King-Ohger 30 discussion post

It's good to be the king
Forum rules

King-Ohger Wiki Link

< DonBros |Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger | ??? >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:25 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
82%
☆☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆☆
9%
☆☆
9%
No votes

Total votes: 11
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

King-Ohger 30 discussion post

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings: 3.92 out of 5 (12 votes)

From 1 star last week to a 5 star this week. I thought that was a really good episode. I was so enraptured in it that I failed to take any notes at all this time, so a departure from my usual "live" commentary

While I'm always glad to see the great Yoshii Rei guest star, it's sad to know that her ultimate fate was to be killed off as this villain escapes his icy imprisonment. While checking his name, I found out he's played by Tachibana(Blade) the Principal(Fourze)'s actor. I'm not a big fan of killer clown characters, but he's doing a pretty good job, so I can't fault him on that. He's an unmasked commander class Sentai villain, love his scythe weapon, and his power over the dead is both interesting and also comes with a funny hypno eye effect that's fun and campy

Oh Himeno, you are carrying this series. Them fitting in a Chikyuu idiom was a bit heavy handed, but it worked perfectly at the end of the episode. Really, only Himeno could have play the heart of the series the way she does. The other rulers are too self absorbed to care about others, whereas Himeno's thing has always been that she looks superficial, but hides a greater depth

Obviously, it's also a very Rita heavy episode too. We learn about her former queen, the secret of her eye, and her attempt to sacrifice herself to stop this supervillain (Which almost works!) At the very least, the ice attack took care of all the locusts (which were dead the whole time, so now we know what the deal with the locust pile in that episode was) I still don't understand if the Bugnaraku were eating them or wanted to live alongside them or what though... And while the tea party was a transparent set up for this episode, I'm still happy to see the rulers act like people and have chances to do character moments. That's why I gave this episode a 5 star

Edit: I totally forgot to comment about Jeremie's mom acting as a deus ex machina. What can I really say besides "Well that happened!"
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: King-Ohger 30 discussion post

Post by Yaiba »

Grody was legit terrifying. Death x necromancer x psychopath was a terrifying villain-traits combination, like something that came out of a horror movie. And that's Kamen Rider Garren too.

A Himeno and Rita focused episode was always a delight. Watching how Himeno trying to get through to Rita was very fun. They were best friends in an obscure way, and it made a very powerful scene when Himeno stopped Rita from sacrificing herself.

But for the love of Shugod, please don't tag cliffhangers onto an almost perfect episode. This was even worse than the cliffhanger in the body swapping episode. A very emotional scene with Himeno and Rita just played out, and the viewers barely had any time to let that sink in before the next plot device barged right in (literally). Sometimes giving the viewers some quiet time before the next episode to think about the huge emotional scene goes a long way.

So the former Gokkan ruler was dead. And it seemed Kamejimu killed the husband too. I was hoping they'd play a bigger role later since they were the only former rulers who were alive till now.

Grody was only sealed for 15 years. That's like a few seconds to the Space Bug considering their lifespan. Dagdedo forgetting about him was kind of funny.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

Maybe I will drop this series after 30 episodes. Can't feel anything in the plot and characters development. The writer tried to put many plot in one episode, but I need some of filler episodes to see how characters interaction and growth. Not in case of plot by plot.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>So the former Gokkan ruler was dead. And it seemed Kamejimu killed the husband too. I was hoping they'd play a bigger role later since they were the only former rulers who were alive till now.

Oh, is that guy on the ground supposed to be the husband? It makes sense, but I didn't put that connection together (obviously since they couldn't get that actor back for this episode)
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

i think you were just having a bad week last week. that episode was amazing.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

I never once realized that Grody was played by Amano Kousei (I had seen news of him appearing in the show before, but turns out I forgot it by the time I watched this)
Even after learning this, I still can't seem to see Amano Kousei in the character- he really played this dude well
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD

Return to “Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger”