KR Geats 34 discussion thread (True path)

Gaim? What's a Gaim?

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 21, 2023 9:10 pm

★★★★★
60%
★★★★
30%
★★★
No votes
★★
10%
No votes

Total votes: 10
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 34 discussion thread (True path)

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.38 of 5 stars (13 votes)

Let's hope Geats 35 doesn't get leaked this week

Geats is just back and already doing cool action

Nice of that explosion to leave the vision driver intact

Is that Kekera picking up the driver?

wtf that's Ouja, Knight, and Ryuga. Oh this is movie footage isn't it?

Hm, what is Kekera up to? Hmm, wasn't expecting this outcome for Keiwa

We need more Tsumuri/Ace moments. She might not be his sister, but maybe she's his mother?

Keiwa is so lame with his lotto tickets

Does Sara's actress really resemble Keiwa? I don't see it

Oh Sara has one of those lame buckles. Been a while since we've seen them. What animal is Sara? A panther?

I feel like Neon would be stronger than Sparrow.

Ooh, Keiwa, Ace, and Neon have opposing goals. That's great

Edit:
I remember the spoiler I had to delete from last week. I had thought it would have made more sense to take Sara's mask and just make two and invert the colors (it's already a black and white mask...) give that to Ben and Jerry. Then give Sara the dog mask from last week

Random shit only I care about:
Last week the commercial breaks were perfect. 3238 frames each. This week, we get 3238 frames for one, and 3239 for another. It's amazing they can cut commercials together to be so accurate the timely, but be off by one frame
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: KR Geats 34 discussion thread (True path)

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 9:10 pmwtf that's Ouja, Knight, and Ryuga. Oh this is movie footage isn't it?
Yes, it came out on DVD last week. It's pretty good. The DGP gets taken over by someone who turns it into the Desire Royale.

Sara being a Rider is something we've been expecting for months, so it's no surprise here. Hope she isn't just knocked out right away and actually gets to stick around for a bit. And I hope we get her fighting with Oni Sister in some random movie some day.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

You guys have expected Sara to become a Rider for months? lol
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 8:48 am You guys have expected Sara to become a Rider for months? lol
Yes. Ever since she first got her memories back before Christmas, with the stuff about her parents being killed as a consequence of the DGP. It was pretty clear that was the set-up for her becoming a Rider. I'm surprised it took this long.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, I thought there was a leak or a magazine spoiler. I just assumed Sara would continue to be a background character, which I sorta suspect will remain the case
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 9:10 pm Does Sara's actress really resemble Keiwa? I don't see it
my guess is either a) they're just saying that because it's fiction, and they can pretend they do, or b) he overheard her mentioning Keiwa, and the "resemblance" he meant was "is chatting with Neon and isn't the brightest bulb"
Oh Sara has one of those lame buckles. Been a while since we've seen them. What animal is Sara? A panther?
apparently her Rider name is Hakubi, and according to tvtropes it comes from the Japanese name for the masked palm civet, hakubishin (白鼻心).
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

takenoko wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 9:10 pm Edit:
I remember the spoiler I had to delete from last week. I had thought it would have made more sense to take Sara's mask and just make two and invert the colors (it's already a black and white mask...) give that to Ben and Jerry. Then give Sara the dog mask from last week
Making two is likely the issue as they never have two of the same helmet at the same time (hence the same ones getting reworked over and over) and they might not want want to risk timing with the reworks so it was simpler to not show the two Riders at once and just have the two individual ones shown for however long they got.

Of course, they went even further with the concept since if they weren't showing them anyway, they could have Ben and John both use Beat Form (Upper Half) at the same time. Though that might just be in reference to Neon.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 11:21 am Oh, I thought there was a leak or a magazine spoiler. I just assumed Sara would continue to be a background character, which I sorta suspect will remain the case
meant to say earlier and forgot to: my expectation is that either a) she beefs it next episode as motivation to make Keiwa oppose Ace even harder because now the goal of bringing people back to life isn't just Keiwa's whole "I want world peace" thing but an actual personal reason, or b) she lasts at least a couple more episodes, never quite getting the hang of being a Rider and developing a new appreciation for Keiwa before ultimately beefing it anyway.

either way, I expect when she inevitably gets taken out of the game, it'll be what drives Keiwa to his super mode. because we're in that phase where everyone important is gonna start getting upgrades to keep them on par with the MC's mid-season super form (laser boost), i.e. Buffa getting a special Fever Zombie variant (still possible for him to get a new buckle later, but as he's "rival" character and not "tertiary rider" who's to say?), so Keiwa as Secondary Rider will get something, Neon will (hopefully) get something, and at least 1 villain (not counting Buffa) will get some kind of upgrade to justify Geats then getting his Final Form in like a month or two to carry them through the rest of the show and also tie into the movie, probably.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

actually, realized something a little bit ago: now that Sara is a Rider, the only named characters we've had on screen who weren't just rando civilians for one game or something that aren't a Rider at one point or another (that we know of) are: Ace's mom, Tsumuri, Samasu (Niramu's assistant lady), the new guy Sueru (yet. you just know he'll be a big bad enemy rider before the end), Archimedel, Neon's mom, and possibly Neon's dad (we know he got a wish to make Neon, but all we saw was him get the wish in exchange for becoming a sponsor. he might not've actually won a game to get the wish, which would explain why Neon being a wish result was a shock for the audience who would've otherwise seen her be made as the prize for one DGP years back).

given how big the cast has been over the course of this show, that's a really small number, proportionately.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lady riders being both bad at fighting, temporary, and soon to be dead? In my Toei show?

I can see them making Timefire a rider for the next Nago arc, like they have to fight each other for *reasons*. You don't hire TimeFire to just glare off screen. Well, maybe you do
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

takenoko wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:21 am Lady riders being both bad at fighting, temporary, and soon to be dead? In my Toei show?

I can see them making Timefire a rider for the next Nago arc, like they have to fight each other for *reasons*. You don't hire TimeFire to just glare off screen. Well, maybe you do
Considering Neon's been a Rider since episode 2 and hasn't gotten anything beyond Fever Beat while the other main Riders all used the Command form(s) at least once.

He is working with people from the future so there is that reason already at least.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

takenoko wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 8:48 am You guys have expected Sara to become a Rider for months? lol
I am also still expecting Samasu to have a bad ass rider form. Maybe Samasu is the masked big evil? Also, no way that Tsumuri won't Henshin.

Samasu - Red
Neon - Yellow
Lopo - Pink
Tsumuri - White
Sara - Green
Beroba - Purple

Kind of reminds me of another show ...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

How long till Kamen Rider <ugh> Tsumuri becomes a thing?

This is why you pay for writers
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

resop2 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:02 pm
I am also still expecting Samasu to have a bad ass rider form. Maybe Samasu is the masked big evil? Also, no way that Tsumuri won't Henshin.

Samasu - Red
Neon - Yellow
Lopo - Pink
Tsumuri - White
Sara - Green
Beroba - Purple

wait, why is Lopo pink and not blue?
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:32 pm
resop2 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:02 pm

Samasu - Red
Neon - Yellow
Lopo - Pink
Tsumuri - White
Sara - Green
Beroba - Purple

wait, why is Lopo pink and not blue?
Because there was a picture of the actresses in Kamen Rider Geats themed sweat shirts and Neon's was Yellow and Lopo's was pink.

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”