ASUS Laptop Problem

TokuGeek1999
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

ASUS Laptop Problem

Post by TokuGeek1999 »

For a reason I can't turn on my laptop unplugged and it only turns on while Plugged.
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Re: ASUS Laptop Problem

Post by Mxylv »

Sounds like a battery problem. Assuming it's on Windows, then when it's plugged in and on, there should be a battery icon in its list of small icons at the right side of the taskbar; if one clicks it, it will most likely say it's running on power only, but it's possible it will give some a more helpful message (like listing a battery stuck on 0%). If the laptop has a clearly-detachable battery (e.g. one with two switches to pull to make it come off), then one could look up the specific battery model and buy a copy off Amazon (given how volatile batteries can be for the wrong item, I'd suggest getting the exact same one), but if it's baked into the laptop the way it is with many recent models, taking it to repairs would be a better option unless one really knows what they're doing.

One other possibility I've heard about is clearing any residual static power/flea power (It's usually taking out the battery if possible, unplugging, and then holding the power button for 10 or even 20 seconds, but the exact process varies and it won't help at all if the problem's with the battery, so I'd suggest looking further into it before trying). It didn't work for me, but thought I'd throw that out there
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,

Return to “Off Topic”