Dax
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokai / Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Shinken / Kabuto
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Avatar by me.

Re: Why the Rider and Sentai torrents are gone

Post by Dax »

Damn, got my hopes up for a while, stupid faker, why did you do that?
Wish it was true.
Completed
Sentai: From Deka to Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider: From Ryuki to Zi-O
Other: GARO, Cutie Honey, Sh15uya, Tokusatsu GaGaGa
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

This person has been harassing takenoko for the past week or so trying to get him to start up subs for the shows again. Which, a) not cool, don't harass anyone, b) the whole reason we stopped was because of the VERY REAL legal hot water we could possibly get into. Trying to get someone to start up something you're aware could get them into trouble just so you can watch a children's show is despicable, and I hope this person realizes this someday.
MaskedRiderChris2020
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Favorite series: The GARO franchise
2nd Favorite Series: Jyuuken Sentai Gekiranger
Dreamy: Reika Shindai (rawr)
Favorite Band: LOVEBITES
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Necronomidol
Quote: "Is that gasoline, Mister Gideon?"
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MaskedRiderChris2020 »

I know, right? That was not cool. Got me excited for a moment too. *scowl*
Dax
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokai / Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Shinken / Kabuto
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Avatar by me.

Post by Dax »

Lunagel wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:19 am This person has been harassing takenoko for the past week or so trying to get him to start up subs for the shows again. Which, a) not cool, don't harass anyone, b) the whole reason we stopped was because of the VERY REAL legal hot water we could possibly get into. Trying to get someone to start up something you're aware could get them into trouble just so you can watch a children's show is despicable, and I hope this person realizes this someday.
Totally agreed. I understand why you want to stay under the radar as much as possible. I'm not blaming you (the team) or anything.
Completed
Sentai: From Deka to Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider: From Ryuki to Zi-O
Other: GARO, Cutie Honey, Sh15uya, Tokusatsu GaGaGa
WhiteHero664
Sentai Senshi
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by WhiteHero664 »

HowlingSnail wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:43 am
vasyear wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:41 am they are about to copyright it in the west
Copyright is not a verb. You do not copyright something. As soon as it exists in a tangible, permanent form, it is protected by copyright. It's not a thing you file for. And for the most part it's international. All your posts are just showing you haven't the faintest idea about how rights work. And neither do I, but I dare say I know more than you do.
According to https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/copyright, copyright is a verb
gordanbreaker3
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Quote: Hi

Post by gordanbreaker3 »

1 year later
hamn8rjr
Infinity

Post by hamn8rjr »

you know, it's been like two years since this happened. but I still wonder, why did they wait until two years ago? if the company was aware of what you were doing, then why suddenly crack down on it? true you guys weren't exactly legal, but it still doesn't make sense. considering how well known you are, it doesn't make sense to force it now. not to mention Over-Time is still fansubbing. so why is it the more colorful fansubbers are banned from doing Super Sentai and Kamen Rider but the more plain one is still going after you guys lost it for two years? I know it's none of my business and I'm not a lawyer, but it doesn't seem right to me.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

hamn8rjr wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:05 am you know, it's been like two years since this happened. but I still wonder, why did they wait until two years ago? if the company was aware of what you were doing, then why suddenly crack down on it? true you guys weren't exactly legal, but it still doesn't make sense. considering how well known you are, it doesn't make sense to force it now. not to mention Over-Time is still fansubbing. so why is it the more colorful fansubbers are banned from doing Super Sentai and Kamen Rider but the more plain one is still going after you guys lost it for two years? I know it's none of my business and I'm not a lawyer, but it doesn't seem right to me.
There's still the possibility that Toei actually had nothing to do with it, if I'm guessing correctly
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
vasyear
7X
Quote: don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining

Post by vasyear »

hamn8rjr wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:05 am you know, it's been like two years since this happened. but I still wonder, why did they wait until two years ago? if the company was aware of what you were doing, then why suddenly crack down on it? true you guys weren't exactly legal, but it still doesn't make sense. considering how well known you are, it doesn't make sense to force it now. not to mention Over-Time is still fansubbing. so why is it the more colorful fansubbers are banned from doing Super Sentai and Kamen Rider but the more plain one is still going after you guys lost it for two years? I know it's none of my business and I'm not a lawyer, but it doesn't seem right to me.
It was NEVER Toei company, with TV-Nihon being so well known and the right holder for Super Sentai in the west (Saban/hasbro) using the Gokiger translations in their morphicon announcment trailer, couple the fact that ANY lawyer firm (espeicaly in Japan) would have sent a legal and served letter to the owners and perticapents in the fan subbing to cease and desist
It never was them, Toei (doesn't care about super sentai in the west) and neither does Saban/hasbro/ShoutFactory (beyond what they've released so far) it was and still is a gray area but i suspect that they view it like Paramount did/does star trek fan films "as long as you don't make money of it, then we'll turn a blind eye"
I remeber the email came from Toei company itself BUT part from Japan STILL using fax mechines and the rest of the world still serving notices on paper, it would have come from one of the top US law companies sub contracted by Toei's lawyers.

It also goes to prove the point since Over-Time still does it and nothing was done to them

Return to “Off Topic”