My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 45 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.5 of 5 stars (10 votes)

Beroba might be losing it. Oh right, Dapaan was that shitty kid from earlier in the series

Hello Punk Jack, will you do anything this week?

Ace being bound in the opening sure is similar to how Tsumuri is chained up. I miss the old Tsumuri though

Rip all the people standing behind Neon while she was being shot at

Oh the squid games are here again

You know Keiwa is a bad guy since he has a bowl of fruit to mess with

Well, Neon didn't immediately lose after getting her power-up, but she didn't exactly win either

Oh, Daichi still has his Jamato powers. Again, Ace should have this guy locked up. Buffa has the right idea, I love him glowering at Daichi. Don't leave this guy alone with his unnattural tree of knowledge

LOL, look at Keiwa pulling this Saitou Hajime stunts

Oh, are we crossing over with the movie?

Yeah, fuck punk jack up!

Nice choreography with the shot by the pillars, kind of a long shot for an action sequence

Oh nice, we get OG Tsumuri back

While it's neat, what does white Ace mean? It certainly gives more credance to my theory that the end is a reenactment of what happens in the opening though

That was a pretty enjoyable eps. We finally got to clash our Ace and Keiwa figures and even Punk Jack got to do something. We get a little Neon fight and even Nudge-Sparrow seems to be on the way to redemption (somehow?)

Preview
We get a black Tsumuri now?

Goodbye Micchi? No wait, only Beroba calls him that. THe title makes it sound like Buffa will die, but it's probably Beroba like I initially thought. That's a fun twist. I don't really want her to die, but I can't really see a character as straight-up evil as her being redeemed
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Geats 45 discussion thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

that preview felt so disconnected from where we ended this episode that I'm just going to assume the movie is canon and takes place between the episodes, like Den-O's movie.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Ooh. Maybe

Also, I didn't notice it while watching, but Jitto's pronunciation of VIP is awful. He says it like BIPPU??

Edit:
Black Geats's voice seems annoying
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

So DaPaan using Magnum fits with everyone getting the Buckle they generally use, but was Beat sent to him because of Nago? And who sent Water? Reference to his earlier episodes maybe?

This was actually only the third time a musical attack has been seen from the Beat Buckle as most of the attacks were the elemental ones from Beat Axe.

Ironic timing too with Nago updated in the Opening to be using Fantasy and the group shot being replaced with Geats and Tycoon.

This does also confirm the multiples of any given buckle as they were just being given out this episode regardless of what Ace and his group have and just avoided using whatever's actually being used. Guess they want the lesser used buckles to make some more appearances, but that's just more of a reason to not have had Nago on the sidelines for so long.
snowking666
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Geat
Dreamy: Izu
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru
Favorite Band: official 髭男dism
Quote: "If you have the motivation, I don't think anything in this world is imposibble. First, you have to start moving. If you move, something will start."

Post by snowking666 »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:30 pm that preview felt so disconnected from where we ended this episode that I'm just going to assume the movie is canon and takes place between the episodes, like Den-O's movie.
Considering Geats × Revice: Movie Battle Royale is canon to the show, i would assume the next movie is canon too.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

snowking666 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:47 am
Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:30 pm that preview felt so disconnected from where we ended this episode that I'm just going to assume the movie is canon and takes place between the episodes, like Den-O's movie.
Considering Geats × Revice: Movie Battle Royale is canon to the show, i would assume the next movie is canon too.
true, but while that movie is canon and we have a general idea of when it takes place, the plot didn't 100% segue at the end of an episode, then pick up next episode immediately going "man, those Igarashi siblings were nice. glad the Desire Royale is over. now back to what we were doing."

this feels a lot like Den-O and how Climax Form was explicitly because of the events of the movie causing stuff to happen, and the specific movie moment in question was set up in previous episodes. even if there isn't a massive shift in stuff happening in-show because of how close we are to the end and all, I still get the impression this is a "this movie is specifically at this point in the show", and not "vaguely around the same time of year as this handful of episodes" like a lot of movies.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Having Lupin Yellow/Kudo Haruka as the or one of the final bosses is definitely a win! They need someone around her to say "adieu" as fan service.

The moral of this season: Reality TV is evil.

The riders might seriously consider not making the VIP's be alive anymore. Just beating them up doesn't seem to help.

Why didn't Geats just waste all the eyes in the sky at the beginning of the fight? Geats doesn't need ratings from them.

I wonder if the VIP's in the DGP game are similar to "whales" who spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on in game purchases of gatcha games that could be played for free?

Will Tsumuri's tear be a big plot device coming up?

Are they going to have a subplot where the good guys have to steal something as an excuse the bring the crooked card dealer back? Or a building fire to bring back the firefighter guy?

How many more episodes are left?
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

resop2 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:58 pm How many more episodes are left?
assuming what I've heard about the next season starting at the beginning of September is true, maybe 5 give or take?
DreadBringer
Gao
Quote: I am gonna clear this with even with Continues

Post by DreadBringer »

Da-Paan's stakes to Na-Go is attacking her (new) loved ones. For those who'd be relieved that Na-Go Fantasy isn't nerfed (including me), and that she's seen clearly superior to Da-Paan, this should explain why the "damsel in distress", "hostage situation", or "prop" trope are done... to give villain stakes without dumbing down heroes' capabilities.
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

resop2 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:58 pm Are they going to have a subplot where the good guys have to steal something as an excuse the bring the crooked card dealer back? Or a building fire to bring back the firefighter guy?
Occupations do seem to be a thing with the contestants to a degree, don't they? Zero-One similarity maybe?

What about Buffa's friend, though? Would've thought he'd at least be mentioned by now.

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”