King Racles's Secret 03

It's good to be the king
Forum rules

King-Ohger Wiki Link

< DonBros |Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger | ??? >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

King Racles's Secret 03

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki

I'm still confused, why was Vedalia, the lead researcher, going to be executed? I kept thinking they'd explain it, but it really does seem like Racles was just going to do it to silence her so she didn't spill the secrets. Racles is just a bad guy???

Was Vedalia ever real? Racles says the monster has her memories so that implies she was a real person at some point, so what happened?

Racles is pretty good at using the king weapon

I can't get over how the monster is just wearing pants

Why did the monster spit Vedalia out? I'm so confused

What's with these fools sacrificing themselves for Racles?

What? No translation for the text?

It's weird that they're specifying Racle's secret happens between episodes 2 and 3, like I remember what happened at that time lol

Okay, so episodes 2 and 3 are the Yanma and Himeno first episodes, so most of it was Gira away in those countries. Does anything in Racles's secret tie into anything that happens in these episodes???

So what was his secret? Vedalia? What was the point of this special. From the title, you'd think you'd be learning about another side to Racles. And while it seems like he had a soft spot for Vedalia, he did say he was going to have her executed at the end of the day, so he's still a dick, which we knew from the TV series. I mean it's so short I guess I can't be too mad about it, but I'm trying to think if we got any good dramatic, or funny, or action scenes from these

I guess if you had watched this before episode 20, you would have had a clue about Boshimaru being the spy? But even then, it's treated like this massive reveal, but did anyone give a fuck about Boshimaru? Like there's literally no distinguishing him from Racles's other lackey. I'm not even sure if I mentioned it in my summary for ep 20
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: King Racles's Secret 03

Post by ViRGE »

I came into this mini-series not understanding what the heck was going on, and I'm coming out of this mini-series not understanding what the heck is going on. Some things happened between the start and the end, but I have little understanding of why they happened, and why they unfolded as they did.

I know I've kind of dogged this series overall thus far, and I'm not doing it because I'm some grump. But the higher purpose of this series is genuinely lost on me.

As best as I can tell, this is what happened?
  1. Racles digs up a couple of nerds to uncover some long-lost secrets of Shuggodom. Namely: King-Ohger Zero, Ohcaliber Zero, and what the mural was hiding (the Founder's Crown)
  2. Said nerds fix King-Ohger Zero (note that King-Ohger also needed to be fixed prior to the series)
  3. Lady nerd also figures out how to activate Ohcaliber Zero, by virtue of having Racles DNA on her sleeve (eww)
  4. The Bugs take over lady nerd's body to find out the secrets for themselves
  5. Racles then fully activates Ohcaliber Zero by being cut by it, thus making contact with his blood
  6. Racles injures body-bug. Lady nerd dies, the bug lives and runs off
  7. Racles reports a killing in order to have an excuse to leave the country
  8. The Bugs return, thinking it's a prime opportunity to attack. Only to get smushed by King Ohger-Zero
  9. Caught, body-bug (back in possession of lady nerd's body) attempts to work a deal with Racles so that it may complete its task and live
  10. Racles properly kills the bug this time
  11. An orb with the final clue about the mural is recovered from nerd lady's body (lady nerd having counted on Racles to properly dispose of her body, and thus find it)
  12. Racles uses that information to recover the Founder's Crown
Now that I write this out, the basic plot beats make some sense. But it was presented in such a ridiculously convoluted way, for what seems to be no good reason.
takenoko wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:10 pm I'm still confused, why was Vedalia, the lead researcher, going to be executed? I kept thinking they'd explain it, but it really does seem like Racles was just going to do it to silence her so she didn't spill the secrets. Racles is just a bad guy???
That seems to be the case. "Hey nerds, you'll get to work on the coolest thing in the universe! But once you're done, I'm killing you for knowing too much!"
Was Vedalia ever real? Racles says the monster has her memories so that implies she was a real person at some point, so what happened?
She was real. My interpretation is that, at some point (seemingly after discovering the secret of the sword), she was possessed by Shidejiimu.
Why did the monster spit Vedalia out? I'm so confused
He can't maintain a possession if he's injured, I guess?
What's with these fools sacrificing themselves for Racles?
Nerds will accept death if it means they get to engage in epic nerdery? This point is not explained well at all, and it really bogs down the story.
So what was his secret?
I'm still scratching my head at that as well. Technically there are multiple Husty family secrets here (Robo/sword/crown). But Racles' only real secret here is that he has a couple of nerds figure things out for them, and then killed said nerds because he's evil.
but I'm trying to think if we got any good dramatic, or funny, or action scenes from these
We did not. It was mostly a bunch of unanswered questions moonlighting as intrigue and plot. Whatever the goal was, it was not well executed.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

I think this mini-series is not about Racles's secrets per se. The "secret" they're talking about here is Shuggodom's secrets, meaning where Racles got all his cool toys from (the golden sword, the black robot and the crown). And then tease about the castle robot.

And wut? Why are the scientists so willing to die for the research? What's so intriguing about it??

Why did Vedalia swallowed the gem with the results? She ate it in front of Racles even before the Bugnarok stuff happened. Her plan seemed to be have Racles learn the results after she dies. But if she didn't present the research results to Racles, Racles won't execute her, she won't die and Racles'll never learn the results?? (Note: Don't think too hard about it.)

There's no resolution to Rita saying Vedalia's not being human or Bugnarok. Was it just to hint she's mixed-race like Jeremie? Was it implying Racles was manipulating these people living "in-between"???

So many questions.

I read somewhere that this series was filmed before the TV series. So maybe they can't really reference any episodes.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

But if it's called Racles's secret, it makes it sound like you learn something new about the guy. But you don't

>Why did Vedalia swallowed the gem with the results?

That's the big puzzler isn't it. Maybe she planned to never tell him, thus never get executed. "I'm good at my job, but also fuck you, you need me"

>There's no resolution to Rita saying Vedalia's not being human or Bugnarok. Was it just to hint she's mixed-race like Jeremie? Was it implying Racles was manipulating these people living "in-between"???

Yeah, that was just dropped entirely. What was the mysterious liquid in Vedalia? Is the only reason she knew so much was because she was like Jeremie and had knowledge of both humans and Bugnarok?

>I read somewhere that this series was filmed before the TV series. So maybe they can't really reference any episodes.

That's... a poor way to tell the story
dekared
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Mei (Pteraranger)
Favorite Actor?: Al Pacino
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Candy Toys
Quote: It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by dekared »

I started KingOhger last night (due to taking a break from toku in general for three years, then bingeing ZenKaiger and DonBrothers the last few weeks) and watched the first three episodes plus these specials between 2 and 3. My takeaway was that Racles's secret was the existence of the OhgerCalibur Zero and KingOhger Zero. Sure surprised me anyway.
WHERE'S THE SOAP?!

Return to “Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger”