My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Gotchard 28 thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last episode: 4 of 5 stars (8 votes)

That fake slap

Someone's having fun filming in a different location

Renge the ghostbuster

I guess these cards in the sponsor are the "ghosts"?

I didn't realize the academy's halls were so cool looking. Looks like they have 78 of 101 chemys

How nice of the sisters to vacate. Pretty sure they were squatting there for 30+ days though, so they could have claimed tenantship or something?

Sabimaru has a last name? How do these keep things keep happening

Oh right, Rinne likes scary things. It's like her one endearing characteristic

The umbrella youkai is my favorite one. The last Monster Hunter's monsters were based on youkai and they were fun

Suddenly we're back doing Ghost antics?

Why is Kajiki here? Does he have a contractual number of episodes? Is taht guy wearing Banjou's jacket?

Atropos in her contractually obligated appearance? (I thought people being evil was enough for Chemys to get corrupted on their own?)

lol, that one's named Carrie?

So both the youkai and the spirit guy (in Chinese dramas they're taoists) are powered by Chemys. It's Chemys all the way down in this series

I was about to say that I don't like this guest, but I'm enjoying him being the worst monk. I mean, look at that dummy they threw off the cliff. Now that's comedy. And he found the dragon balls of power

Kajiki, you shouldn't be in this series. I don't think he's added anything at all

Renge's audition to be a scream queen this eps

Rinne, get off people guiding duty and transform already. Do we have a word for characters stuck on evacuation jobber work?

I guess we need another episdoe to show of Platinum Gotchard

Oh hi Atropos... uhh... can we help you with something?

How does Plat control whether the card is his right arm or right leg?

Oh yeah, this countryside village is all old people

Is the village chief that stunt actor?

I was kind of hoping for a fun Renge episode, but she needs Sabi to bounce off of. We don't get as many fun interactions with our Rider wonder twins

I mean, let's look at this from a writing perspective. Does Renge or any of the characters go through an arc? I guess the monk guy is kind of learning a lesson? We don't even learn about the stakes of the village till the end of the episode, up to that piont it's just a straight up a bad ghost story, which the viewer knows is just Chemys anyway. It's just disappointing since this could have been a good episode to learn mroe about Renge or see her interact with her grandmother. It's frustrating since we've got a chance to take a break from the main story to endear us to these characters and they're not really doing that
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: KR Gotchard 28 thread

Post by HowlingSnail »

Yo Rinne, did you leave your driver at home or something? Fight!

I'd honestly forgotten Kajiki existed. His role has fallen shrunk.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

This is a 2-parter? Does this need to be a 2-parter? Nothing significant really happened.

It's nice that Hopper1 is getting more screen time. If they want the viewers to have an emotional bonding to it, it needs to have more interaction with the casts. Though it's a bit late since the series is half way over.

It's a bit hard to see, but when leaving the academy Hotarou went the wrong way and Hopper1 pulled him back. Just a little detail showing they hadn't been in there for a long time.

The monk was annoying but at the same time endearing. He played off the feigning-intelligence tropes well. I assumed there was a conversation behind the scenes that went like: "The doll hit the cliff face several times during the fall, do we need to refilm that?" "Nah, he'll be fine."

The Alchemy Alliance. It's a feat to be so despicable despite barely having any screen time.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

I'm starting to get the feeling that Gotchard's final form is another "All the powers in one", and it's gonna be some insane thing with all 101 Chemies in it...somehow.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

HowlingSnail wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:07 am I'm starting to get the feeling that Gotchard's final form is another "All the powers in one", and it's gonna be some insane thing with all 101 Chemies in it...somehow.
That is a common enough final form idea and with the alchemy theme of the series it's almost a given.

The question is whether it'll be called "AllChemy" or not.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Let's hope his final form is just a big kabbalah tree
RoxasXIII
Infinity

Post by RoxasXIII »

HowlingSnail wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:27 am Yo Rinne, did you leave your driver at home or something? Fight!

I think she left her ring in the base for charging

seems forgot to take it again
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

According to the Production blog, the tone of this 2-parter might be based as a detective mystery story, saying it was inspired by "a certain blockbuster movie and a Showa mystery masterpiece". Guessing they're hinting at Detective Conan which is still pumping out a movie every year, and The Kindaichi Case Files which was one of the earliest works in the mystery manga genre.

