My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Gotchard 18 thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last episode: 4.67 of 5 stars (9 votes)

Why didn't I notice that the last episode conflict was between the moon and the sun?

LOL, all the students got mind wiped. How is Hou and Rinne going to school still instead of hiding

Awww, I hope the sisters aren't going to die and be revealed to be dolls or something

Like how that net looks like space being distorted

Stop sidelining Sabi and Osaka, they're my favorite characters!

Liked them borrowing each other's swords and pistols, but Daybreak's dual pistols was way cooler than Hou's dual blades

lol, did they not coordinate Houtarou getting sucked up into time? He flings himself backward, but then gets sucked up by a hole in the wrong direction

What is this pacing? The kid calls it a treasure and he immediately zeroes in on it? Could this be more heavy handed?

lol, again with present Houtarou's pantomimes

Wait, how did past Houtarou know all about the Chemys if Fuuga wasn't related to it? We know how he got his memory erased, but not how he's connected to the Chemys

So instead of having a precious item that Houtarou has for the past 17 episodes, they just say these goggles were his most precious item as a kid...

Well, that's a cool looking power up. Love the rocket, reminds me of Gundam X with shield

I just had a terrifying thought, what if this is a love story between Houtarou and Rinne. Which would be fine, but I don't want to see these actors doing such scenes

Now that's a much better Rider kick. He kicked that bad guy all the way from the quarry to Toei studios lot!

Oh, so a malgam/puppet really is a homunculus. Why not just call it that since that's what alchemy terms are

Aww, Daybreak was a fun treat, but I can see why he can't stay. Also, of cousre Toei does a multiverse time travel story after people are sick of it from Marvel lol. So since Daybreak doesn't recognize that jetpack form, I'm guessing the timeline has shifted from the future where Geryon destroys the world? So did Daybreak erase his own existence or does a parallel version of him still exist out there?

Just to play script doctor, we got the tease of Hou being childhood friends with the Chemys. There's more to be revealed, but this episode doesn't give us a satisfying explanation for that still. It doesn't really reveal why he's the boy genius who's friends with the Chemys. Huh, this is going to be dumb, but I can't imagine the twist being anything other than this:
crackpot theory
Houtarou is the last Chemy Card. He's a homunculus like the sisters
Edit: Why are Houtarou's actors eyes so red in this episode? It's like he'd been crying
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Gotchard 18 thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I feel like Gotchard, especially this episode, can be summed up with that one scene from the episode of Futurama where they go underwater and discover the sunken city of Atlanta. Zoidberg finds a shell to use as a home, but Bender misplaces a cigar and it turns to ash.

"*big gotchard plot point*! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!"

"that's a VERY good question."

"oh, that's where I left my *flashback revealing more information*"

"THAT JUST RAISES FURTHER QUESTIONS!"
Spoiler
also, called Flamin' Hot Gotcheetos being bad future Hotarou
TokuGeek1999
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuGeek1999 »

Gotchard Daybreak would be me giving my past self a choice.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

So Gotchard Daybreak lost in the future because he didn't find the goggles in time and couldn't beat those Malgam. I think it implied Rinne died as well. Houtarou having them now changed the timeline.

Did Daybreak turned orange because of rusting due to all the fire from his dystopian future.

Getting in contact with one's past self will weakern TimeLord and shortern the duration of the time slip. Daybreak finally gave Houtarou a shoulder tap when it's inevitable that his time was up and touching didn't matter anymore. If Houtarou stayed away from kid-Houtarou maybe Daybreak could stay longer.

Minato's betrayal happened in the Daybreak's timeline as well. That means he contributed to the destruction Greyon caused. Geryon kept calling him "Sensei" in a very mocking tone, why?

Geryon modified the Alliance leaders' memory. So it basically means everything that from the Alliance were lies.

Someone brought kid-Houtarou into the Chemy world, and it's not Rinna's dad. Houtarou's dad wore goggles, and I immediately thought of the Digial World and Digimon protagonists.

