Sentai S.H.Figuarts: GokaiRed, ShinkenRed, DekaMaster

Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Sentai S.H.Figuarts: GokaiRed, ShinkenRed, DekaMaster

Post by Yaiba »

I bit the bait and pre-ordered the new S.H.Figuarts Shinkocchou Seihou GokaiRed. Then my inner fanboy insisted some more so I hunted down a second-hand S.H.F. ShinkenRed. And because Toei didn't release a S.H.F. for DekaMaster, I bought Hasbro's Lighting Collection Shadow Ranger instead. My wallet is crying but I'm very happy. Here's a mini review to convince my wallet to feel better.

(Click image to enlarge)

S.H.Figuarts Shinkocchou Seihou GokaiRed
As advertised for the Shinkocchou Seihou line, everything is proportionally correct. Out of the box there are plastic in the joints to protect them from wear and tear. There's a pair of hand gestures used specially for doing his cross arms pose. Those gestures can't really be used for anything else, took me a while to figure out what they're for (see photo below). There's also one where the left hand is holding up four fingers, I don't know what that's for, is that a call back to something? There are cloth wrinkles all throughout the figure, from the collar down to the boots. The collar and jacket below the belt are soft plastic and can move a bit to resemble "cloth"; the belt buckle is not interactable though. The figure looks quite muscle-y. There's articulation for the neck, shoulder, elbow, wrist, waist, hip, knee, ankle, forefoot. Almost every joint is articulated, with those ball joints that can go almost 270-360 degrees.
A side note is that the RangerKeys are very tiny, you'll have a hard time finding them if you dropped them on the floor.

Assessories:
* Gokai Sabre (Not interactable except for inserting the RangerKey. Hard plastic with silvery paint)
* Gokai Gun (Not interactable except for inserting the RangerKey)
* Mobilates
--> Phone mode
--> GokaiChange mode (Can insert RangerKey)
* RangerKey (Just red and black colored, no visible details)
--> Figure mode
--> Key mode
--> Key mode (shorten key for plugging into the weapons and phone)
* Right Hand
--> Fist
--> For holding the sabre (Can also hold the gun, finger not on trigger)
--> For holding the gun (Finger on trigger)
--> For holding RangerKey
--> For holding the Mobilates
--> Open palm
--> Designed for the cross arm pose
* Left Hand
--> Fist
--> For holding the sabre (Can also hold the gun, finger not on trigger)
--> For holding the gun (Finger on trigger)
--> For holding RangerKey
--> For holding the Mobilates
--> Open palm
--> Designed for the cross arm pose
--> Holding up four fingers

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

S.H.Figuarts ShinkenRed
The whole figure is very smooth, there's only cloth wrinkles on the boots and no "muscles" at all. He's very thin. I know he has a sleek physique but it feels too thin when looking from the side. There's a holster for Shinkenmaru and a not interactable Shodophone holster with a folded phone inside. The belt buckle is not interactable. There's articulation for the neck, shoulder, elbow, torso, waist, hip, knee, ankle and forefoot. Almost every joint is articulated, with those ball joints that can go almost 270-360 degrees.

Assessories:
* Shinkenmaru (The disk cannot spin. Hard plastic with silvery paint)
* Rekka Daizantou Sword and Gun mode (The disk can spin)
* Shodophone pen form
* Shishi Origami
--> Emblem Form
--> Lion Form (Legs can rotate)
* Right Hand
--> Fist
--> Open palm
--> For holding Shodophone
--> For holding Shishi Origami (Both modes)
--> For holding Rekka Daizantou
* Left Hand
--> Fist
--> Open palm
--> For holding Rekka Daizantou (Both modes)

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Lighting Collection Shadow Ranger (DekaMaster - I'm just going to use the Japanese names)
The figure is very plastic-y toy-like compared to the SHF, if that makes sense. The blue paint on armor has a metallic feel and there's cloth wrinkles on the waist and thighs. Only "muscles" on the arm. There's a holster for D-Sword Vega. The articulation is limited, basically only for the neck, shoulder, elbow, waist, hip and knee. They're not ball joints so can only turn to the sides. When swapped to Anubis Cruger's head the head feels too large, probably won't be using at all.

Accessories:
* Anubis Cruger's head
* Master License
* D-Sword Vega (The jaw on the cross guard is not interactable. The paint is dull grey and not shiny. Made from those soft plastic that feels like it'll become permanently bent if pressure is applied for too long)
* Energy effect for D-Sword Vega
* Right hand
--> For holding D-Sword Vega
--> Two fingers up gesture for his role call
* Left Hand
--> Fist
--> A pointing gesture, can kind of hold the Master License

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Toys”