My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Boonboomger 07 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.42 out of 5 (12 votes)

Maybe don't let the robot do your cooking

Jou looks like he's ready to paint your house. He's got suspenders on top of a shirt that's on top of an undershirt. What is going on?

I can't stop looking at the bar over Boon's head now that I've noticed it

Maybe the interlacing is too small for most people to notice?

What was that reaction from Mira when Taiya said he couldn't go

They're in Japan. People dress like robots all the time

Oh yeah, Tex Rex is definitely Red's rival

I wasn't imagining it, Rex definitely overemphasizes Gyahsoline

I tried to find the best representation of the pararira sound effect, I think this is it. It's supposed to be the horn played by a motorcycle:
https://youtu.be/5macZj5NNtY?si=j-ZZ52UmexbKeVNi&t=452

Oh hey, Toei decided to spell it axe instead of ax this time

I never realized before how small Genba is. Handing him a box the same size as him really didn't help with that image. It's a bit disconcerting to see him so thrown off like this. Normally he's the cool guy who's always got the right item or catchphrase for the situation

Wow so many lost children. Japan, why are you losing so many children?

What, you can just walk around the lunch one. You're not even trying now. It is pretty funny to see a monster that's mainly interested in being annoying than life threatening though

did they cgi the fall? I mean, if it's safer for the suit actors good, but stilll... Love that pink sounds genuinely mad about it. Come on guys, you can splat on a wall better than that!

lol, he had the tramopoline all ready

Come on, use those big arm shields to block man

What was he going to do with that shield? I want to see

Are they in mirror world? Why's that ramen sign backwards?

So Genba's changer is the same as Jou's after all. Disappointing

Gotta love orange's casual posing

Hm, what's that thing turning as they go by the BoonBoom cars?

When shovel is racing, it looks like the shovel part doesn't move at all

Two cars just to reenforce the right arm. Interesting

That was fun. Now that all five members are official Boonboomgers, looking forward to see the story telling scale up to match
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Pronouns: Male

Re: Boonboomger 07 discussion thread

Post by HowlingSnail »

Boondorio has a waifu.

7 episodes in, we finally have the advertised core team. That's a record.
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:43 pm did they cgi the fall? I mean, if it's safer for the suit actors good, but stilll... Love that pink sounds genuinely mad about it. Come on guys, you can splat on a wall better than that!
The skid is the issue. Safety is one thing, but I imagine doing a skid like that so smoothly would be a pain, unless you're gonna recreate this Brainiac experiment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxAsIGfM4Gk

I imagine it would also be tough to do without damaging the suits.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga
Quote: Avatar artist:
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/17930035

Post by Yaiba »

It'd be funny if BoonBoom Shovel had a dent on the side because Boonderio said he fell in love.

Cute that they drew Boonderio's "cap" on the actual cap. If he pulled the cap backwards it'd be a homage to Ash Ketchum.

The Gurumaa getting stuck in the narrow ally walls because its hands were comically big was hilarious.

Is... is there a meaning of tying two lollypops on the bottle of tea?

So Genba likes to observe them, and being a BoonBoomger gave him the best position to observe. But he didn't have anything to do with construction vehicles, so his theming was strange. Unless later on it'll review he grew up in a construction site or something.

The idea of Boonboomgers was a collection of people with different jobs: A courier, an informant, a driver, a policeman, and a supplier. I love how unsynchronized their rollcall poses were.

BoonBlack did the "BoonBoom Car Set" motion even though he's not holding one.

Someone had too much fun and went overboard with Robo Builder's contraction background set.

I guess if you say "Bei Bei" quickly, it sounds like "Baby"?

Okay, that haiku font was just Saru Brother's haiku font.

The million dollar question: Will Berora play an important role later? Will she be the catalyst to Boonderio's power-up form??

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Pronouns: Toast
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Tea with lollipops?
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Maybe that's his secret supply of lollipops?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

The tea is just a parody of Oi Ocha, I think the lollipops is what takenoko said.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

The plot on this was a little happy-go-lucky. But not bad overall. Between this and Black's intro episode, this is arguably the stronger one of the two despite not taking things nearly as seriously.

For better or worse, this episode doesn't put a lot of effort into justifying why Orange needs to join the team right now. Hell, it doesn't even justify why he wants to join the team right now, besides his mysterious "I got to do what I wanted to." He's basically getting drafted by Taiya, and this episode runs with it.

One thing that's interesting about this show is, atypically for a Sentai, how cool (in a level-headed sense) most of the characters are. Taiya, Ishirou, and Genba are all very cool characters, with Genba being the coolest of them. Compared to more bombastic series where EVERYONE IS YELLING AT THE TOP OF THEIR LUNGS, it's a nice change. Conversely, as the hyper nine-year-old of the group, it makes Mira stand out a bit - and not always for the better - but for how silly the show is overall, I appreciate that not everyone is not running at 11-out-of-10 energy levels at all times.

And I've never noticed this until now, but they've filmed multiple versions of the stock miniature footage for the vehicles rolling out of their storage bay. We've seen blue and pink's vehicles up front, the police vehicles up front, and now the construction vehicles up front. Though they only seem to have made one version of the stock CGI footage once they're on the road...
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:43 pm Maybe don't let the robot do your cooking
Can the robot even taste what he's cooking?
Jou looks like he's ready to paint your house. He's got suspenders on top of a shirt that's on top of an undershirt. What is going on?
RIght? We're 3 weeks in; the overalls are still bugging me. Everyone else looks fashionable except Jou.
I never realized before how small Genba is. Handing him a box the same size as him really didn't help with that image. It's a bit disconcerting to see him so thrown off like this. Normally he's the cool guy who's always got the right item or catchphrase for the situation
Is he all that small? He's shorter than Taiya's actor for sure. But otherwise, Sentai actors tend to be average-to-above in height.
What, you can just walk around the lunch one. You're not even trying now. It is pretty funny to see a monster that's mainly interested in being annoying than life threatening though
Say what you want. But when you get between someone and their lunch, then it has become personal! :twisted:
Hm, what's that thing turning as they go by the BoonBoom cars?
Some sort of starting lights, ala car races? I'm not too sure myself.
I might have been discombobulated when I posted the torrents, so if you use a RSS feed auto downloader and stuff got messed up, apologies! To be fair, it's pretty amazing that I messed it up as badly as I did. Like it was some pretty confused work.
Alright, now I have to ask: just what did you do, Takenoko? :lol:
HowlingSnail wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:03 am
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:43 pm did they cgi the fall? I mean, if it's safer for the suit actors good, but stilll... Love that pink sounds genuinely mad about it. Come on guys, you can splat on a wall better than that!
The skid is the issue. Safety is one thing, but I imagine doing a skid like that so smoothly would be a pain, unless you're gonna recreate this Brainiac experiment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxAsIGfM4Gk

I imagine it would also be tough to do without damaging the suits.
Aye. If this was outdoors (e.g. the quarry), they'd use wires to pull that off. But there's no way to do it indoors in a location like that.
Yaiba wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:01 am The idea of Boonboomgers was a collection of people with different jobs: A courier, an informant, a driver, a policeman, and a supplier. I love how unsynchronized their rollcall poses were.
I must be missing something here. Their roll call was stock footage; it seemed perfectly in sync to me?
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi

Post by Yaiba »

Maybe unsynchronized isn't the right word. Unaligned? Not matching?

I'm taking about this where everyone's just doing their own poses without a unified team pose.

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Alright, now I have to ask: just what did you do, Takenoko? :lol:

I normally release both riders and both sentais. But instead of doing the 1080 rider, I did the boonboom torrent instead. Then I did boonboom but the boonboom torrent didn't work since it was already in the database. So I had to rename t hings, for a bit two of them were named the same thing but was the wrong resolution. Then I had to upload the final rider torrent
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Yaiba wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:42 am Maybe unsynchronized isn't the right word. Unaligned? Not matching?

I'm taking about this where everyone's just doing their own poses without a unified team pose.
Ahh, I get you now. Yeah, you're right, it's very fitting that each of them have distinct poses. :)
dekacardz
Infinity
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by dekacardz »

As soon as I said "Lunch Block", I thought "them's fightin words". I don't care if it's an alien concrete wall monster. I would have then picked up my lunch and found somewhere else to eat.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

You're not yourself when you're hangry