KR Geats 34 discussion thread (True path)

Gaim? What's a Gaim?

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 21, 2023 9:10 pm

★★★★★
60%
★★★★
30%
★★★
No votes
★★
10%
No votes

Total votes: 10
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Geats 34 discussion thread (True path)

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

oh, ok
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Also in Super Sentai, Yellow and Pink are the most common colors for female Sentai and yellow is often used for Sentai who are kind of moe and pink is often used for Sentai who are in charge. Of course there are exceptions, but to me Neon is kind of a yellow Sentai and Lopo is kind of a pink Sentai.

As for Beroba and Tsumuri, Beroba's suit is purple and Tsumuri wears white and black clothes.

Of course, none of these characters are Super Sentai so this is all silly talk.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:28 pm How long till Kamen Rider <ugh> Tsumuri becomes a thing?

This is why you pay for writers
As long as she's named something more interesting than Kamen Rider Tsumuri, I'm fine with that. Call her Kamen Rider Navigator.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

HowlingSnail wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:01 am
takenoko wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:28 pm How long till Kamen Rider <ugh> Tsumuri becomes a thing?

This is why you pay for writers
As long as she's named something more interesting than Kamen Rider Tsumuri, I'm fine with that. Call her Kamen Rider Navigator.
oooh! make her mask an alligator and call her Kamen Rider Navi.

Navi Gator
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That's so clever that it'll never happen. Toei only allows the most groan worthy puns
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

Honestly, other riders are overdue for new forms (subjectively speaking). Doesn't have to be super, but just to add some variety - it feels like an eternity someone other than Geats got one (and I'm not counting Buffa since it's basically just a fever/zombie+zombie). At least early in the show Geats only got dibs on the first use (eg commander, monster) and others were free to have them after
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

(Late, but)
This could’ve been so good.

The good:
-The DGP is now Ryuki; I called something like this back in episode 4, but giving everyone time to bond before turning enemies helps change the context from a typical rider war
-Ace using his speed power quickly enough to get out instead of exhausting himself

The less good:
-Getting Keiwa’s sister into the fight to get Keiwa to act… maybe could’ve been well done? But Neon should have owlguy beaten by experience alone, and music is pretty powerful if one doesn’t just use the guitar as a club. At least Keiwa’s save-the-girls moment didn’t go much better, but again, being smart doesn’t equal fighting experience, and owlguy isn’t doing anything particularly clever with his fighting.
-Ace (or Keiwa/Neon, depending on one’s view) becoming antagonists of a sort: I really like what this could have been, but as it was, it comes across as a lack of communication. Keiwa blames the goddess of creation, and Ace doesn’t say anything about the goddess not approving. They can still disagree and eventually become enemies, but not sharing information weakens the impact.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Mxylv wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 4:29 am The less good:
-Getting Keiwa’s sister into the fight to get Keiwa to act… maybe could’ve been well done? But Neon should have owlguy beaten by experience alone, and music is pretty powerful if one doesn’t just use the guitar as a club. At least Keiwa’s save-the-girls moment didn’t go much better, but again, being smart doesn’t equal fighting experience, and owlguy isn’t doing anything particularly clever with his fighting.
being fair to Neon, it IS an axe, and I imagine a bladed weapon makes a decent dent in the difference in their combat abilities.

as for experience, we don't know how many previous DGPs he was in before the Dezastar arc, just that he was a finalist in at least 1, so they're probably roughly on par?

and it's less that he's being clever with his fighting and more he's smart enough to know how to read his opponents, and Monster would afford some pretty solid attack power. being clever helps when you have limited strength and need to apply it more effectively sure, but Sparrow seems more like all he needs is to use his brains to directly apply a LOT of strength to hitting spots that hurt more, getting more damage for less effort.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Mikadius wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:20 am Honestly, other riders are overdue for new forms (subjectively speaking). Doesn't have to be super, but just to add some variety - it feels like an eternity someone other than Geats got one (and I'm not counting Buffa since it's basically just a fever/zombie+zombie). At least early in the show Geats only got dibs on the first use (eg commander, monster) and others were free to have them after
Toei's never been good at showing off different forms. Like, wth Gaim, we barely got any form changing. The most interesting stuff we got was in the Hyper Battle Video! I remember being really impressed when Kyoryuger gave us Spino Dai-Oh Western, but in general, we basically never see form/parts swapping to anywhere near the extent the toys offer. Geats' early episodes were actually really good about it. I can only assume that this late in the show they don't consider it worth the money/effort.

Makes me wonder how the suits are set-up. Like, I'm guessing most of the parts are designed so they can just swap them between Riders?
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

HowlingSnail wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:13 am Makes me wonder how the suits are set-up. Like, I'm guessing most of the parts are designed so they can just swap them between Riders?
presumably, they have one piece of each type (top or bottom) and swap as needed? even in the episode where everyone first got Fever buckles and were all gacha-ing for their fever forms, no two people had the same top at the same time iirc, since armed buckles are functionally different because of color and all. the few (or possibly only? I'd have to double check) times two people used the Command Twin forms simultaneously, Ace and Keiwa were in opposite configurations, never both in canon or jet at the same time.

I've also heard that they apparently only have one helmet of each style and just rework/recolor them as needed, which is why despite having had 3 different bird riders and 3 different bear riders, we've never had more than one of either at a time, Sara's helmet is apparently based on the sheep one, despite not being sheep-like at all, and the dog dude from a few weeks back is apparently edited from Lopo's helmet.

supposedly that's why Ben and John a) didn't ACTUALLY transform that we could see (no helmets for their style of head, and not bothering to make new ones) and b) both got to have a Beat form, since, as they didn't have on screen forms, they didn't need to use two Beat upper halves while only having 1.
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

Mxylv wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 4:29 am But Neon should have owlguy beaten by experience alone, and music is pretty powerful if one doesn’t just use the guitar as a club.
Not sure how much more experience she has since he was a finalist before the series, but it definitely should show for a bit even if he does get the upper hand.

It's called Beat Axe, but I can't say if that pun was intentional or not.
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:49 am
HowlingSnail wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:13 am Makes me wonder how the suits are set-up. Like, I'm guessing most of the parts are designed so they can just swap them between Riders?
presumably, they have one piece of each type (top or bottom) and swap as needed? even in the episode where everyone first got Fever buckles and were all gacha-ing for their fever forms, no two people had the same top at the same time iirc, since armed buckles are functionally different because of color and all. the few (or possibly only? I'd have to double check) times two people used the Command Twin forms simultaneously, Ace and Keiwa were in opposite configurations, never both in canon or jet at the same time.

I've also heard that they apparently only have one helmet of each style and just rework/recolor them as needed, which is why despite having had 3 different bird riders and 3 different bear riders, we've never had more than one of either at a time, Sara's helmet is apparently based on the sheep one, despite not being sheep-like at all, and the dog dude from a few weeks back is apparently edited from Lopo's helmet.

supposedly that's why Ben and John a) didn't ACTUALLY transform that we could see (no helmets for their style of head, and not bothering to make new ones) and b) both got to have a Beat form, since, as they didn't have on screen forms, they didn't need to use two Beat upper halves while only having 1.
Also, Lopo using Boost via Feverslot with Ace using the actual Boost Buckle and Revolved right after she did (in a rare Feverslot on the lower half moment).

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”