Avataro Sentai Donbrothers vs Zenkaiger Discussion

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Avataro Sentai Donbrothers vs Zenkaiger Discussion

Post by HowlingSnail »

Sorry to step on your toes, Takenoko, but I just watched it (It's been out on streaming a few days) and there doesn't seem to be a dedicated thread.

I enjoyed that overall. With how much like Kamen Rider Donbrothers was, it's only natural we go back to the old Movie Taisen format of the teams barely interacting with one-another. It did make for an enjoyable movie, but it kind of defeats the point of a team-up, you know?

As expected, the promised explanation for Kaito's Doppelgänger is basically non-existent, thus ending the last real chance for an explanation, barring some miracle in King-Ohger vs Donbrothers.

I'm guessing the lack of Murasame, Zenkaiser Black or the Nouto in the final battle is due to the fact they were running short on suit actors. I know that's why Super Hero Taisen missed off most of the 6th Rangers and Secondary Riders.

Presumably Haruka's manga career is still going? She was a best-seller, it's not like she needs Jirou's patronage to keep her going.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Avataro Sentai Donbrothers vs Zenkaiger Discussion

Post by takenoko »

Huh, I didn't even know it was out. The Blu-ray isn't coming out for a few months
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:54 am Huh, I didn't even know it was out. The Blu-ray isn't coming out for a few months
Yeah, I have it pre-ordered. But yes, it's actually fairly common these days for Toei's movies to come to streaming way before the disks come out, particularly with these limited cinema run "V-Cinext" releases.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector