My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 35 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.44 of 5 stars (9 votes)

Ooh, Keiwa and his sister are keeping secrets from each other

Ace being extra

Heh Sara being in the opening now. Huh, so is it split into players that want the DGP to continue and players who don't (Ace and Buffa are together for once)

Keiwa using his brain for once

Oomorizaka

Guess that's what the rooms in DGP look like

That river sure looks like where episode 2 happened

Buffa just straight up cheats lol

As brutal as that was, Sparrow still lives?

Oh hey Punk Jack is alive again. Takahashi really has to stop adding ressurection to his stories, it really makes death kind of arbitrary and weird because of it

So I'm predicting that Sara will betray Neon and Keiwa will be forced to fight his sister for maximum drama
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Geats 35 discussion thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

this is setting itself up for a "we could've avoided ALL of this nonsense if either or both of you had just been honest for 5 seconds, but now shits fucked forever" plot re: Keiwa and Sara.

if Keiwa and Sara end up being responsible for some serious nonsense, I'm referring to this arc as SSSS.Riderman, where SSSS stands for Super Sakurai Siblings' Shitshow

also, naturally Sparrow had to get knocked out here. if Punkjack is back, can't have two people using Monster.

also also, I just realized how Buffa loses.

Archimedel kicks his ass.

Buffa has "the power to defeat all Kamen Riders", which makes him immune to everyone, even Ace and the Vision Driver users despite their OP abilities. he just no-sells everything.

but Archimedel's not a Kamen Rider.

"No man of woman born shal-" "I AM NO MAN!"
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Ooh, I bet you're right. That sounds spot on
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

I think I get what Buffa is going for, he's following Gundam 00's philosophy: Fight war with war, keep destroying weapons until no one wants to produce any more.
Buffa's end goal is probably to keep destroying the ID cores until eventually it'd be unfeasibly for the DGP to produce more, which would take an absurdly long time.

Daichi is such a weak villain character. For a self-proclaim genius none of his plan worked so far.
He came back for JDP where he did exactly nothing in the arc. He just stood in the background, and that whole arc would play out exactly the same without him.
Then he came back for Royale, only to be taken out almost immediately because Punk Jack is back and presumably needs the Monster Buckle.
Now Archimedel had his cracked ID core, he'd probably be revived as a Jamato clone, which I presume will get royally wracked by Keiwa soon since they kind of setup a (weak) rivalry here?

Kekera is going to push Keiwa over the edge, and Keiwa is either going to see the light or fall to the dark side.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Daichi is such a weak villain character. For a self-proclaim genius none of his plan worked so far.

No, he's great because he's such a terrible schemer that everyone knows he's a backstabber and rightfully hates his ponytailed ass. The schadefreude of seeing him eat shit because he doesn't take into account that Buffa hates his sort of player most of all is perfect

>Then he came back for Royale, only to be taken out almost immediately because Punk Jack is back and presumably needs the Monster Buckle.

That's probably the case lol
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

In contrast to King-Ohger, I may have no idea where Geats is going, but at least I know how it got here!

Despite this technically being a Battle Royale, I like that it's not just all riders. The Jamato are out there, and it gives the characters (and the stunties) something to do that at least matters to a small degree, since you can't be wiping out a major Rider every 5 minutes.

Seeing Ace and Buffa working together after everything they've been through is kind of strange. Entertaining, but strange.

Daichi, my man. You had a genuinely decent plan at hand. Collect all the cores, get the invulnerable Buffa booted. Just stick to the plan and play the long game, and you would win. But no, you had to be greedy and try to get everyone eliminated in short order.

It resulted in a fitting end, at least. He ended up being the kind of person that Buffa hates the most, rightfully earning him his top spot in Buffa's shit list. Though forget cutting the Sparrow's tongue; cut his hair! :lol:

Unfortunately, that's one of the only two superfluous Riders down. The main characters (Geats, Tycoon, Buffa, and Nago) are not going anywhere at only 35 episodes in. So after Keiwa's sister gets eventually bumped, they're going to have to move on to something else.

Meanwhile, this episode had some neat action sequences. Ace jumping off of the roof was completely unnecessary, but it looked cool. The Buffa/Sparrow fight was also a cut above; they managed to work in a bit of wire-work there and they used it well. I also really liked the split camera trick when the two transformed; truthfully, I'm still not sure how they managed to split and re-combine the cameras like that. The only visible cut was when the suit actors swapped in. :shock:

Finally, that Keiwa camo was surprisingly effective. I did not notice him in the background at all; I only finally noticed him once he started moving. :lol:
takenoko wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:24 pm That river sure looks like where episode 2 happened
I swear we've had several episodes at that river location now. Toei really seems to like it as of late.
It's consistent with the rules of the game, and Buffa's actions. He hasn't been trying to kill anyone since gaining his upgrade; he only wants to take away their ability to be Kamen Riders.
Oh hey Punk Jack is alive again. Takahashi really has to stop adding ressurection to his stories, it really makes death kind of arbitrary and weird because of it
Sadly, I must agree. I figured the Director wasn't down for the count. But that's almost a hand-waive level resurrection. Why does the DGP boss have the ability to do something that would seemingly require a miracle? (Also, why is Punkjack back 20 episodes later?)
Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:00 pm also also, I just realized how Buffa loses.

Archimedel kicks his ass.

Buffa has "the power to defeat all Kamen Riders", which makes him immune to everyone, even Ace and the Vision Driver users despite their OP abilities. he just no-sells everything.

but Archimedel's not a Kamen Rider.

"No man of woman born shal-" "I AM NO MAN!"
It's not even foreshadowing, really. Having Jamato-Archimedel barge in at the last moment to pick up the ID core is pretty much hitting the audience over the head that he exists and that Buffa has no power over him. Archimedel is very much the wild card in all of this; he's not going to win, but it'll be interesting to see what he does before he falls and brings an end to the Jamato's story.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Daichi, my man. You had a genuinely decent plan at hand. Collect all the cores, get the invulnerable Buffa booted. Just stick to the plan and play the long game, and you would win. But no, you had to be greedy and try to get everyone eliminated in short order.

Oh, that's actually pretty funny realizing that the plan was sound. Also, with Ace and Buffa teaming up, even more reason to use a smart tactic to take out a more formidable opponent early. It feels very much a scorpion and a toad situation for him to betray the girls just because he can

>Unfortunately, that's one of the only two superfluous Riders down. The main characters (Geats, Tycoon, Buffa, and Nago) are not going anywhere at only 35 episodes in. So after Keiwa's sister gets eventually bumped, they're going to have to move on to something else.

I'd kind of like to see Keiwa's sister make it to the end of this one. I think it'll make for better drama, but we'll see

>I also really liked the split camera trick when the two transformed; truthfully, I'm still not sure how they managed to split and re-combine the cameras like that. The only visible cut was when the suit actors swapped in. :shock:

Oh, I think I made a minor note of that when watching, but yeah, that is an interesting camera trick. How they do it?
It's consistent with the rules of the game, and Buffa's actions. He hasn't been trying to kill anyone since gaining his upgrade; he only wants to take away their ability to be Kamen Riders.

Yeah, but the guy gets slashed by a chainsaw, kicked in the air to be dropped into a chainsaw slash that should have bisected him, and on top of that he gets the claw. The guy should be mincemeat XD

>(Also, why is Punkjack back 20 episodes later?)

(His special airs next week)
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

This was a nice comparative breather after everything in the last episode. Some significant things still happened, like Nudge-Sparrow being retired and Sara surviving her first wild buffalo encounter, but a lot of this was more the characters hanging out. Sara and Neon feel a bit more authentic as friends than they did in the last episode (also, we've now passed the Bechdel test between riders for a second time in one show), and Michinaga gets to hang out with someone who wouldn't enjoy the suffering of pretty much anyone else. Buffa's been on the overt-villain side of Kamen Riders' edgy secondaries for a good while (even if he's technically tertiary at best, he still fits the secondary rider archetype), so he needed a more laid-back moment with a non-sadist, and I'm all for mutually reluctant alliances.

