KR Outsiders Ep 5 Goddess of Creation and the Third Singularity

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

How many times did Kuroto's actor have to blink for this scene

Welcome to gameboy graphics

The height of programming, Dan Kuroto's black donut

Wait, how is Tsumuri in Dan Kuroto's mind palace? And where'd Ark go?

When a fully leveled up character bullies a noob

So we have Decade who can use the power of 20 Riders, Legend who can use all current ones, and we have this guy who can use all their weapons? Throw Zi-O in there, I forgot what his power was

LOL, got turned into a card and shredded

What's this new form? And how is it more powerful than Musou Genm?

Dan really is a looney toons character

lol, nice impression of Vice

Man, look at Fumetsu Genm's shoulder pads. Outrageous

Dan Kuroto's ultimate invention, the hand vacuum

I forget, why does Dan have a weird tattoo on his cheek now?

Wow. what a cool way for Dan Kuroto to die

Is that the real Tsurushima Noa? See, we can still do Zero-One ten years after without Hiden

Come on English guys at Toei. Is there Ark? What's that supposed to mean?

Again. Dead Dan Humagear is so cool. What a great effect

What's going on with Kuroto now lol

lol, Zein sucks. Who loses when they have Clock Up?

Good old jacking break

Oh hey Yuuto. Good to have you bac. Oh he's still possessed

Oh hey. It's... ummm... The Build bad guy

Nice, that was Noa. Yay! ALways glad to have her back

I know it's all playing on nostalgia. But I can't be mad at Toei playing with their plentiful box of toys. I mean we've got Tsumuri and Is here. Zero-One versus a facsimile of Kabuto. Dan Kuroto chewing the scenery into itty pieces. It's fun stuff and TTFC at its best

Edit: If the toku fandom hasn't made a playable version of Dan's game by the time we do our release, I'll be very disappointed in this fandom

Edit edit: OMG, Is There Ark isn't a sentence, it's the three AI's names
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: Kamen Rider Outsiders Ep 5 Goddess of Creation and the Third Singularity

Post by ViRGE »

Well, that was every bit as ridiculous as an Outsiders episode can be.

I have to admit that I wish the overarching plot to the series was more coherent. The series still feels like a bunch of barely-connected episodes, and this latest episode largely falls into the same trap. Especially as we end up with a new Genm form out of seemingly nowhere.

Still, it's hard to complain about Kuroto chewing the scenery. Kamen Rider has its villains, and plenty are more evil than Kuroto (and smarter, too!). But none of them get to have so much fun being a prick. This episode being a prime example: any rational villain would be worried about Zein. Kuroto Dan instead creates a form where he can't be killed, and then even that is just a ploy manipulate a god and some overpowered AIs to get his body back after 6 years of being a digital being.:lol: There is no other villain you can write for where the villain doing something entirely unrelated to the plot at hand is par for the course.

With the focus in this episode on Kuroto, There/Ark, and Tsumuri, this episode is practically the Takahashi Yuya cinematic universe. It's kind of a hodge-podge collection, and Tsumuri doesn't really fit in with the tech-themed Ex-Aid/Zero-One all that well. But having Kuroto screwing with her is as good a way as any to bring her into the fold. She's such a good sport about it, too; she has no idea what's going on, but since Kuroto is happy, she has technically done her job.:lol:

And the action choreography was well done here, too. Random new power shenanigans aside, Dangerous Zombie always made for such absurd fights. Not only does the suit actor have to shamble around, but where else can you get away with a rider having their head on backwards! The Zero-Three fight is a lot more serious and by-the-numbers, but they did a good job making it look like a slugfest. One of the nice things about this series is that without a massive CGI budget, there's a greater amount of stunt fighting.

I also appreciate the symmetry in having all of the AIs team up to fight the other AI. Kuroto's insistence at the beginning of the episode that he's human is almost a throw-away line at the time, but it takes on a new importance afterwards.

I'm not sure I'm ready for Evolt, though. Everything about him makes my head hurt.

Next Ep Preview: The white and pink gashat we see Kuroto holding appears to be a new version of Toki Meki Crisis (Poppy's rider gashat). I can't read the game name, but it has the series logo and main character dressed up in bridal attire. Hijinks will be afoot, I'm sure.
takenoko wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:51 pm Wait, how is Tsumuri in Dan Kuroto's mind palace? And where'd Ark go?
Tsumuri is a goddess and... yeah, I've got nothing for you there.
So we have Decade who can use the power of 20 Riders, Legend who can use all current ones, and we have this guy who can use all their weapons? Throw Zi-O in there, I forgot what his power was
Boring the audience to tears.
What's this new form? And how is it more powerful than Musou Genm?
Merchandising! A quick check shows that both the Hyper Fumetsu Genm and the Zero-Three transformation trinkets are up for sale. In Genm's case, besides giving Bandai something new to sell, they're actually correcting a really minor idiosyncrasy from Episode 0. The Genm Musou gashat was a retool of the Dual Gear gashat used for Brave and Snipe's upgraded forms. Whereas Fumetsu Genm gets a retool of Ex-Aid's Maximum Mighty X (level 99) and Hyper gashats, making it a proper counterpart to Hyper Muteki in both the suit and the gashats.
Man, look at Fumetsu Genm's shoulder pads. Outrageous
That poor Hyper Muteki suit has been repainted so many times now. IIRC, besides the original there was a Gamedeus version, and now two different Genm versions. The Dangerous Zombie helmet does go well with it, though.
Wow. what a cool way for Dan Kuroto to die

Again. Dead Dan Humagear is so cool. What a great effect
Agreed. It's not Hollywood quality by any means, but I appreciate the effort they put into it. Even though Kuroto was just about immediately resurrected, they made the death of his robot body significant.
Edit edit: OMG, Is There Ark isn't a sentence, it's the three AI's names
Nice catch! Even with the colorized text, I didn't catch that the first time.

And speaking of text, I take it you guys are trying something new with fonts for this episode? I noticed a lot of the fonts were thinner/lighter-weight than before.

Edit: Oh, and a really minor typo
13:35 - "There's just one equation that lead to that conclusion"
Last edited by ViRGE on Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>She's such a good sport about it, too; she has no idea what's going on, but since Kuroto is happy, she has technically done her job.:lol:

Tsumuri just goes home to wherever she lives and writes in her journal "I technically did my job"

>The Zero-Three fight is a lot more serious and by-the-numbers, but they did a good job making it look like a slugfest. One of the nice things about this series is that without a massive CGI budget, there's a greater amount of stunt fighting.

I thought the super powers in display were good too. Since Zero-One technically doesn't have super speed (except when he or she does), it's pretty fun to see them use their brains to just predict where Clocked Up Zein would be and intercept him mid combat. One of the few displays of brain over brawn or physical ability in a RIder thing

>And speaking of text, I take it you guys are trying something new with fonts for this episode? I noticed a lot of the fonts were thinner/lighter-weight than before.

That might be a victim of me changing computers. Was that not what the font looked like? Sometimes fonts with same names will have different versions

lol, it took me a second to figure out what was wrong. ah homophones
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:01 am >And speaking of text, I take it you guys are trying something new with fonts for this episode? I noticed a lot of the fonts were thinner/lighter-weight than before.

That might be a victim of me changing computers. Was that not what the font looked like? Sometimes fonts with same names will have different versions
Ah, that might be it, then. A lot of unstylized (plain) dialogue is a lighter font than usual.

Outsiders 0
Outsiders 5

lol, it took me a second to figure out what was wrong. ah homophones
Just to be sure: it seems to me that should be "leads". Since it's in the singular present tense.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh, I thought you were going for led. And it looks like I installed the font with a crc in the name, so it wasn't being recognized:
Linotype Projekt Heavy[68F4D4BD].ttf

When I was copying over files, I used the crc to figure out which files got corrupted (if it got changed then it probably was from the harddrive failure)
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

takenoko wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:51 pm < Previous
Wiki
Next >So we have Decade who can use the power of 20 Riders, Legend who can use all current ones, and we have this guy who can use all their weapons? Throw Zi-O in there, I forgot what his power was
Zi-O is just a bastardization of Rider abilities. With Grand Zi-O, he actually takes Riders from moments of time to use them to attack his enemies.

It's kinda amazing that it took Kuruto to get There and Ark to come together and stop being enemies to each other.

Speaking of Kuruto, I don't like his new hair as a reborn human. I felt that his hair style as a Humagear seem odd which was probably a wig.

I don't mind Evot coming back since I love his voice so much.
TokuGeek1999
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuGeek1999 »

Is ep 6 gonna have build fonts on evolt if evolt is using souichi's appearance?

Return to “Kamen Rider Outsiders”