King-Ohger 3 Episode Finale director's cut

It's good to be the king
Forum rules

King-Ohger Wiki Link

< DonBros |Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger | ??? >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

King-Ohger 3 Episode Finale director's cut

Post by takenoko »

https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ohsama_Se ... g-Ohger_48
https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ohsama_Se ... g-Ohger_49
https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ohsama_Se ... g-Ohger_50

These are the last three episodes? I forgot that the big destructive event had already ahppened

You'd think that the big bad being his dad would have a weightier Darth Vader moment for Gira. But Luke Skywalker Gira ain't

What if the rulers didn't all own matching luggage? They'd probably never have thought to open their care packages if the royal doohicky were in Yanma's gym bag or something

What even was king bee's kingly symbol?

Commence operation enduring victory

Wait, how is Jeremie fighting. Doesn't his bug guy have his transformation device?

Man, streaming really doesn't love smoke does it?

At the 21 minute mark. Did they add anything yet?

Man, these long gaps where the opening would have been sure don't help make this feel like one big cohesive thing rather than 3 obvious separate episodes

Yes yes, we saw Gira stumbling through the rubble 20 minutes ago. I guess we're just going to watch it again

Oh man. I never noticed before how funny the greenscreening is when they're laying on top of the green screen

I'm still baffled by why they'd send up the castle just to drop it only to show up a minujte later

Did they add a sound effect of people walking to make it sound like there's more people

Is that far shot new? To make it look like there's more than 100 people on Chikyuu?

Oh it's his bee locket. 2000 years is a long time, and no one knew those things were precious. What if one of these guys left it in the bathroom or something?

Wow, what the heck are these hackers doing here?

How are these agraian farmers going to deal with flying bugs that are basically jet fighters to them?

No song this time Devonica?

Why is the door to the land of the dead so lame? It looks like a hanger door opening

Still dont' know what's going on with Jeremie's mom waking him up, will not think about it

Maybe we should have had the lollipop scene back when the door to the land of the dead was open. Maybe it was written that way but got shifted in editing

The bones on the door are kind of cool though

Grody doesn't seem too upset to be in the land of the dead anymore

What a twist it'd be if defeating Dagded meant the people all died sacrificing themselves to do it. It's pretty bizarre they can just give their life souls to the heroes with no negative consequence

As much as this writer had a mind for the long play, I won't miss his rambling list of things as a way of sounding cool

I wonder how many random planets got wiped out while these god sized beings were fighting

I know it's supposed to be dramatic, but the far shot makes it look like the robot is just fucking dagded to death against that wall

So when the robot is god sized, were they also god sized, or were they the same size but all the robot around them was god sized?

Maybe the super robot wouldn't have disenegrated if you let Racles and his cool black robot combine with yours

lord bee stands on the windows wallpaper

Oh right, they're evacuating yet again for the new threat

Edit: I don't think I noticed a single new thing. I didn't retime this, but if Yaiba hadn't asked me to translate new lines, I wouldn't have even guessed there were new lines. I'm guessing most of the new footage was from the Avengers level battle?

Like why 3 episodes? This could have been two episodes since that seems like where most of the cutting room floor stuff was. The story about the people deciding to go back for their rulers is good, but I still remember it from when I watched it the first time. If the concern is people won't figure out the last two episodes as a DC without the context, then that's silly for the finale of a 50 episode show
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga
Quote: Avatar artist:
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/17930035

Re: King-Ohger 3 Episode Finale director's cut

Post by Yaiba »

First episode had no new scenes.

Second episode new scenes:
- the rulers being evacuated
- the researcher kid had more banter with Nkosopa
- Gira asked Devonica about Rhyniol
- Jeremie confirmed his promise with Deznarok
- Geroujiimu's self-validation little speech (this was most baffling to me)
- the former rulers defending the current ones from the Jester while they eat

Third episode new scenes:
- Dagdedo had extra lines when he went back to his room
- Gira asking the people to help clean up
- epilogue's pacing was longer so the dialogs don't overlap each others too much

=========

I love medieval-style battles and couldn't get enough of the second episode. The added scenes just made it better.

The only scene I missed was the epic preview in ep 49, but it was set up in a way to answer Dagdedo's question anyway, which in here it led straight to the roll call.

New/old scenes I find interesting:

When Raclus and the aides were debating in the forest, in the background that Shugoddom loudmouth looked bored while the others looked concerned. It wasn't out of character for him, but knowing the truth later it made even more sense. I'm impressed with the attention to detail.

We actually saw the rulers being evacuated. Rita got the over the shoulder carry?!

When the current rulers were eating, the former rulers protected them from the Jesters. It showed a stark contrast to the party in the foreground while a battle raged in the background.

From the plot's point of view, Rhyniol needed to show up late, otherwise the battle would be over in seconds. In universe, Devonica couldn't find him because Dagdedo blasted him at the end of the movie and he was probably still recovering from that. It's might also be the reason he didn't have his sword and needed to pick one up in the battlefield.

At the end, when they were making onigiri at Ishabaana, the maids were taking credits for the nice-looking onigiri. The chef was annoyed he didn't get the credit because he was the one who made them.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>First episode had no new scenes.

/me slaps his forehead

>When Raclus and the aides were debating in the forest, in the background that Shugoddom loudmouth looked bored while the others looked concerned. It wasn't out of character for him, but knowing the truth later it made even more sense. I'm impressed with the attention to detail.

Shugoddom loudmouth is a good nickname for him

>From the plot's point of view, Rhyniol needed to show up late, otherwise the battle would be over in seconds. In universe, Devonica couldn't find him because Dagdedo blasted him at the end of the movie and he was probably still recovering from that. It's might also be the reason he didn't have his sword and needed to pick one up in the battlefield.

Yeah, I also was thinking "Oh, that must be the reason she can't find him". It's a little plot hole filling, which is nice. Doesn't he pick up Ohgercalibur Zero because that's his sword? I thought all the Ohgercalibur used by the Ohgers were made by Yanma who based it off that

>At the end, when they were making onigiri at Ishabaana, the maids were taking credits for the nice-looking onigiri. The chef was annoyed he didn't get the credit because he was the one who made them.

good catch since I didn't even notice the guy was there in the corner. that's the moment head maid was glaring at Sebastian. It's funny that a guy who gets so little characterization has the one thing is that he's a glutton (but also like really bishy when he takes off his old man makeup?)
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

takenoko wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 2:31 am Wait, how is Jeremie fighting. Doesn't his bug guy have his transformation device?
Jeremie's transformation device is his sword, the Kumonoslayer. What he left for Gerojiimu was his gun, the Venomix Shooter. Different items.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Huh, you'd think the memento of his mom would be the transformation device since it seems more important

Return to “Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger”