My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 36 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.4 of 5 stars (10 votes)

Five Riders left? Time to form a Sentai!

Is this only the second time we've heard his name?

I know this is a heavy moment, but it's so funny to see Keiwa hiding behind the couch like that. The couches are too short, you can see him crawling as she walks away

Oh thank god, let Keiwa and Neon talk more

I don't understand why they don't just put a giant screen behind the couch to do the weird interdimensional effects instead of this bad green screening

Man, how tall is TimeFire?

I keep arguing that Buffa is smarter than he appears, but then he draws his targets the way a child would badly draw animals. I guess the upper left is a fox because of its tail, Keiwa is the tanuki, and the cat is in the upper right, but I would have understood if people thought the first one was a cat...

Having Sara be Neon's fan from the beginning is a canny choice

Keiwa is the worst ninja

Love Ace and Buffa standing back to back

LOL Neon

How does Ace know Archimedel's name?

Did they fly a drone upside down for that shot?

Why did Ace even use the red fox mode if he's not going to do the super speed thing?

I was very confused by Geats kicking Buffa, but I guess he used it to springboard into a kick on Archimedel?

That was a fun episode. I'm left feeling a bit unsure about the stakes. On one hand we have the Grand End countdown timer, along with the bad guys targetting Sara along with their own machinations. Meanwhile, the good guys are still just beating down the bad guys like they're monstersr of the week. I don't feel a big emotional loss of losing Archimedel as a character

It's this late 30s gap in Rider where they faff around to kill time before the next big story beat hits, y'know? It takes on the appearance of major things happening, but it also doesn't feel like it really. But as far as one of these goes, I think Geats is handling it better than other shows. It's not Build's endless war, Revice's neverending battle with Giff, or Zero-One's job competition filler levels of bad at least. At least we have a lot of good character moments and that's what these shows live and die off of

Edit:
Going over this episode, I can't help but admire how profound the Riders situations are with each other. Neon may have started this series wanting true love, but Keiwa saying that they're friends might be the first time she's ever had a friend. It's an easy to overlook small moment that is really meaningful to Neon's character

Also, can we talk about what a crazy revelation it is that Buffa has been trying to save the Riders from the DGP fate all this time? Maybe other people thought it, or even suspected it, but I didn't even have such a notion till they said it in this episode. But it makes sense, salvation through death. If Buffa beats you, you're knocked out of the game, but at least you're not dead dead. Also, how true is this based on previous episodes, because I'm pretty sure Tooru was killed by Riders, not a Jamato. No wait, the Riders steal his buckles, leaving him defenseless against the Jamato attack. Huh...
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: KR Geats 36 discussion thread

Post by Gokider »

takenoko wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:52 pm Five Riders left? Time to form a Sentai!
Not the first time though and the Fever Forms moment from episode 12 definitely had strong Sentai vibes even if only 3 of them were really getting along.
Last edited by Gokider on Mon May 22, 2023 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snowking666
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Geat
Dreamy: Izu
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru
Favorite Band: official 髭男dism
Quote: "If you have the motivation, I don't think anything in this world is imposibble. First, you have to start moving. If you move, something will start."
Type: INFP Healer

Post by snowking666 »

takenoko wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:52 pm
How does Ace know Archimedel's name?

Buffa mentions It in the beginning of episode 32.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Geats and Buffa henshin and fight on a same goal was epic. And I like that Geats used Buffa's invincibility strategically.

The gap in the music during the fight implied that Geats was planning something. He just learnt of the Grand End from Punkjack, so what did he have in mind when he befriended Buffa and convinced him to war against the staff?

Like the other future people, Nirum is also just out here looking for happiness, which he found in the form of food. Ziin wants a touching moment, Kyuun wants love, Baraba wants suffering, what does Kekero wants?

And speaking of Baraba, she really had a strange fixation with the sparrow.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Yaiba wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 5:39 am And speaking of Baraba, she really had a strange fixation with the sparrow.
probably the same fixation she'd had with Buffa before that. she likes watching people suffer, and who suffers more than losers?

she explicitly said she was supporting Buffa because a) he kept losing so he was suffering, and b) his goal would lead to other people suffering and losing, so win-win for her, but the second he wins and isn't a loser anymore she's done with him.

now that he's won, is basically invincible, and is going around making people lose in the way with the least suffering, she's got way more reason to be into Sparrow who not only keeps losing, but also keeps trying to cause problems for others AND causes more problems for himself because of it.
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

Yaiba wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 5:39 am Geats and Buffa henshin and fight on a same goal was epic. And I like that Geats used Buffa's invincibility strategically.

The gap in the music during the fight implied that Geats was planning something. He just learnt of the Grand End from Punkjack, so what did he have in mind when he befriended Buffa and convinced him to war against the staff?

Like the other future people, Nirum is also just out here looking for happiness, which he found in the form of food. Ziin wants a touching moment, Kyuun wants love, Baraba wants suffering, what does Kekero wants?

And speaking of Baraba, she really had a strange fixation with the sparrow.
Chirami wanted entertainment and strove to make the show more dramatic and the like to increase that.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

takenoko wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:52 pm
Five Riders left? Time to form a Sentai!
I don't know a lot about Sentai. Have there been many brother/sister combinations in Super Sentai?

As for the color scheme: Geats would either be traditional red or go the Zenkaiser way and be White with red trim. Neon is Yellow and Buffa is Blue by personality. As for the siblings, Keiwa is a bumbling Green but I don't quite know what to do for Sara. She's not quite together enough to be a Pink. Maybe a White?

Game-Show Sentai Desiregers?

There would be enough episodes left for the Desiregers to have more complete team roll calls than Donbrothers.

They would need to have an episode with an ending where they do a Sentai dance. Or, do one as a tiktok video.

I wonder what Beroba has in mind with that cracked core id? I am not swift enough to recognize which one it is.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

resop2 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:53 pm I don't know a lot about Sentai. Have there been many brother/sister combinations in Super Sentai?
Yes, loads. The Fivemen, Magirangers and GoGoV are all siblings. Akaninger and Shironinger are siblings, with the other 3 being their cousins. The Go-On Wings are siblings. Tyrannoranger and Dragonranger are brothers. The Gouraigers are brothers. Geki Blue and Violet are brothers. Gosei Yellow and Black are siblings. 22nd century Kyoryu Cyan/Pink and Navy/Red are siblings.

Special mention to Power Rangers for having a cross-series one, with In Space Red and the 2nd Lost Galaxy Pink being brother and sister.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

HowlingSnail wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:44 am
resop2 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:53 pm I don't know a lot about Sentai. Have there been many brother/sister combinations in Super Sentai?
Yes, loads. The Fivemen, Magirangers and GoGoV are all siblings. Akaninger and Shironinger are siblings, with the other 3 being their cousins. The Go-On Wings are siblings. Tyrannoranger and Dragonranger are brothers. The Gouraigers are brothers. Geki Blue and Violet are brothers. Gosei Yellow and Black are siblings. 22nd century Kyoryu Cyan/Pink and Navy/Red are siblings.

Special mention to Power Rangers for having a cross-series one, with In Space Red and the 2nd Lost Galaxy Pink being brother and sister.
Ryusoul Green and Black are brothers though Power Rangers made Green their first female Green Ranger so they're stepbrother and sister, which is ironic considering their continuing into a semi KyuRanger adaptation.

Power Rangers did also have other siblings on their teams that Super Sentai did not or were at least altered (e.g. Samurai Red Ranger siblings, Ninja Steel Red and Gold brothers, and Beast Morphers Gold and Silver brothers).
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by resop2 »

I guess Flint and Zox Goldtsuiker also count even though Flint had to wait until the movies (and the G-Rosso theater) to henshin (unless the body swapped henshin counts).

If the cast decides to do a sentai dance for a humorous Tiktok video, which season should the use? Since they are animal themed, maybe Jyuohger's?
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

resop2 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:06 am If the cast decides to do a sentai dance for a humorous Tiktok video, which season should the use? Since they are animal themed, maybe Jyuohger's?
The animal theme is just for appearance (unless Boost is involved) and with the way the armor is added, Go-Busters seems more similar.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by resop2 »

I am sure a case could be made for most of the Sentai endings (and the KR Saber ending dance), but I think that Jyuohger's ending has one advantage: you can swap lyrics seamlessly because the show swapped lyrics frequently. You could then do a pseudo roll call:

"Let's let's dance, crafty kitsune, the proud and haughty buffalo, Let's let's dance, resourceful tanaki, the kawaii neko-chan, Let's let's dance, night owl hakubi, as long as we're together, be like the desire-gers and dan-dan-dan-dance."
TrissieQ
Adventure
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Giam
Dreamy: Hant
Favorite Actor?: Himitsu
Favorite Band: BAND-MAID
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: BL
Quote: There are 375 new laws against me since I joined the forum! Are any of you that blessed with conservative hate?

Post by TrissieQ »

Geats' "Dinner with Buffa" killed me! This is a seasons' worth of happy resolutions! It might be Giam sense a KR episode released so much natural dopamine in my blood! This was a 6 for me!
DeMatgic
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Quote: Busters, ready... GO!

Post by DeMatgic »

I've finally caught up with Geats after a break of sorts, and it's been a great ride so far. Honestly, I'm kinda surprised that it's still pretty solid even going into the 30s. Third time's the charm for Takahashi, I suppose.

Kekera is an interesting character that's hard to get a read on, as surprisingly he's the one sponsor we don't 100% know the true goal of. I mean, he wants Keiwa to win the DGP, of course, but he's doing some underhanded tactics in order to achieve that. Is it really to make Keiwa the top, true Kamen Rider, or does the frog have something more sinister going on...
takenoko wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:52 pm Why did Ace even use the red fox mode if he's not going to do the super speed thing?
Ace isn't able to handle the strain of the super speed, it even shows here where he stumbles long enough for Archimedel to slam him into Michinaga. I feel I have to give Takahashi more props for this, as the last few times a rider had an upgrade that harmed them using it, they just brushed it off after the mini arc it's introduced in (Geiz Revive, Assault Wolf, Rex Volcano (though that explanation was at least plot relevant)). But here it's been 10 episodes since Boost Mk. II's introduction and Ace still has trouble with the super speed, even if he's slowly getting better at his recovery.
Also, can we talk about what a crazy revelation it is that Buffa has been trying to save the Riders from the DGP fate all this time? Maybe other people thought it, or even suspected it, but I didn't even have such a notion till they said it in this episode. But it makes sense, salvation through death. If Buffa beats you, you're knocked out of the game, but at least you're not dead dead. Also, how true is this based on previous episodes, because I'm pretty sure Tooru was killed by Riders, not a Jamato. No wait, the Riders steal his buckles, leaving him defenseless against the Jamato attack. Huh...
I couldn't say about how true this is, but it makes sense if you look back. If he truly wanted to destroy Riders for revenge, Michinaga wouldn't be helping or even teaming up with Ace, Keiwa, and Neon whenever a huge threat arises (save for Ep15 but that's kind of his ego going after Ace got eliminated), nor would he target those like Daichi for actively trying to sabotage the others.

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”