My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 32 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.33 of 5 stars (9 votes)

I recently learned that Beroba's actress just turned 16. So she was 15 this whole time? Crazy

Is Ace crying?

Buffa a Ryuki fan I see. Oh shit, they said Archimedel's name.

Too bad Ziin didn't pull the gun out of Ace's pants. Up the Rider homoeroticism!

I see KR Ziin is op again

Maybe it's time to end the tyranny of the trope that only bad guys can leave in a cool way. Why should only bad guys get to teleport away?

Huh, is it me or is that a ridiculously long list of stunt actors this time?

So I guess this Jamato thinks he's Archimedel?

What? Geats gets another Boost Buckle? Are the supporters spending digi money to buy these like dlc packs?

That's a snail. I wonder if anyone's keeping a list of all the stuff Niramu has eaten

Ace, just beat him up and steal his belt. DGP is corrupt

TimeFire is always sitting in that awkward broken state. At least we know why now

You can totally see Beroba's invisible braces in that laugh

If Buffa is going to be ajn actual rival for Ace, he's going to need a powerup soon. I love Boost and Magnum,b ut why is Ace still using that form at this point in the story? That said, that fight was great

Ace got that driver back so easily

Gotta love Gazer's minimal movements

Wow, now that's a cliffhanger. Looking forward to a week without Geats, those episodes tend to be the best

Edit:
Hey, remember that high school girl that seemed like she'd be important last episode? Does she even appear in this one?
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: KR Geats 32 discussion thread

Post by Gokider »

takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:31 pm Is Ace crying?
Gotta have the show's lead get that type of emotional at some point, especially with one like Ace who rarely gets too emotional at all.
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:31 pm Maybe it's time to end the tyranny of the trope that only bad guys can leave in a cool way. Why should only bad guys get to teleport away?
You saying that because Ace teleported? It is weird how that wasn't used until Beroba took it. Chirami could've gotten away from her if he used that even if it messed up the game at the time.
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:31 pm So I guess this Jamato thinks he's Archimedel?
Maybe they merged consciousnesses and/or Archimedel is just in there and takes over when they want to be in that form.
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:31 pm What? Geats gets another Boost Buckle? Are the supporters spending digi money to buy these like dlc packs?
As with a lot of Rider gimmicks, the buckles were never really explained except for Boost Buckle being a one-off (meaning it hits Keiwa and flies off when it's been used enough) and as such, there was nothing to indicate how the sponsors get the buckles they want in the game (over the others) let alone once the JGP started.
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:31 pm If Buffa is going to be ajn actual rival for Ace, he's going to need a powerup soon. I love Boost and Magnum,b ut why is Ace still using that form at this point in the story? That said, that fight was great
You can see his Fever Zombie form in the preview for next episode with different horns and a cape or something like that so that seems to be his power-up from his wish for the power to wipe out Kamen Riders. Boost Mark II wears him out and Ziin had the Laser Raise Riser at that point. From a real world perspective, it was a moment of back to base forms for both Riders and Buffa was only using the Zombie Buckle for some reason though his helmet was, of course, still cracked so it wasn't a complete reset or anything.

Speaking of the preview, Ben and John henshin next time?
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:31 pm Ace got that driver back so easily
Didn't do the fox head with his hand though. It has been a while hasn't it?
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:31 pm Edit:
Hey, remember that high school girl that seemed like she'd be important last episode? Does she even appear in this one?
Nope, but she could've just been focused on to drive home the idea of people getting what they want at the expense of others.
Last edited by Gokider on Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:31 pmBuffa a Ryuki fan I see.
I had the same thought at that line.
So I guess this Jamato thinks he's Archimedel?
maybe that's the power of fresh fertilizer over using the broken cores?
I love Boost and Magnum,b ut why is Ace still using that form at this point in the story?
presumably because Ziin still has the Laser Raise Riser that he took back, so Ace can't go Laser Boost, and Boost Mark II by itself will exhaust him, as we see later.

my question is, after he gets knocked out of his henshin, how does he still have the gun?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

>maybe that's the power of fresh fertilizer over using the broken cores?

Well, everyone should get themselves a Jamato body, it seems superior to being human in every way. The only problem is this the original you or is this the teleporter trap?

>presumably because Ziin still has the Laser Raise Riser that he took back, so Ace can't go Laser Boost, and Boost Mark II by itself will exhaust him, as we see later.

Oh, that's a perfect explanation

>my question is, after he gets knocked out of his henshin, how does he still have the gun?

Have we seen him use the gun without transforming before? We definitely see Tsumuri use it in the opening, but that may not be canon
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

It's 32 episode later and I still don't get what Buffa's deal is. Despite of his big talks about deaths and corruption and shits, he simply just started another game. In the end he just want to rule the world with an iron fist where no one is strong enough to oppose him.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Some shots of the cast in the ADR studio from the official Twitter:

Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Who's the girl in the middle? Is that Nago?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

It's Beroba,'s actress. You were literally just saying how she's completely different from her character
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Well, wow. That was an ending I DID NOT expect. I don't know what to expect from this show anymore. But that's good.
I wish Ace got some more time with his mother and to process that situation. Everything happened pretty fast this episode.
And Ziin was pretty useless. He could've saved Ace if he acted sooner and made better decisions. So that was stupid.
Let's see how we get our heroes back. Because Neon wasn't around, I almost forgot that she hasn't been eliminated yet. What's the deal with her and Kyuun, though? Are they dating or whatever? I can't believe they didn't even show what Neon's been up to in the last 2 episodes. Nonetheless, with the main 2 riders gone, I hope they give some focus to Neon and Tsumuri. Perhaps even Sara. I don't see any reason to keep her alive and kill off Keiwa unless there are bigger plans for her.
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:31 pm That's a snail. I wonder if anyone's keeping a list of all the stuff Niramu has eaten
I bet someone is. I recently saw a post where someone compiled a lot of pictures from Niramu's eating scenes. :lol:
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:39 am It's Beroba,'s actress. You were literally just saying how she's completely different from her character
What? That's not her is it. What is she dubbing?

>What's the deal with her and Kyuun, though? Are they dating or whatever?

It feels like these two episodes might have been a bit stronger if we circled back to even check in to see what she's doing
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:52 am
Lunagel wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:39 am It's Beroba,'s actress. You were literally just saying how she's completely different from her character
One of the many scenes where she's a Rider in this show? Nothing to suggest these photos are from this episode specifically.

Also, it's pretty common in productions to redub lines in post if the audio you got on set wasn't good enough.
Seen:
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:29 pm my question is, after he gets knocked out of his henshin, how does he still have the gun?
Same as any other Rider in the franchise who use weapons that are part of the Rider abilities (meaning not really explained) who occasionally use the weapons out of suit so long as they still have the henshin device(s) for the corresponding form.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

They're not dubbing. They're recording the audio commentaries for episode 31/32. They dub stuff standing up like seiyuus, at least that's what I know. They do audio (and video) commentaries sitting down like that with mics in front of them.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:54 am

They're not dubbing. They're recording the audio commentaries for episode 31/32. They dub stuff standing up like seiyuus, at least that's what I know. They do audio (and video) commentaries sitting down like that with mics in front of them.
I know I've seen the cast standing up before (there's a pic of the Kyuranger cast all huddling round the too-few microphones), but I wondered if this was a COVID thing.
Seen:
NeoBoi22
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Type: INFP Healer

Post by NeoBoi22 »

Is it just more or is it that you can’t download this week’s commercials? Also, I think Anon made a mistake (I think?) last episode at the beginning were “It’s” misspelled. Not to sound picky 😅

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”