Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Need some help identifying a candy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

not 100% needed, but nice to have, context contained in spoiler tag to avoid making a long, rambly post that buries the lead:
Spoiler
there's at least 4 different levels of "quality" for lack of a better word with toku toys, in particular the interchangeable henshin widgets for different Rider seasons.

you've got DX, your standard stuff like the belts and any of the bulkier items like weapons and items that make multiple noises, all the bells and whistles.

you've got CSM, for when you want all the bells and whistles to have their own bells and whistles.

then you've got the gachapon stuff you can randomly get from machines outside stores and such and shokugan/SG/"candy toy" stuff that tends to be for the smaller items, like standard size lock seeds/shift cars/full bottles/progrise keys, etc., possibly indistinguishable from DX items depending on how complex they are (ex: full bottles have no sounds, so same thing, but progrise keys do, and the DX ones have more complicated electronics vs just cycling through sounds with a single button). they're rarely anything more complicated than the starting size of widget before they introduce the bulky, multi part, fancy power up items that have to be bigger so you know they're special, and in some cases they're the only way to get some of them, like the past rider progrise keys or raise buckles, because they're functionally the same level of detail and also not plot relevant, so it frees up the item release schedule by letting you do batches of them in waves, rather than crowd store shelves with a million DX items that only hard core collectors might get more than a couple of.
all this to say that I just got a few SG raise buckles (a Beat Axe equivalent of the weapon buckles for magnum, ninja, and zombie that go with Powered Builder, Kabuto Zecter, and King-Ohger) because they don't have DX counterparts to buy, and all of them, being "candy" toys, came bundled with a small white 4 leaf clover looking candy. I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of candies these are, before I got opening them up and it turns out I won't like them and will also know if anyone else I know might want them instead.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Need some help identifying a candy

Post by Lunagel »

Oh those are ramune candy, they're pretty ubiquitous with the candy toys. They taste a bit like soda? Nothing too outrageous. They're not worth shipping to someone else, either eat or pitch.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

oh, didn't mean shipping. just meant like handing off to a friend or something. don't wanna bring them with me to hand to a friend only for them to hate it.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

They're pretty inoffensive. A bit like Smarties only not as chalky and only the one flavor. I dunno if you'll like them but it's hard to hate them.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I got pretty sick of ramune, coke, and grape flavored candy after a bit

Back when I had a full time job I was on the Japan Crate for a bit and did some very light reviews of Japanese candies if you want to check them out:
https://takkynoko.tumblr.com/tagged/Japan%20Crate
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

they sound like I'll like them. and I realized I forgot to say thanks for answering me before, so thank you.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Dunno if they sell Love Hearts wherever you live, but it's the stuff those are made of.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”