My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 38 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.4 of 5 stars (10 votes)

Now we can finally see what's the deal with white Geats, after only getting a tease last week

That sure looks like malice energy from Zero-One. Takahashi, you wouldn't be reusing previous ideas, would you?

Fun fact, white kitsune is normally pronounced byakko/byakuko 白狐. However, here, it's pronounced shiragitsune. Also, white kitsune is another name for a spirit fox (reiko 霊狐).
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E9%9C%8A%E7%8B%90

Yu the Great encountered a white nine-tailed fox
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine-tailed_fox

And it's said that after 1000 years of training, they'll gain a tail. And after 10,000 years of training, the fur would turn from black to white
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%B9%9D ... E%E7%8B%90

No opening this week

I wish Samasu had a bigger role in this show. She seems cool

Who knew Niramu believed in stuff

omg, the man in the mask was also Ace. I had no idea

Nice cherry blossoms in the background

Why doesn't his mom talk? That's really distracting

So future people are light beings. Called it

Why did Sueru transform? Did he know he was going into battle?

Nice. Good final form for Geats, suitably cool looking and powerful. Fun fight. Kind of worried about how they're going to nerf it to make it viable until the end of the series though

But yeah, another chapter closed for Geats. What will the next chapter be and will it be the final one?

Edit: Punk Jack just disappeared. Did they really just bring him back to do that exposition from the last episode? XD

One more nitpick, why did Niramu fight Geats in the last episode?

Final edit, I promise, remember how I joked that Ace's mom would be super young? Her actress is 18 years old. Ace's actor is 20, so it's not even like they picked an older actress to be his mom lol
MaxHazard
Infinity

Re: KR Geats 38 discussion thread

Post by MaxHazard »

If remember correctly... Sueru is the one that ask Niramu fight Geats in the last episode

LOL... now i cannot unseen it... there is a faiz logo on Geats final form
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

If I had a nickel for every time a main Rider became a God, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird it happened twice. Someone call Gaim up to take Geats out.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

We can see Niramu looked slightly annoyed when Sueru ordered him to fight Ace last episode. Enacting the Grand End seemed to have him started questioning his reality. It is brutal that he just straight up got shot, with a normal gun and not some future laser blaster no less.

So the Grand End doesn't mean resetting the world to the state before DGP arrived. It straight up wiped everyone's memory and the world out of existence.

My favorite form in this show is Geats Magnum (without Boost), the white armor on black suit is so slick and clean looking. The final form does capture this feeling, and the buckle is cool as hell, but I don't like the circle on the abdomen. I know it's signifying the Revolve On circle but I find it distracting.

Here's another white and orange nine-tail fox.

On a more serious note, I went and counted the capes (tails) on the new form, and he only has eight. Four on the left shoulder, one in the middle back, three on the right shoulder. Maybe one of them fell off during filming.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

If Ace would really replace her mother as the new Creation God and host his own DGP, I think he would reformat it into what it was initially believed to be, which is a game to save the world. Here's the thing. For the power of the Creation Gods like Ace and Mitsume to take effect, it needed an energy source and a desire from a sentient being. So, in Ace's DGP, it might become the rallying of all potential Kamen Riders with powerful desires, save the world from incoming threats and the top ranker will have their wish granted. For starters, they already have a new threat, the Jamatos sent by the future people to retrieve Tsumuri to become their next Goddess of Creation. I mean, retrieving Ace, who is an inborn Creation God would be harder since he bites back.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

So, someone posted this theory regarding Geat's reality warping powers to the Buckle's design.

(Changing a 6 to a 9)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

We skipped Geats 6? Will we get a Geats 69? Only time will tell
DreadBringer
Gao
Quote: I am gonna clear this with even with Continues

Post by DreadBringer »

Yaiba wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:05 am We can see Niramu looked slightly annoyed when Sueru ordered him to fight Ace last episode. Enacting the Grand End seemed to have him started questioning his reality. It is brutal that he just straight up got shot, with a normal gun and not some future laser blaster no less.
He was annoyed in Ace not obeying his words to live "normally" (and not become a thorn on his side). Niramu disagrees with replacing Goddess of Creation, but he's fully onboard with Grand End, he immediately tells Tsumuri to pack up in his return.

Also Niramu gets his realistic death likely the way he'd want lol, just being shot by a gun.
takenoko wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:45 am We skipped Geats 6? Will we get a Geats 69? Only time will tell
Just like Ex-Aid skipping a bunch of levels going from 15 to 50 already, and then 50 to 99.
TrissieQ
Adventure
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Giam
Dreamy: Hant
Favorite Actor?: Himitsu
Favorite Band: BAND-MAID
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: BL
Quote: There are 375 new laws against me since I joined the forum! Are any of you that blessed with conservative hate?

Post by TrissieQ »

How did I miss the tails around fox head? I love foxes! I keep my lakefront natural so they can have easy access. I find little nests all over where they spent the night. I feed them in winter. And the only thing cooler than a real fox is a Yoaki Fox! How did I miss it? And as for Geats 69, that's like a joke i would make. Do you really want a reputation like mine? Its kinda slimy in here...
sqizzo
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O; Kamen Rider Gaim; Kamrn Rider Wizard
Favorite Band: Wrist
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: ka BOOM!
Quote: "My grandmother said this...when people love others, they become weaker, but it is nothing to be ashamed of. True weakness lies elsewhere."

Post by sqizzo »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:33 pm Why doesn't his mom talk? That's really distracting
Yeah. Is there a reason why her mouth is not moving in terms of the lore? She was a stoned for so long she cant move her lips like a person who just woke up from a long coma need to do physiotherapy rehabilitation? I was weirded out by that too.
takenoko wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:33 pm Nice. Good final form for Geats, suitably cool looking and powerful. Fun fight. Kind of worried about how they're going to nerf it to make it viable until the end of the series though
The form is amazing. Will totally buy a figuarts for the right price. But slightly concern how they will elevate this for the movie since there is usually a special form for the movie.
takenoko wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:33 pm Final edit, I promise, remember how I joked that Ace's mom would be super young? Her actress is 18 years old. Ace's actor is 20, so it's not even like they picked an older actress to be his mom lol
Shes 18? And Ace is 20? Didnt know they are that young.

Edit:
takenoko wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:33 pm So future people are light beings. Called it
Will this be how they're gonna make the tokusatsu universe crossover? ultraman will finally appear in the kamen rider verse? I blame marvel is this sucks.
The darkness first descend,
The darkness will not end,
The darkness i befriend,
The darkness i command.
sqizzo
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O; Kamen Rider Gaim; Kamrn Rider Wizard
Favorite Band: Wrist
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: ka BOOM!
Quote: "My grandmother said this...when people love others, they become weaker, but it is nothing to be ashamed of. True weakness lies elsewhere."

Post by sqizzo »

I wonder if Ace and Tsumuri having similar ability to alter worlds will be the final clash or they will combine their energy to build a new and better world where Tsumuri is the game master and Ace continues to be a player for a game that is more desire friendly.
The darkness first descend,
The darkness will not end,
The darkness i befriend,
The darkness i command.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

sqizzo wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:50 pm
takenoko wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:33 pm Why doesn't his mom talk? That's really distracting
Yeah. Is there a reason why her mouth is not moving in terms of the lore? She was a stoned for so long she cant move her lips like a person who just woke up from a long coma need to do physiotherapy rehabilitation? I was weirded out by that too.
I guess the real reason is the voice actress and actress are different people. So either the mom had to practice mouthing all the words or they could just do this I guess
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

The battle was fkking awesome, especially the part where Geats literally shushed the music, but it was kinda ruined for me by the really obvious Lawson convenience store in the background. You can tell they tried to downplay it, even digitally removing the logo in a few shots, but the color scheme is so ubiquitous and immediately recognizable it took me out of the moment.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Only you could let your verisimilitude be ruined by Japan's 7-11! Also it takes place in Japan, what's wrong with there being a Lawsons?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

It's just kinda odd to see a recognizable store. Usually they're really good about not showing any signs or brand names, so having Lawson essentially front and center feels awkward.

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”