King-Ohger 11 discussion post

It's good to be the king
Forum rules

King-Ohger Wiki Link

< DonBros |Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger | ??? >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 28, 2023 8:58 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
23%
☆☆☆☆
31%
☆☆☆
31%
☆☆
No votes
15%

Total votes: 13
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: King-Ohger 11 discussion post

Post by takenoko »

Ooh, that's a good point. Man, this series really is discordant in terms of team dynamics
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Was the "No spoilers!" comment by Rita a reference to the leak of Geats 34?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Almost certainly not, since this was probably filmed like two months ago
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I got a chuckle out of that scene for precisely that reason. But yeah, it was definitely just coincidental.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

ViRGE wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:24 pm
takenoko wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:09 pm Actually the case, or just my imagination?
If it's your imagination, then we're all having similar delusions.

Though in the case of King-Ohger, I'm not sure how much I'd call R/B/Y a core trio quite yet. They don't actually do a whole lot together with Gira. Whereas DonBros was far more explicit about having the three of them working together (once yellow wised up).

It's a very Kamen Rider-style of writing (particularly Ryuki). But it's so heavily at odds with some of the core themes of Super Sentai.
We can see in simple reason: the main writer is new and young, this is first time he is in charge of whole-long-series like Super Sentai. So he can't manage how to work with many characters, along with plot. But since he is young and new, he wants to create a superior plot and superior cast, in pressure to surpass the last season.
So the result is what going on with King-Ohger now.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:26 pm Almost certainly not, since this was probably filmed like two months ago
Yeah, it's like 2-3 months. Remember when they shut down for COVID, it took until late May for them to run out of episodes. Plus I think Sentais used to start filming in early December back when they had a February start.

Amu's actress mentioned in an interview recently that filming began like 2 weeks after she got the part, so it was really sudden and hectic: https://wpb.shueisha.co.jp/news/enterta ... =SocialDog
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

Don't mind me. just here to give this 1 and keep it moving.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Aeikozz wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:14 pm Don't mind me. just here to give this 1 and keep it moving.
One feels pretty extreme. Surely you want to say why you're giving it a one?
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I haven't been rating this since I am only watching as if it was a train wreck.

My knowledge if Super Sentai is really poor, but I seem to remember there was a season where the Sentai were little kids who could change into adult sized Sentai. This season make me think of this because while Racles is trying to be all about Game of Thrones intrigue, the others act like fifth graders.

Racles: So, what about my plan for world domination?
Yanma: Shuddup, racoon for brains! I am playing this online game.
Rita: Could you keep it down Racles? My favorite anime is on.
Himeno: Could you repeat that? This pastry was so delicious I was distracted.
Kaguragi: Racles, that was the most wonderful plan for world domination ever! Uh, what was it again?
Gira: Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

I mean, it is perfectly fine to skip the show if you aren't enjoying it. Life is short, spend time on things that you'll enjoy. I skipped Zenkaiger because it's just way too over-the-top for me.

This show so far is around the mid-range for me. I like the trope-y nature, but it has some settings I don't agree with. The pacing is a hit and miss, but it rocks when it hits. Gira and Yanma annoys me, but I like all the other characters. Rita, Sebas and Deznarok are especially awesome.
TrissieQ
Adventure
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Giam
Dreamy: Hant
Favorite Actor?: Himitsu
Favorite Band: BAND-MAID
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: BL
Quote: There are 375 new laws against me since I joined the forum! Are any of you that blessed with conservative hate?

Post by TrissieQ »

Most of you are a generation younger than me, the way the writer of this series is nearly a generation younger than most of you. I hear the alienation in your comments the way I often feel. The 29 nine year old writer either has a kid in the age range of a super sentai's youngest viewers, or knows someone that does. Poop jokes and grade school will always always always go together. The fact that he made a important point with it is amazing. I am showing extreme restraint by not making a poop-themed pun right now.
Some of you my not of liked it, but the first half with the joke deaths, etc, are good red meat to an actor. I gave it a five because of that.
The super-brief shot of the individual combat vehicles post loosing the fight was amazing, TOEI never has convincing battle damage on its mecha, until now. Really good illustration on the CG.

Return to “Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger”