King-Ohger 10 discussion post

It's good to be the king
Forum rules

King-Ohger Wiki Link

< DonBros |Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger | ??? >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 21, 2023 7:49 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆☆
42%
☆☆☆
17%
☆☆
8%
No votes

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

King-Ohger 10 discussion post

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings: 2.85 out of 5 (13 votes)

Ouch, people really didn't like the last episode!

I like the icon of the ancient kings. It reminds me off FF sprites for some reason

OMG, look at the bad green screening around their hair at the 2:51 close up. Gira and Kogane's hair look so jaggy

Ishabaana castle looks good though

Oh, the kings are all okay. All the aides are in worse condition? Seriously?

Is this Ishabaana maid new? She really stands out

So... when is Racles's secret 2 coming out?

oh king kabuki, you're always the first one to suck up to Racles aren't you?

Man look at all this cgi shit moving around in the background like it's an Street Fighter stage

So Deznarak is a worm. But what bug is the triangle head guy again? I should probably look at his name and try to figure out the etymology... Oh he's a scissors turtle bug or a kamemushi. (I see on Japanese wiki that stink bug is associate with this bug type, but kamejiimu doesn't look like a stink bug to me)

WE'RE YELLING. SO YOU KNOW IT'S DRAMATIC

Gira is pushed off a cliff, but he's okay. And also all the other kings were in the same place? But why?

Wait, Gira has wings?

Hey, all the kings are fighting Deznarak. Good thing when he smartly fought them one on one and handily defeated them in the last episode he didn't finish them off. Right? Huh, Deznarak exploded

Oh, I forgot the Ishabaana castle was on a giant tree lol

The perspective shot of the different kings attaching to make King-Ohger is neat

Wait, Legendary King-Ohger doesn't even get a new head?

I thought the cocoons were going to explode? They just create giant bugs that they've beaten before? That was the world shattering threat?

WTF is Racles doing while all this is happening? Just sitting on his thumbs waiting to see if the other kings will suck up?

Wait is legendary's deal that he can teleport? That's... a weird power for good guys to have. Now he's growing bigger? Why didn't Racles defeat the one in his own kingdom?

Kinda liked this eps, since the team finally came together. Got the minimum sentainess needed for me
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: King-Ohger 10 discussion post

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 7:49 pm I thought the cocoons were going to explode? They just create giant bugs that they've beaten before? That was the world shattering threat?
iirc, the threat was "we've place giant cocoons at each kingdom. they will gather power and hatch into bugs who will destroy your country. if you try to remove them beforehand, they've got enough energy stored up to cause large explosions. it won't be as much destruction as the bugs themselves will do, but your countries will still suffer massive losses."
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Ohh, we got some deleted footage of the four king's fight against Deznarok from last spisode. Deznarok actually strike down Rita with the Ohgercaliber.

Other than some minor gripes like why everyone and everything went to the quarry for no reason and the actual end-of-the-world threat felt underwhelming, I quite enjoyed this episode. It checked off a lot of tropes I'm looking for in a sentai, like the heros defeated and their subsequent withdrawal, pep talks from the supporting characters, and finally rise to work together to defeat the big bad. The concepts were executed well and with good actions to boot.

So after they outright spilling it out here, I think I finally can grasp the underlying settings of the characters:
Yanma - As a computer geek, he just wanted to be left alone and do his own thing
Himeno - The PDST of losing her parents caused her to selfishly hoard things because of her fear of losing again
Kaguragi - Basically a kuroko without the attire, working in the shadows to stay on everyone's good side
Rita - Trying not to do or receive favors from anyone to maintain neutrality
Gira - I still don't know what his evil king deal is. So far this facade has hindered him more than anything. He can perfectly go against Racles without all these shenanigans

So as foretold by the legend, the five are going to work together only when necessary, at least for now.

On the other hand, Racles's plot is still at a stalemate and going absolutely nowhere. I hope they're not saving all his development for the spinoff series. He's been trying the same powerplay since the first episode and it's very clear that the other four are not buying his shit. Maybe change strategy or something?

About the mecha, Isn't Rita's cockpit in the sword? I remembered half the fight was missed out because Gira dropped the sword last time. Now that they ditched the sword did that cockpit moved to the head gear? On that topic, poor God Ant got dropped as well since it attached to the sword.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yaiba wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:28 am About the mecha, Isn't Rita's cockpit in the sword? I remembered half the fight was missed out because Gira dropped the sword last time. Now that they ditched the sword did that cockpit moved to the head gear? On that topic, poor God Ant got dropped as well since it attached to the sword.
Huh, did they change that? Pretty weird
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

it's probably one of two options:

1) Rita's in the cockpit for one of the legendary 3, since Himeno was in Scorpy's cockpit during Scorpy's debut gattai despite her normal Shugod still being part of the whole

2) iirc, they can also store the sword on their back, specifically on Tonbo's back, so probably just staying there?
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

At 19:41, if you look at the control units you can see a butterfly shape in gem. Rita is in God Papillon's cockpit.

And I just realized God Kuwagata's control unit is the only one that doesn't have a gem.
Lizardon
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Lizardon »

The sword is stored on the back of King-Ohger. You can see it swinging around in a lot of the shots.

