My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Gotchard 16 thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last episode: 3.8 of 5 stars (10 votes)

I like that one of the cards is just a bisshy vampire

Is it me or is Rinne's actress a bit better this ep?

Spanner's master is a mechanic? That's fitting!

Houtarou blind af

rip kajiki. he dies as he lived. doing the same excited act over some alien thing he does every time

also love the low tech effect of a dragon puppet in the sky

hmmm, 3600 yen for a christmas log? That's a good deal! (is going to pick up his tomorrow). Why is osaka the only one who needs a part time job. How does isaac get by with money if the academy doesn't support them?

I feel like valvarad is too bulky and slow to dodge petrification beams

Did you know that the word wyrm is based on an old word for worm? Something something wyrm stood for snakes which evolved into representing dragons?

It's like a hydra. You cut one head off-

Rinne and Spanner leaving to evacuate people is such a dumb plan

imagine if your fate were left to a dumb fuck like Houtarou

What's this? A new Kamen Rider? Looks like it's the same design as Gotchard

it's kind of dumb that the new gotchard has to tell Houtarou to act, knowing Houtarou, he'd do that anyway. SO it's not like a real interesting character decision or anything

This dude is carrying a rubicks cube??

Is it time for Minato's inevitable betrayal?

So we have repli cards and now we have cards on fire? And some new attachment? What's going onhere, is this Gotchard from the future?

If I'm right and this is Geryon, then it's fitting for his first appearacne to be in the form of orochi, the many headed dragon.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geryon
In Greek myth, he is portrayed as either having three heads, or one head with three bodies, or three bodies and three heads
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Gotchard 16 thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Just off the early scene in Houtarou's family's eatery, I can't remember the last time we had a show so blatantly treat the movie (crossover or summer) as both canon AND set specifically right between a couple episodes. like, we MIGHT get stuff like hints of the movie taking place right after an episode (see: X Wizard showing up at the end of last week or X Geats showing up that one week in the summer) but when Geats came back the week after their movie hinting cameo, it carried on as if the movie hadn't happened. see it or don't (please do) but it won't affect the main plot.

meanwhile, here we go with Rinne shushing a card in her pocket that we haven't seen before mere minutes into the episode. can't get more "hope you went to the theater yesterday or some of this will make NO sense!" that that.

like, was the last time a show was this blatant about it Den-O, where they spent several episodes seeding plot points for it in quick scenes, and then the immediate episode after it entered theaters was a BIG plot development that specifically only happened BECAUSE of what they did in the movie?

oh, and I've at least seen people referring to Cheetos Flamin' Hot Gotchard by name on twitter, so I'll spoiler tag that:
Spoiler
Apparently they're Gotchard Daybreak.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

No no, I'm good with Flaming Hot Cheetos Gotchard as the official name
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

fair enough, lol.

having just finished the episode, it gets even more apparent we're gonna be missing some context until the movie comes out on dvd. Rinne's got at least TWO new chemy, since she used "The Sun" to shoot the sky monster and that clearly wasn't the one in her pocket before, plus whatever that was about her ring being orange now, and also however Spanner's teacher got a copy of the gotchard driver.

between the X Gotchalibur and whatever that thing was that Flamin' Got Chardos had on his belt, seems we've adopted the Zero-One method of new driver creation. interesting that it looked a little like the engine of a muscle car. you'd think that'd be the kind of thing Valvarad would get for a power up and not "flavor blast the Gotchard suit"
TokuGeek1999
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuGeek1999 »

DAIGO is playing Gotchard Fire
You guys might not know who he is.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

TokuGeek1999 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:44 am DAIGO is playing Gotchard Fire
Mars's husband of course
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

here's a thought on Gotch Fieri: we're wondering who he might be, and I've seen some people guessing either Rinne or Houtarou's dad, but I realized, we only really see Minato-sensei warning them over the phone that people are getting stoned in the streets and then at the very end. what if HE'S the new guy?

bonus points if it's a Jekyll and Hyde thing where the guy who's been messing with everyone's memories all season is having his own memory issues as he doesn't realize he's doing it.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I dislike this theory in that I think Minato is a bad character and wouldn't be interested in seeing more of him. I'd probably be more into it being Hou from the future or maybe Sabimaru with a new voice thing
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

It just occurred to me that this and the last episodes may have been the first two to show any signs of the sisters caring for each other (well, some of them, anyway--Atropos didn't seem particularly bothered by the possession sequence). I'd like them to explore a sibling dynamic some more, because up to now they've felt more like a trio of kind-of-close associates than sisters.

I enjoyed the episode overall; it's pretty much what the preview hinted at--laying down more plot hooks, introducing some more characters, etc--but several other factors made it a good episode in its own right, between the Christmas motif adding some more depth and the twist of the team misidentifying the chemy. Not sure who Flaming Hot Cheetos Gotchard is, but it's interesting that he's referred to as "another Gotchard" rather than "another Kamen Rider", especially after Spanner was already right at the edge of what did or didn't count.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
JustLive13
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by JustLive13 »

takenoko wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:32 am I dislike this theory in that I think Minato is a bad character and wouldn't be interested in seeing more of him. I'd probably be more into it being Hou from the future or maybe Sabimaru with a new voice thing
Really? My main problem with Minato is that we haven’t really gotten anything for him backstory or motivation wise. He’s kinda just been the teacher who occasionally mind wipes people. I feel like getting anything more about him would only help his character.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I mean, I had no idea this was coming. So when I first saw him, I could tell instantly from the silhouette and then from the eyes that it was Gotchard (credits to the suit design for that). I don't know how the second Rider will look, but I don't think you'd include such details if this wasn't going to be some version of Gotchard (whether it's Hou behind the mask is left to be seen)

>Really? My main problem with Minato is that we haven’t really gotten anything for him backstory or motivation wise. He’s kinda just been the teacher who occasionally mind wipes people. I feel like getting anything more about him would only help his character.

I mean his actor isn't very charismatic or inspiring, although that may be the fault of the writing. I'd rather spend more time with the Sabimaru twins or learning anything about Spanner. We have so much information about the guy, but personalitywise he's just a catchphrase and his tolerance of Hou has maybe moved an inch so far. This is your ensemble cast, it can't be just the Hou and Rinne show. Also, I like the point that it is good to see the sisters show some care for each other, let's get more of their personalities too
TokuGeek1999
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuGeek1999 »

Can't wait for Daigo to announce that he's a Kamen Rider!
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I guess Hot Flamin' Cheetos Gotchard is playing Tuxedo Kamen to Houtarou's Sailor Moon? If so, then Minato being HFC Gotchard and not remembering it would make sense.

I already like Spanner's boss better than more than half of the rest of the cast.

When I finished watching this episode I was thinking that I was missing a lot of stuff, but it was all the movie stuff that I won't see for several months.

So Rinne's declaration that she will no longer be a helpless princess mean that she will henshin at some point, or that she now has some sort of weapon that can be meaningful in a fight? (Since she was made of stone when HFC Gotchard debuted I can rule her out from being the secret identity. (I know HFC Gotcard has a male voice, but it would be a cool swerve if a male sounding Rider was a henshin-ed female.))
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

resop2 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:05 pm So Rinne's declaration that she will no longer be a helpless princess mean that she will henshin at some point, or that she now has some sort of weapon that can be meaningful in a fight? (Since she was made of stone when HFC Gotchard debuted I can rule her out from being the secret identity. (I know HFC Gotcard has a male voice, but it would be a cool swerve if a male sounding Rider was a henshin-ed female.))
I always figured a good debut for the first female Secondary Rider would be to "unmask" an over the top flaming power rider of some sort, but that's not what this seems to be and a replicant of the Primary Rider is not the way to go.
Spoiler
She already henshined in the crossover movie, which gets referenced and flashbacked to, and bodyswapped to be Gotchard in a special.
TokuGeek1999
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuGeek1999 »

Lunagel wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:49 am
TokuGeek1999 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:44 am DAIGO is playing Gotchard Fire
Mars's husband of course
I can't believe I was correct
Someone one time figured out who Karizaki-san's voice actor was before too.
https://twitter.com/Gotcha_toei/status/ ... aEG4Q&s=19

Return to “Kamen Rider Gotchard”