driver.
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

Ya'know, I've just remembered: didn't Neon had a thing with those two gajin bodyguards trying to bring her home constantly? Whatever happened to that, have her parents started letting her go out at some point, or is she supposed to be stuck in a never ending loop of running away and being brought back and it's just we only observe her during the 'freedom' phase of that cycle..?
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

Okay, so this could mean that Ace is either an offspring of an entity from the past and from the future or that his mother created him by herself. Either way, this followed the lore of the 9-tailed fox in which the moment a fox attained having 9 tails, he or she will ascend to godhood.
I believe Ace would be the 9th incarnation of Mitsume's son and this will be the base of his final form.
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

Mikadius wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:19 pm Ya'know, I've just remembered: didn't Neon had a thing with those two gajin bodyguards trying to bring her home constantly? Whatever happened to that, have her parents started letting her go out at some point, or is she supposed to be stuck in a never ending loop of running away and being brought back and it's just we only observe her during the 'freedom' phase of that cycle..?
That went sideways when she joined the DGP partway through in episode 10 when her father got involved and afterwards tells the mother to let Neon be without any details on what, if anything, he told her until she finds out about the DGP several episodes later and calls Neon to tell her to stop and is told "no" without any further appearances until this bullfighting game when the truth comes out about Akari and Neon.

They can't bring her back when she's in a Jammer Area or any DGP locations and they stopped trying to bring her home when she's out and about as she seems to not be running away anymore both due to her father's involvement with the DGP and seemingly to take a different approach with her family.

Of course there's been nothing from those bodyguards since they got their memories back from their ID Cores, which were in her father's room for some reason, except for John helping with the festival in episode 26.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Which is really a pity cause those guys are some of the funniest parts of Geats
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

This episode was very quirky and emotional.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

This episode laid on the emotional beats a bit too thickly, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the episode overall.

Since Geats tends to stick to an informal two-part story structure - setup in the first episode, resolution in the second - I don't think anyone is too surprised that Neon's immediate dilemma was resolved in this episode. In that respect, this episode was a bit by-the-numbers in terms of the Neon A plot, but it executed on it well. Neon was crushed, rebounded, and Kyuun was involved. It almost got to be too saccharine, but magical creation origins aside, parents having new children to replace dead children is (sadly) very much a thing in the real world. So it was a rather humanist plot, right down to Neon's parents not being able to love her like they would have liked.

Though I'm not sure how to feel about the external validation angle. Even though Neon got up with her own two feet, one of the elements of her conflict was that she was suddenly robbed of any external validation of her existence, right when she needed it most - that she mattered despite being a replacement. Kyuun's pep talk wasn't quite "you still matter to me", but it wasn't reinforcing a self-validation mindset, either.

In the meantime, I guess it's a bit weird that Neon doesn't have a home. Not that anyone's home has been a consistent and major plot element of the series, but it's a bit jarring since the episode doesn't end on giving her a place to go. Crashing on Kyuun's AR couch isn't going to cut it, not the least of which is because he's a creepy stalker from the future.

As for Neon's family, Daddy TimeFire sure is a piece of work, isn't he? Having trouble loving his replacement daughter I can actually understand. But then he has to double-down on his desire to have his daughter get hitched to a future man. Though his desire for Neon to find true love does seem to be in earnest, even if it serves his own goals at the same time.

And now that we have a more complete picture of what Kyuun is all about and why he watches the DGP, I feel like the society of the future is finally coming into focus. Because all of these future people come from a perfect utopia where they're created in an ideal image and never know hardships or challenges, they're all massively emotionally stunted. Zinn doesn't understand death, Kyuun doesn't understand empathy, and Beroba is an extreme case of sadism, taking pleasure from inflicting suffering on other people. These are some very, very messed up people. :shock:

All of this helps to explain why they're watching the DGP, though. Humans of the future still need entertainment, and how is anyone supposed to write a fulfilling story if they are this emotionally stunted? So they're doing the next best thing and watching the conflicts of passionate people in the past. Which raises the question of why they don't just abduct a few writers and take them to the future, rather than putting the whole world at risk, but I digress...

It's a classic sci-fi variation on the utopia trope. But I like it. And it's very fitting given that it's coming from Takahashi Yuya, whose last two KR series have also strongly embraced classical sci-fi tropes.

The DGP is still yet another layer on that onion, though. While they may have started out with the goal of providing entertainment, there's obviously something more going on there - a proper evil plot that we haven't seen fully revealed yet. We're not yet at the point where we know "to what end" the DGP is doing all of this, and I don't feel like the show has dropped too many hints about that so far.

Though if you didn't see Ace's mom being the Goddess, please slap yourself in the face.:lol: It's not a bad twist, but the writers may have telegraphed that one a little too well. With that said, I'm glad that isn't going to get dragged out for another 10 episodes, so I'm excited to see how things are going to hit the fan in the next two weeks as Ace finds out. The Director has a lot of 'splainin to do.

Finally, I was surprised that this, of all episodes, finally revealed Buffa's true motive. He's not out to just destroy the Kamen Riders in a revenge plot, but he's out to destroy the whole DGP. I'm still of the opinion that he's crossed the moral event horizon when he threw in his lot with Beroba. But perhaps he's not so stupid and petty after all.

PS Is it my imagination, or was there a bunch of new background music in this episode? There were a lot of slower tracks I don't remember hearing in previous episodes.
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:35 pm Nice, wanted Geats to try to toss something at Beroba. Also, her reaction is perfect. Why is this show so good
Agreed. That whole kick-into-the-stands bit was just perfect. It's a shame that for plot reasons it needed to not connect.
Yeah. In the history of bad ideas, Neon reviving her poor mom's old memories is an absolutely terrible idea. It did get her an answer, but going after her father would have been the less traumatic choice for all involved.
Tsumuri is cool, please use her more
Also agreed. She really hasn't had much to do for the last dozen or so episodes, and especially since the JGP arc started. She's only a supporting character, but as one of the only future people that would seem to have a conscious, it's a shame she's so divorced from the bulk of the plot in any given episode.
They really need to stop having people be so close to the camera when in the artificial spaces. You can totally see the weird cropping around his hair when Ace is talking to Kyuun
What time code are you seeing that? I went through those scenes again, and I'm not seeing it.
Technically, neither Nago nor the Jamato are standing at the end. It's a bit of a stretch, as the Jamato is certainly the one in worse shape, but Neon is very roughed up as well. She basically pulled off one last berserker attack before collapsing herself.

Also, if either side wins, then it would mean the end of status quo. Geats' plot isn't quite stalling for time, but they're certainly trying to avoid any more world-changing wishes for the time being.
this series is best when it's Ace, Neon, and Keiwa supporting and interacting with each other
I don't disagree. But it's clear that the writers are going to have all of the main riders learn something important from their future person supporter. It certainly has some charm, though I suspect Keiwa's turn is going to be the hardest to nail.
Yaiba wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:41 am Did Sparrow just dropped the key to the cell for Keiwa to pick up
Yeah. Since it was a draw, he technically needed to let Keiwa go. But that doesn't mean he's going to go through the trouble himself. It was an incredibly petty thing to do, but there's a reason they're rivals :lol:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

>Crashing on Kyuun's AR couch isn't going to cut it, not the least of which is because he's a creepy stalker from the future.

Speaking of which, can we visit Ace's home to see if Tsumuri and Gamemaster are still playing family?

>Zinn doesn't understand death, Kyuun doesn't understand empathy, and Beroba is an extreme case of sadism, taking pleasure from inflicting suffering on other people. These are some very, very messed up people. :shock:

Future not so ideal now, is it?

>All of this helps to explain why they're watching the DGP, though. Humans of the future still need entertainment,

Man, imagine living in a reality where you feel the need entertainment to escape from it. Completely unrelatable lol

>Finally, I was surprised that this, of all episodes, finally revealed Buffa's true motive. He's not out to just destroy the Kamen Riders in a revenge plot, but he's out to destroy the whole DGP. I'm still of the opinion that he's crossed the moral event horizon when he threw in his lot with Beroba. But perhaps he's not so stupid and petty after all.

Still don't think this is a revelation. If Buffa wants to get rid of all the Riders, then he has to get rid of the system putting them in place to begin with
What time code are you seeing that? I went through those scenes again, and I'm not seeing it.

9:01 while Ace leaves. If you get the close up of him talking you can see the lines around his face against the green screen not being perfectly straight. Then as he's leaving, if you look at his hairline you can see the glow of the blue screen behind his hair and the crop line bouncing around weirdly
Technically, neither Nago nor the Jamato are standing at the end. It's a bit of a stretch, as the Jamato is certainly the one in worse shape, but Neon is very roughed up as well. She basically pulled off one last berserker attack before collapsing herself.

I guess they can't end the game with one side just jumping the plot to win over the other side, but come up with better explanations, Takahashi
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:06 am
Yeah. In the history of bad ideas, Neon reviving her poor mom's old memories is an absolutely terrible idea. It did get her an answer, but going after her father would have been the less traumatic choice for all involved.
See, this course of action actually made the most sense to me. She knows her dad is high up in the DGP so it's highly possible he already has his memories back (she doesn't know) and even if he doesn't, he's not just going to blindly touch the Core. Her mom, on the other hand, is entirely ignorant, and so can be trusted to give a straight answer when her memories return. It's logically the most straightforward and simplest solution to finding out whether or not Beroba is telling the truth.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:04 am
ViRGE wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:06 am
See, this course of action actually made the most sense to me. She knows her dad is high up in the DGP so it's highly possible he already has his memories back (she doesn't know) and even if he doesn't, he's not just going to blindly touch the Core. Her mom, on the other hand, is entirely ignorant, and so can be trusted to give a straight answer when her memories return. It's logically the most straightforward and simplest solution to finding out whether or not Beroba is telling the truth.
I guess it helps that there doesn't appear to be much love loss between her and her mom. Speaking of which, does that mean that even with no memory of it, subconsciously Akari's mom was treating Neon like a possession because she knew somehow that she wasn't her real daughter? She doesn't allow Neon to have any friends or relationships, keeps her locked up like a doll, and tries to marry her off. The only thing stopping her is Akari's dad who only wants to stop it because he wants a political marriage instead (TimeFire being revealed to only see Neon as a tool really does a great job at shading all his previous dialogue and actions)
snowking666
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Geat
Dreamy: Izu
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru
Favorite Band: official 髭男dism
Quote: "If you have the motivation, I don't think anything in this world is imposibble. First, you have to start moving. If you move, something will start."
Type: INFP Healer

Post by snowking666 »

takenoko wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:59 am

I guess it helps that there doesn't appear to be much love loss between her and her mom. Speaking of which, does that mean that even with no memory of it, subconsciously Akari's mom was treating Neon like a possession because she knew somehow that she wasn't her real daughter? She doesn't allow Neon to have any friends or relationships, keeps her locked up like a doll, and tries to marry her off. The only thing stopping her is Akari's dad who only wants to stop it because he wants a political marriage instead (TimeFire being revealed to only see Neon as a tool really does a great job at shading all his previous dialogue and actions)
I think it is the opposite. Neon mom subconsciously remembers Akari death even though there is no memory. Thus, she wants to prevent it from happening again. That's why the Neon have bodyguard follow her around in the past. It gave Neon mom a sense of peace.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

But that's a sort of twisted sort of love isn't it? Denying any sort of happiness for that person in exchange for your own peace of mind?

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”