Which raises a new question - is Rita upside down in her cockpit for the whole battle?
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Other than the usual "there's a big threat and now we've gotta act like a Sentai" parts, this episode was just decent for me. 4/5.

Maybe it's because I don't care about the supporting characters enough, but the kings getting the pep talk scenes weren't as nice as they could be... Except for Rita's one. I almost cried the first time I watched that scene.🥲🥺 Although, one can attribute that to the BGM... 🤷‍♀️ And yes, so far, Morphonya is the most likable to me among the rulers' aides/successors.

Edit: there's a plot hole with how Morphonya managed to get inside that room. Like, there were some locks that weren't even accessible from the outside. They could ONLY be opened from the inside. And yet Morphonya got in anyways. That makes no sense. :shock: :shock:
(Taken from King-Ohger episode 5)

Loved the out of suit fight scenes from the team, despite being about a minute long overall.
The mech fight was good. The voice actor pronouncing 'hopper' sounded almost like 'pepper' to me, so that was funny. Oh, and there was a new song in this episode. The song sounded nice.

And are we never gonna see any citizen of Gokkan? Like actual people with actual faces? It's been 10 episodes already!
takenoko wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 7:49 pm Oh, the kings are all okay. All the aides are in worse condition? Seriously?
Rita at least seems to have taken some considerable damage.
takenoko wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 7:49 pm So... when is Racles's secret 2 coming out?
The Toei Tokusatsu official YouTube channel's cover image says episode 2 comes out in June, 3/last episode in July. So there about a six-week-long gap between each episode.
takenoko wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 7:49 pm WE'RE YELLING. SO YOU KNOW IT'S DRAMATIC
LMAO. I can't tell whether you're talking about the civilians yelling or scene with Yanma and his aide in it. If it's the latter, then, to me, Yanma seems the type who yells a lot? Isn't that his thing? The whole Yankee attitude with a good amount of yelling? So of course he would be yelling in this scene, even on the verge of tears(?!).
takenoko wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 7:49 pm Wait is legendary's deal that he can teleport?
Oh yeah. I totally forgot about the teleport thing. But it's cool, though. It's good to have it as a power of the good guys this time.

Next time, the rumored 6th. He's supposed to be taking neither the kings' nor the Bugnarok's side. So I'm looking forward to seeing how they're gonna balance the team with the super neutral Jeremie and the neutral Rita.
Last edited by Thenosa Yechette on Tue May 09, 2023 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

Didn't quite understand what was all that stuff with each king reconcilling with their retainers and reflecting on their identity about (and black's idea to scheme while everyone distracted..?). There was no payoff or anything shown, unless there is some arcane way it led to everyone suddenly deciding to take a stroll down to that quarry.

Lizardon wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:23 am The sword is stored on the back of King-Ohger. You can see it swinging around in a lot of the shots.
I was confused too at first, since in the transformation you can see the tail detaching, as it's the same footage as with the regular King-Ogher.

...speaking of, why is the mecha called King-Ogher? I've just noticed it. Aren't the rangers called king-oghers? Does that mean that king-ohgers pilot king-ohger? What a king-oh-seption
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster

Mikadius wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:14 pm ...speaking of, why is the mecha called King-Ogher? I've just noticed it. Aren't the rangers called king-oghers? Does that mean that king-ohgers pilot king-ohger? What a king-oh-seption
Because that's the thing with this season. They wanted to stand out by being the Sentai that named their Mecha the same thing as their team. There could be a more detailed, better explanation to this, but part of the reasons is definitely to stand out from the rest.

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 7:00 am And are we never gonna see any citizen of Gokkan? Like actual people with actual faces? It's been 10 episodes already!
I thought Gokkan's thing is supposed to be that it's only a prison, so no (or very few) people actually live in the kingdom
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster

msf232 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 12:51 pm
Thenosa Yechette wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 7:00 am And are we never gonna see any citizen of Gokkan? Like actual people with actual faces? It's been 10 episodes already!
I thought Gokkan's thing is supposed to be that it's only a prison, so no (or very few) people actually live in the kingdom
It is mostly a prison. But Morphonya said in episode 5 that the citizens of that country are all criminals(in which case they're currently in prison) or former criminals. So there have to be people living there who aren't currently in prison. We saw a brief scene of some citizens of Gokkan in episode 5, but they weren't proper characters and we didn't see their faces.

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

/me raises his hand

Does anyone else see a problem of having a country of only criminals and former criminals?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

takenoko wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:44 pm /me raises his hand

Does anyone else see a problem of having a country of only criminals and former criminals?
I dunno, Australia seems to be doing pretty well lately
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster

takenoko wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:44 pm /me raises his hand

In this particular case, if the country can be managed properly, I don't think there's that big of a problem. Gokkan is assigned as the court and prison of the world. Even if the people don't do anything else to contribute to the planet, it seems to be just fine. But in that case, most of the legal jobs for the citizens of Gokkan are probably political or related to the courts/prisons. All of this is just my assumption, so that's all the more reason why I want to see what's actually going on in there.

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice