My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Boonboomger 14 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.2 out of 5 (5 votes)

Mira is Boom Aqua today

How many part time jobs does she have. Come on Taiya, use your bezos bucks to give a girl a working wage

lol yalcar just turns over. I guess that's not a problem since he's not a turtle

wtf, why si the monster so cool looking? Did they steal him from a pirates of the carribean set?

Gotta love Shashiro just genuinely enjoying the animal show

Wow where did they find this filming spot? It's a pretty cool abandoned building. I hope we get to see more of blue's spy suit. He looks a bit too much like a soldier than an info spy though

Those are some nice shots of fishies

pararira pararira

man they exploded the heck out of those miniature cars lol

I really like blue and pink's teamup the best for this series because of the personality clash

That monster's voice is familiar

Pretty nice battle on two fronts. Cool to see them showing off blue's moves

Out of season ice skating battle. Pretty cool setup though, not sure if I've sen anything like it in toku

Oh, I guess that's why we wont' see Marine deploy by itself. It's a part of this weird dino robo gattai. It's fine, but it's just a weird head. It doesn't really change the fact that the arm claws were perfectly usable last week by themselves

Weird ending, but otherwise a perfect sentai episode
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Boonboomger 14 discussion thread

Post by HowlingSnail »

I'm kind of past the honeymoon period now, where after being relieved it's better than King-Ohger, I'm now just struggling to pay attention. Boonboomger's not really gripped me.
sixth ranger
I'm really just waiting for Bun Violet to debut so I can complain about his ugly, ugly suit.
Is it gonna be a running joke that Mira keeps getting new jobs?
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I'm of entirely different opinions. I mean not only did I really like King-Ohger, I really like the energy of this show. The choreography of the battle here was just delightful.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Don't get me wrong, Boonboomger's not bad. It's just so unremarkable that I find it difficult to muster any excitement for a new episode, or really anything to say about it. Not helped by the fact I've always found the fight scenes in toku shows to be the least interesting part.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga
Quote: Avatar artist:
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/17930035

Post by Yaiba »

Mandatory advertising for the aquarium. At least we didn't get a random date at the amusement park episode.

Mira is going to run into everyone by working part-time jobs everywhere.

BoonBoom Killer Trailer looks like a train.

There's actual ice on the floor for Mira to slip on.

Lol @ Mira wipping the MOTW with the tire chains. At least they used them in the final attack "correctly".

Lmao the cheesiness of that whole ice dance scene.

Nice call back and closure to ep 2 where Shashiro said he didn't acknowledge Mira as a comrade.

Loving the Three Seaters' vibe.

It must hurt getting rejected by a truck.

===========
Production blog
https://www.toei.co.jp/entertainment/tv ... _3963.html

Shashiro's a really interesting guy.
His main job is a spy, he loves saunas, he likes bean paste, and he has an annual pass to the aquarium. And he's hot-blooded but pretends to be cool...

The aquarium location shoot was the first for Boonboomger and was made possible with the help of TTFC extra actors.

The voice actor of Refrigerator Gurumaa was Takato Yasuhiro, who was nominated by Director Watanabe.
Takato was a regular in Toku shows. This was his first time back since Kiramager's Kurantula.
It's been a while since his last appearance, so he was very enthusiastic, enjoyed the scene, and asking after each take "Is this okay? Shall we do something different?"

The Gurumaa's clear tentacles that extend upwards had squids and other things frozen within.
Please take a good look at the design, as Shimamoto-sensei has paid attention to the details.

Genba gave tire chains to Mira. Their enemies used ice attacks after all.
As expected of a supplier. With the Tire People x Chains, they'll no longer slip!
Bingo!

After receiving such a wonderful item, Mira landed on the ground and said, "Here goes!"
Wow, she hit the Gurumaa with the tire chains. I can feel Genba's putting his head in his hands...
Even Shashiro chimes in, saying, "Hey, that's a tire chain. That's not how you use it."
But that doesn't faze Mira.

Taiya once said, "Mira is a type of person who didn't exist in Shasiro's world."
Shasiro probably didn't have many opportunities to get scolded. Probably same goes for Taiya.

Boondario shouted, "Iron Lane!!"
Hmm, when I hear "Iron ◯-◯" in that voice, it's just, like...
Tomioka-sensei was laughing a lot...I wonder why...
(Probably referring to the Pikachu's move Iron Tail)

The finishing move was Boonnboomger Robo-1.0, which sucked up energy from its tail (I feel like I've seen this somewhere before!)
Decotrade responded to this by saying, "That's crazy, that's crazy" (in two senses).

This showy finisher was of course the work of special effects director, Butsuda-san.
"Let's have a bunch of sharks come out of the mouth."
"Will the sharks jump?"
"Whatever you want."
And that's how we ended up with that effect scene.

But during the post-recording, Matsurika (Boonbario) ad-libbed, "So many dolphins!?"
You're right, you'd think they were dolphins...
When Butsuda-san heard this, he just laughed and said, "Well, it's fine either way lol."
Japanese Text
本業はスパイ、サウナ好き、つぶあん派、そして水族館の年パス持ち、
しかもクールぶった熱血…。
本当におもしれー男ですね、君は。

こちらの水族館ロケはブンブンジャー初の
TTFCエキストラの皆様のご協力のもと実施することができました。

担当声優は渡辺監督のご指名で決まった高戸靖広さん。
高戸さんは特撮常連で、キラメイジャーのクランチュラぶりの登板です。
久々ということもあり張り切ってやってくださり、
ワンテイクごとに「これで大丈夫ですか? 違うのもやりますか?」と楽しんでくださりました。

そんなレイゾウコグルマー、
上方へ伸びるクリア触手の中には冷凍されたイカやらなにやら。
島本先生デザイン、ディティールまでこだわっているのでよく観察してみてください。

すると玄蕃、「これを持ってお行き」とタイヤチェーンを。
氷の攻撃をしてくる敵ですからね。
流石調達屋、タイヤ人間×チェーンでもう滑らない!
一気に攻略だ!