Next episode is written by Inoue Akiko, the daughter of the controversial writer Inoue Toshiki.
The true King-Ohger, Moffun
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Inoue Akiko? There is another!
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

the next episode preview suggested the focus of the episode would be more on Rinne and Atropos. if it's being written by Inoue's daughter, I can't help but imagine her looking back on all the homosexual tension there's been between some of her dad's male characters, whether intentional or not, and thinking "I'm gonna corner the market on insane toxic yuri."
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:10 am the next episode preview suggested the focus of the episode would be more on Rinne and Atropos. if it's being written by Inoue's daughter, I can't help but imagine her looking back on all the homosexual tension there's been between some of her dad's male characters, whether intentional or not, and thinking "I'm gonna corner the market on insane toxic yuri."
Revice can't hog all the toxic yuri
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

Poll?
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Half way through the episode I thought Orange Gotchard was Rinne's dad. Then when he talked about knowing what would happen in the future, I realised it was future Houtaro.

Weird they've already added Valvarad and Majade to the opening so prominently. Like, I get it, Majade was in the movie, we're all supposed to have watched that already, and they even spoke about it 2 episodes ago, but it still feels odd. But I guess they didn't wanna have to redesign the opening again soon. Incidentally, Majade's suit actor is Ayumi Shimozono, who's been the go-to for the girls in Sentai for years, making her Kamen Rider debut here.

The Doctor Who fan in me smiled as the new Chemy being called Time Lord.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman, Zyuranger onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers

Currently watching: Chojin Sentai Jetman
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

CheetahLynx wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:24 pmPoll?
My teammate told me to put it up, so I actually forgot not once, but twice. It's up now!

>Then when he talked about knowing what would happen in the future, I realised it was future Houtaro.

I thought it was pretty heavy handed foreshadowing. "But I'm the only Gotchard..." lol

>Weird they've already added Valvarad and Majade to the opening so prominently.

Mara Jade?!

>Incidentally, Majade's suit actor is Ayumi Shimozono, who's been the go-to for the girls in Sentai for years, making her Kamen Rider debut here.

I didn't know she hadn't had a Rider role before. Neat! People might remember her as the owner of Taro the dog from DonBrothers and being Oni Sister's suit actress

>The Doctor Who fan in me smiled as the new Chemy being called Time Lord.

My reaction was "So you just straight up called it a Time Lord, huh?"
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Shimozono and her dogs were also in Ryusoulger. She likes making cameos, it seems. She's been kind of busy with Sentai, being a regular since she played Yayoi in Kyoryuger, although she's not in King-Ohger, so I dunno what she's been doing the last year. I guess this means she won't been Boon Pink either if she's gonna be busy with Gotchard. Doing what Takaiwa did and moving from being a Sentai regular to a Rider it seems.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman, Zyuranger onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers

Currently watching: Chojin Sentai Jetman
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

So I guess the Level X stuff has already been made redundant? That was exceptionally quick; it's only been 5 episodes!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:29 am So I guess the Level X stuff has already been made redundant? That was exceptionally quick; it's only been 5 episodes!
I guess that was for the Christmas rush/winter movie. Now that the first quarter is behind them, they need a new form to ring in the actual story starting. Hmmm, isn't that what they did with Build and the Hazard stuff?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:35 am
ViRGE wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:29 am So I guess the Level X stuff has already been made redundant? That was exceptionally quick; it's only been 5 episodes!
I guess that was for the Christmas rush/winter movie. Now that the first quarter is behind them, they need a new form to ring in the actual story starting. Hmmm, isn't that what they did with Build and the Hazard stuff?
I want to say Hazard didn't appear until episode 20 or so? Which was several episodes after Build's Pepsi form was introduced. To be honest I try to keep the Hazard arc out of my memory, since it dragged on for entirely too long.

Either way, it's only been 3 episodes since Gotchard got the X-Rex form! Sadly, I suspect you are correct about the toys. They're moving at an absurd pace right now. :shock:
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Movie spoilers re: level number 10s
Spoiler
The remaining 6 level number 10s are introduced and a new form combining 5 of them shows up, so it's unlikely we're getting any new power-ups with them. Hope you didn't buy that extra peripheral, parents, it's already been chucked by the wayside

Return to “Kamen Rider Gotchard”