Blog:
“Is there anything you would like to do with the uncollected Chemys?”

The director asked me to look at the Chemy list, and the first ones I thought were interesting were Berosol and Carery, which appeared in episode 28.
Then...

"How about a story like the Great Yokai War, where Chemys fight with each other?"
“Stars Chemys are also interesting, with people like Onmyoji working as messengers.”

With the Chemys decided, the director ideas dropped like falling stars.
In the course of that conversation, the topic landed on a certain blockbuster movie and a Showa mystery masterpiece.
Original Japanese Text
「未回収のケミーで何かやりたいことありますか?」
監督には残りケミーリストとにらめっこしていただき、始めに面白そうと仰ってくださったのが、28話に登場したベロソルとケアリー。
すると……

「ケミー同士がぶつかり合う妖怪大戦争みたいな話はどうだろうか?」
「星のケミーもおもしろいですね、陰陽師みたいな人が使役してたり」

といったようにケミーの存在をきっかけに監督からアイデアの星のようにウルトラ降り注ぎます。
その会話の流れで、某大ヒット映画だったり、昭和の大名作ミステリだったりが登場したというわけです。
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Huh, it seems like your bog standard mystery setup for sure. But it's kidn of weird that the A plot and B plot are so disconnected that the B plot doesn't really start till the end of the A plot's resolution. Unless the land sharks come back and have a bigger role next ep?
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

This episode was clearly based on the American show "The Scooby Doo Mysteries".

Shaggy: Houtarou
Daphny: Osaka Beauty
Velma: Honor Student-chan
Scooby: Hopper
Fred: Sabimaru

In the second part of this arc Sabimaru shows up to help capture the real bad guy. However, Sabi has to pull off two different masks to find out the bad guy's real identity (the evil land developer who hired the two goons). Also in the second part there will be a scene in a hall where people randomly enter and exit from doors. Also, Renge will be kidnapped.

This was a 5 episode for me since they were ripping something off other than pokemon, digimon, sailor moon, and yu-gi-oh.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

takenoko wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:10 pmAtropos in her contractually obligated appearance? (I thought people being evil was enough for Chemys to get corrupted on their own?)
I think they would become regular Malgrams but they wouldn't be stained in gold unless Atropos was there.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Just how big/long is that academy hall set?! I'm sure they started at the very beginning and went to the very end, but that still felt rather long for a Kamen Rider set.:shock:

As for this episode itself, hijinks ensued. Coming off of the previous arc, I can see why they're taking a breather. Still, it's not a particularly good character focus episode, either.
takenoko wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:10 pm Someone's having fun filming in a different location
Yep. It's clearly field trip time on Uncle Toei's dime.:lol:
Why is Kajiki here? Does he have a contractual number of episodes?
You jest. But there's a good chance he in fact does, in order to ensure availability. For better or worse (mostly the latter), he is this series designated comic relief.
Rinne, get off people guiding duty and transform already. Do we have a word for characters stuck on evacuation jobber work?
"Secondary characters"
I guess we need another episdoe to show of Platinum Gotchard
Purely my own two-cents here, but I don't feel like this episode even did a good job showing off the new form. Mostly because it was Gotchard fighting level 1 and 2 chemys.
RoxasXIII wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:28 am
HowlingSnail wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:27 am Yo Rinne, did you leave your driver at home or something? Fight!

I think she left her ring in the base for charging

seems forgot to take it again
Nah, she definitely took it with her. You can just see her grab it at 08:28.
Yaiba wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am According to the Production blog, the tone of this 2-parter might be based as a detective mystery story, saying it was inspired by "a certain blockbuster movie and a Showa mystery masterpiece". Guessing they're hinting at Detective Conan which is still pumping out a movie every year, and The Kindaichi Case Files which was one of the earliest works in the mystery manga genre.
Once again, thanks for the cliff notes and translation of the production blog, Yaiba.:)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>As for this episode itself, hijinks ensued. Coming off of the previous arc, I can see why they're taking a breather. Still, it's not a particularly good character focus episode, either.

This is Inoue Akiko's third story arc. She also wrote the ep where Majade is introduced to the TV series, and the zukyumpire arc. Basically it sounds like anything about Rinne or Renge is going to her
"Secondary characters"

Rinne stop being a secondary character. Renge and Kajiki are right there

Return to “Kamen Rider Gotchard”