そんな素敵アイテムを受け取り地上に降り立ったミラは
「おりゃあああ!」

すごい、タイヤチェーンでレイゾウコグルマーをしばきました。
玄蕃、頭抱えてると思う、多分絶対。。。

これにはシャーシロも
「おい、それタイヤチェーン。使い方が違う…」とツッコミ。
しかしそんなことでミラは揺るぎません。

いつだったか大也が言っていました。
「(ミラは)シャーシロの世界にはいなかったタイプだからな」
きっとシャーシロは怒られる機会があまりなかったでしょう、大也もあの調子ですし。

ブンドリオ、すかさず「アイアンレーン!!」
おーん、この声で「アイアン○―◯」って言われるとなんか、こう…。
冨岡先生がやたら笑ってたなぁ…なんでやろなぁ…。

キメ技は尻尾からエネルギーを吸い上げるブンブンジャーロボ−1.0(なんか見たことある!)
これにはデコトラーデも「ヤバいよヤバいよ」と一言(2つの意味で)。

こちらのド派手演出はもちろん特撮監督の佛田さん。
「口からサメいっぱい出してみよう」
「サメって跳ねましたっけ?」
「まぁいいじゃない細かいことは」ということで完成したのがこちらの画。

しかしアフレコでマツリカさんが「こんなにいっぱいイルカ〜!?」とアドリブ。
そうですよね、イルカかと思いますよね…笑
それを初号で聞いた佛田さんは「まぁいいよどっちでも笑」と笑っていました。
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Mira having so many different part time jobs is nothing new. They really found a cool aquarium to film in.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

Now that my brain has finally stopped being stupid, I can enjoy sentai and KR again. Definitely loving the energy this series is putting out. Fingers crossed it ends up being a lot better than King-Oh was.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger, King-Ohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: BoonBoomger
Fave: Kyoryuger
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I'm with Mira here: an annual pass? You have to be quite the aquarium enthusiast to have one of those.:shock:

I could mock this episode for the ridiculous ice fight, but in all seriousness, the choreography was really well done. The SFX team is earning its keep as well; the superimposed ice floor looks surprisingly good at points (and less good at other points).

And is that Krunchy's VA voicing the MOTW?! :lol:

We also get Boonboom Robo Killer part deuce. Now it's in its compete form, with evil versions of Off-Road and Wagon. Overall the fight doesn't quite hit the same high mark as last week (in part because it's split with the MOTW fight on the ground), but it's still good to see an extended giant robo fight. And seeing the Three Seaters in Killer's cockpit has made me realize just how much I miss Sentai robos having a shared cockpit for the entire team. This is the closest thing to a shared cockpit that Sentai has done since LuPat all the way back in 2018.:(

Minor grammatical error at 15:30: "How very dare you"
takenoko wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:45 pm wtf, why si the monster so cool looking? Did they steal him from a pirates of the carribean set?
That is a terrible pun and you should feel ashamed of yourself. :lol:
man they exploded the heck out of those miniature cars lol
Did they ever! Though I suppose it makes sense: the Three Seaters are the enemy of the car-based heroes.
Oh, I guess that's why we wont' see Marine deploy by itself. It's a part of this weird dino robo gattai. It's fine, but it's just a weird head. It doesn't really change the fact that the arm claws were perfectly usable last week by themselves
The base issue is that all of the auxiliary cars are meant to be in pairs for the resulting Boonboom Robo form; but Toei split these two up for two episodes. Last week we got claws, this week we got a head... There's really no in-show logic here that I can see; it's just a quirk due to production decisions. I will admit, however, that Boonboom Robo Monster reminds me a lot of Smog Joukey, which is never a bad thing. 8)

And since Toei spoils all of this in the dang intro, that's only the fifth set of cars introduced/used. There's still another 3 sets to go.
Dengar wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:08 am I'm of entirely different opinions. I mean not only did I really like King-Ohger, I really like the energy of this show. The choreography of the battle here was just delightful.
King-Ohger's fight choreography was relatively realistic and minimize the use of projectiles. It fit the theme, but it was also constraining in certain ways. Whereas Boonboomger is being allowed to be absurd, which affords it the opportunity to do something new/different.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

>I'm with Mira here: an annual pass? You have to be quite the aquarium enthusiast to have one of those.:shock:

It's probably a good deal if your thing is fishies.

>And is that Krunchy's VA voicing the MOTW?! :lol:

Yeaaaah. I'm surprised I didn't recognize it

>Minor grammatical error at 15:30: "How very dare you"

nah it's purposeful. The Japanese is a catchphrase for a celeb, so Luna thought of a fitting equivalent. Pretty clever:
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/how_very_dare_you

>wtf, why si the monster so cool looking? Did they steal him from a pirates of the carribean set?[/quote]That is a terrible pun and you should feel ashamed of yourself. :lol:

what pun lol. I'm saying he looks like he could be an octopus from a treasure chest or something

>And since Toei spoils all of this in the dang intro, that's only the fifth set of cars introduced/used. There's still another 3 sets to go.

Ooh, I didn't even notice that. I guess we do see all the cars
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:07 am
That is a terrible pun and you should feel ashamed of yourself. :lol:
what pun lol. I'm saying he looks like he could be an octopus from a treasure chest or something
I don't buy for a second that calling the ice monster "cool" wasn't intentional. :P
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Oh, yeah that probaly was intentional lol

Return to “Tire People”