My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 33 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.63 of 5 stars (8 votes)

lol Sara had her memories reset. The cop looks familiar, which suit actor could this be. Love the jokes on Keiwa never having a girlfriend

Looks like Buffa's human again

With Geats dead, no opening this week

Does Tsumuri ever feel guilty for having people join to be Riders, knowing that most of them will die?

Gotta love John and Ben getting in on the Rider action

Tsumuri, you're slacking off, at least say the line

lol, Buffa has Loki horns

Feel like John and Ben's henshin poses look familiar. Awww, she ran off without her present from Tsumuri. Good old Beroba, meddling in the best way possible. How tall is she compared to Neon?

You're not going to make rider forms for Ben and John? Cheap! LOL, they're reaching out for each other. So if their cores get destroyed does that mean they're dead or just out of the game until the next reset?

You made a rider head for this guy that Buffa kills but not John and Ben??? Seriously?

LOL he just keeps the id cores in his pockets. Ugh, they add slimey sound effects for when he touches Kekera

Gotta love the callback to the last time Gamemaster did the worm

Tsumuri holding Geats' ID core like that is very much an Aerith praying for the world move

What? The Desire Royale is at the climax one episode in?

Whelp. Either the explanation for Geats's resurrection will be awesome or it'll suck. Seems like Tsumuri has something to do with it? Guess we'll see, let's hope they have a plan for how they want to wrap this up~

For an episode without Geats, was hoping for a bit more out of our side Riders, but we sorta got it but sorta didn't
snowking666
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Geat
Dreamy: Izu
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru
Favorite Band: official 髭男dism
Quote: "If you have the motivation, I don't think anything in this world is imposibble. First, you have to start moving. If you move, something will start."
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Geats 33 discussion thread

Post by snowking666 »

takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:47 pm < Previous
Wiki
Next >

Whelp. Either the explanation for Geats's resurrection will be awesome or it'll suck. Seems like Tsumuri has something to do with it? Guess we'll see, let's hope they have a plan for how they want to wrap this up~
From the last scene, the mask guy mention Tsumuri is awakening her power as a Goddess similar to Ace Mom who is the previous navigator.
That is what i think he said based on my limited knowledge (just starting to learn the language).
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Some of our favorite suit actors as guests this week. Takada Masashi is the cop (you might recognize him since he's the recurring cop chasing Tsubasa in DonBrothers). The man with the Shinobi buckle that Buffa beats is Eitoku. His character has a name, it's Nagayama Ittoku (永山一徳) which has the kanji for his name in it (永徳)
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

why does this rando dog man get a helmet but Ben and John don't? that's some BS.
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:47 pm So if their cores get destroyed does that mean they're dead or just out of the game until the next reset?
if I had to hazard a guess, it just means they can't be riders anymore period. I'm guessing everyone gets a single ID core, which is why returning players get the same core and not just given new ones each season, so they probably can't make new ones at all? my guess is because they got the blue fade out and "retired" call out like when someone is dropped from the game but still alive, as opposed to the "ID cracks and disappears and they fade away in red" of actual "death" (Buffa notwithstanding with his Zombie based survival of the arc pre-dezastar). whenever someone faded in blue before, their ID just disappeared but wasn't destroyed, presumably put in storage or something until needed in the future, and since they can't be riders without their IDs but aren't dead, they're just perma-dropped?

I'm now curious if Tsumuri is developing powers similar to Mitsume, or if she secretly IS Mitsume, or at least a part of her. it'd play into their names with the eye theming. all the DGP related people having eye/vision names and powers/rider names related to them, and then Mitsume's powers were shut off by closing her eyes (Tsumuri's name meaning to close one's eyes and all).

or maybe this is just a thing navigators can do, and she's developing the skill same as Mitsume did. which begs the question: why are there people who can do this? if future society is apparently regulated such that everyone has the "perfect" life, why is this a thing that's allowed to exist?

things learned from outside the episode:

Ben and John's rider names are Lancer and Garun respectively.