Speaking of Buffa, I also like his invincible dynamic; there's usually an arc where a villain keeps beating up the heroes until they get something stronger, but overtly having power over *literally* any rider adds a level of panic to the fights and makes him a bit of a horror movie monster, if at times a comically dense one: at the end of the day, all you can do is make him fall down, and run. Sometimes, "revenge makes you a monster" is literal.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Mxylv wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:11 am Speaking of Buffa, I also like his invincible dynamic; there's usually an arc where a villain keeps beating up the heroes until they get something stronger, but overtly having power over *literally* any rider adds a level of panic to the fights and makes him a bit of a horror movie monster, if at times a comically dense one: at the end of the day, all you can do is make him fall down, and run. Sometimes, "revenge makes you a monster" is literal.
oh, that's excellent, actually. revenge didn't just make him a monster. it made him a monster movie. he's not just a zombie, he's Jason Vorhees (implacable foe you can't seem to kill, only run from, who's "dead") crossed with Leatherface (chainsaw)
DreadBringer
Gao
Quote: I am gonna clear this with even with Continues

Post by DreadBringer »

Mxylv wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:11 am and Michinaga gets to hang out with someone who wouldn't enjoy the suffering of pretty much anyone else. Buffa's been on the overt-villain side of Kamen Riders' edgy secondaries for a good while (even if he's technically tertiary at best, he still fits the secondary rider archetype), so he needed a more laid-back moment with a non-sadist, and I'm all for mutually reluctant alliances.
Michinaga's the fourth, the tertiry is Neon. And true he's the most similar to many secondaries, but character roles isn't determined by their personality. Michinaga doesn't enjoy the sufferings, but he's still callous to not caring a bit about how his actions can affect others, prominently Heaven and Hell.
snowking666
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Geat
Dreamy: Izu
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru
Favorite Band: official 髭男dism
Quote: "If you have the motivation, I don't think anything in this world is imposibble. First, you have to start moving. If you move, something will start."

Post by snowking666 »

DreadBringer wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:42 am
Mxylv wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:11 am and Michinaga gets to hang out with someone who wouldn't enjoy the suffering of pretty much anyone else. Buffa's been on the overt-villain side of Kamen Riders' edgy secondaries for a good while (even if he's technically tertiary at best, he still fits the secondary rider archetype), so he needed a more laid-back moment with a non-sadist, and I'm all for mutually reluctant alliances.
Michinaga's the fourth, the tertiry is Neon. And true he's the most similar to many secondaries, but character roles isn't determined by their personality. Michinaga doesn't enjoy the sufferings, but he's still callous to not caring a bit about how his actions can affect others, prominently Heaven and Hell.
It's like Blade. Ace = Kazuma, Keiwa = Sakuya , Neon = Mutsuki, Michinaga = Hajime.
TrissieQ
Adventure
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Giam
Dreamy: Hant
Favorite Actor?: Himitsu
Favorite Band: BAND-MAID
My boom: BL
Quote: There are 375 new laws against me since I joined the forum! Are any of you that blessed with conservative hate?

Post by TrissieQ »

"So I'm predicting that Sara will betray Neon and Keiwa will be forced to fight his sister for maximum drama" - Takenoko

God, I Hope not. My own sister is suing me, and it really sucks. This kind of drama is really the worst. Don't go down this road! I wish TOEI actually read this stuff... I know it's a bit off topic, but that's why I never really liked the sibling stuff in so many TOEI shows since the 70s. I found out from a doctor I was physically abused from the first week of my life, like so many people and this opens up deep traumas to watch it. Keiwa will just be a tool, and all the sympathy will be for one of the two women, But it's the Keiwa character that will be miserably conflicted, but social norms will show no pity to him, and just because he's a him & not a her.
That aside, I like how this show is developing...
DreadBringer
Gao
Quote: I am gonna clear this with even with Continues

Post by DreadBringer »

snowking666 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:43 am
It's like Blade. Ace = Kazuma, Keiwa = Sakuya , Neon = Mutsuki, Michinaga = Hajime.
I mean just because Michinaga feels similar to Hajime in watching him doesn't mean that his role is the same one.

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”