Dog Head rider is apparently named Kamen Rider Groovy, and I'll 100% believe his civilian name is Nagayama Ittoku, since that definitely seems like an intentional soundalike/pun to Eitoku, but where I learned his Rider name from said his civilian name was Nagayama Kazunori, so who knows?

I wonder how many of these ID cores Bandai's going to release in future sets.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>why does this rando dog man get a helmet but Ben and John don't? that's some BS.

Apparently that's Eitoku (he even gets a character name based on his actual name). Probably a little in-joke since he's Tycoon's suit actor this year too

Hmm, I still find the DesiGra's rules confusing on whether you're permanently dead or just returned to the world with your memories erased

>or maybe this is just a thing navigators can do, and she's developing the skill same as Mitsume did. which begs the question: why are there people who can do this? if future society is apparently regulated such that everyone has the "perfect" life, why is this a thing that's allowed to exist?

From what people say about the future, it sounds like they're not supposed to. But apparently Mitsume wanted to be a mom or something? And as the documentary Dr Strange and the Madness of Moms shows, moms be going crazy with power

>Ben and John's rider names are Lancer and Garun respectively.

Oh? Wait, wtf is Garun lol

>Dog Head rider is apparently named Kamen Rider Groovy, and I'll 100% believe his civilian name is Nagayama Ittoku, since that definitely seems like an intentional soundalike/pun to Eitoku, but where I learned his Rider name from said his civilian name was Nagayama Kazunori, so who knows?

This is why kanji is so confusing. I don't know how you get into the industry in Japan without having your name out on a website to explain to people even just how to pronounce it

>I wonder how many of these ID cores Bandai's going to release in future sets.

They will release all of them and you will have to buy them all. Search your feelings, you know it to b e true
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

The impression I got after watching subbed is that the Goddess of Creation is a title passed down. So Geats' mum is the current one, Tsumuri is gonna be the next one, and Ace was revived by her tapping into that power. It's why he's attacking the Game Master. Cause he pissed off Tsumuri, and she's starting to sour on the idea of the DGP.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Hmm, I'm not sure about the Goddess of Creation title being something that's passed from woman to woman like a formal secret nature to being Navigator. But it definitely seems to imply that something is going on with Tsumuri, so I don't know how else to explain it
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Kanji is the worst
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

They couldn't even be bothered to give Lancer and Garun designs in that picture. It reminds me of the Kyuranger Chouzenshuu book, where several of the Kyutama were silhouettes.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:55 pm
Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:16 pm why does this rando dog man get a helmet but Ben and John don't? that's some BS.
Apparently that's Eitoku (he even gets a character name based on his actual name). Probably a little in-joke since he's Tycoon's suit actor this year too

Hmm, I still find the DesiGra's rules confusing on whether you're permanently dead or just returned to the world with your memories erased
This new Rider's motif is an animal that they could manage by reworking an existing helmet (Lopo's since wolf to beagle isn't to big a switch apparently) while John and Ben's ID Cores suggest large felines, which is both in reference to their job of guarding the runaway/stray house cat and means a rework of that wouldn't work for them despite their Beat forms - plus reworking the helmets for the main Rider for someone else doesn't get done both for practicality with the helmet still being needed for its originator and semantics as it's better not to do that with the lead characters unless there's a specific point.

Raccoon-Dog and Beagle aside, Groovy using the Ninja Buckle would certainly seem too coincidental to not be in reference to Eitoku playing Tycoon, but the other similarity is that both Rider names are anagrams of the animal with a slight alteration.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Gotta self censor since this is from ep 34 -take
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

Whoops this is from ep 34 -take
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:47 pm Feel like John and Ben's henshin poses look familiar.
They came up with them when they first did them in episode 14 and while Ben's pose is dance inspired due to his actor (and appropriate with the music theme they apparently share with Neon), John's actor, Tom Constantine, based his on early Heisei Riders; primarily Agito, Faiz, and Blade.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I still don't 100% understand where Lancer and Garun come from, but I just got the pun with Groovy.

EN: Groovy -> JP Kana/Romanized: グルーヴィー/Guruーbiー -> JP Kana/Romanized: ビーグル/Biーguru -> EN: Beagle

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”