My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

DekaRanger with Tonbo-Ohger

Post by takenoko »

Wiki

DekaPink has aged pretty well

Why is there a second DekaPink?

Ah boss, still haven't quite mastered the art of moving your mouth, eh?

Shin Neo DekaBase? So new new dekabase or true new dekbase?

dunk on tonbo's hair even more

Is it normal to leave a weapon in front of your suspect that you're questioning? Seems like bad procedure!

Actually, having two Dekapinks is pretty funny

Oh, Ten's uniform is black instead of white

chekov's sword

lol, tonbo's vision of rita

Took me longer than I would have liked to recognize Sononi's actress (I did before they said DekaPink Sononi though)

Weird, the credits list the suit actors for dekayellow and dekapink, but not dekapink 2?

Oh hey, it's the sisters unifnished project writer

this song never gets old
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga
Quote: Avatar artist:
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/17930035

Re: DekaRanger with Tonbo-Ohger

Post by Yaiba »

DekaBreak's number finally got added into the OP lyrics. In the new lyrics they added SIX to the counting, so it's now "Five! Six! GET ON". It's also funny about them sharing a line in a meta sense, because Umeko and Testu are married in real life.

This special was low effect but I can't help but feel happy for Yanma's actor, Watanabe Aoto. In King-Ohger's production announcement last year, he said, "My first love was DekaYellow from Dekaranger. I liked Jasmine. I guess I was attracted to her tolerance and maternal nature." (https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2267827/full/). This whole thing was just Toei building off this statement.

This is the best way to meet your hero. Not in meets-and-greets, but becoming a hero yourself and doing a crossover special with your hero.

So Yanma-kun, she was really your first love in another life.
https://x.com/aotowatanabeMG/status/1802564900772061257
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Pronouns: Toast
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

That's weird since that line literally comes up in the short, I think. I dunno, I think I'd be pretty happy to meet Jasmine. But not if I told the world she was my crush and stuff. I'd die of embarrassment having to face her lol
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Yanma's hair was definitely pre time skip. Also there was no way to differenate between the two DekaPinks. I'm wondering if there will another DekaRanger story.

They added a Six for DekaBreak but didn't updated the line of Five Powers to be Six Powers.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Also there was no way to differenate between the two DekaPinks.

Ten's DekaPink wore black for the neck part of her uniform. Normally the DekaRanger's suit is white there

> I'm wondering if there will another DekaRanger story.

besides the 20th anniversary thing?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well that was certainly out there.:lol:

I'm not sure why Yanma is even on Earth, since Chikyu was decidedly not Earth. But the story doesn't seem to be the least bit fazed by this. And I wouldn't normally care, but it is setting up a sequel/follow-up of some kind (what does come after this?), so those kind of details matter.

Also, for as ridiculous as Yanma's hair is, it's nice that he's back to being black & blue. The blond hair in the second half of King-Ohger always looked more out of place than the blue-dyed hair, strangely enough.
takenoko wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:10 pm DekaPink has aged pretty well
DekaPink has aged ridiculously well. It took me several seconds to process that Pink #2 was meant to be younger than her, because they look practically the same age.
Why is there a second DekaPink?
I'm wondering that as well. Part of it is clearly for plot contrivance (to setup the shenanigans that come from misinterpreting a vision of the future). But she's being kept around. So I guess there's a bigger plan? She was more out of place than the alien Yanma.

Oh, Ten's uniform is black instead of white
Took me longer than I would have liked to recognize Sononi's actress (I did before they said DekaPink Sononi though)
Da hell? That's Sononi's actress?! I didn't recognize that until now! She looked vaguely familiar, but the outfit and the mannerisms were so different that if you told me they were two different people, I'd buy it without a second thought. Man, I cannot tell Toku actresses apart, apparently. :oops:
Yaiba wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:33 am This special was low effect but I can't help but feel happy for Yanma's actor, Watanabe Aoto. In King-Ohger's production announcement last year, he said, "My first love was DekaYellow from Dekaranger. I liked Jasmine. I guess I was attracted to her tolerance and maternal nature." (https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2267827/full/). This whole thing was just Toei building off this statement.
Well, that answers pretty much every question I have about why this special exists. :lol: It's a bit odd to see Toei leaning into something like that, but hey, it was an amusing story that got us more Dekaranger.
takenoko wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:44 am That's weird since that line literally comes up in the short, I think. I dunno, I think I'd be pretty happy to meet Jasmine. But not if I told the world she was my crush and stuff. I'd die of embarrassment having to face her lol
At some point, it seems like you have to be able to shake off being embarrassed to make it as an actor. At one point the guy was sucking on a pacifier for King-Ohger, so this has to be a step up from that. :lol:
Phoenix512 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:48 amAlso there was no way to differenate between the two DekaPinks.
Edit: Beaten by Take.

As Take noted, there is a difference. Pink 2's collar is black instead of white. And in their regular uniforms, Pink 2's undershirt is also black to Umeko's white.
I'm wondering if there will another DekaRanger story.
Surely there must be. Wasn't a 20th anniversary special previously announced? Is this leading into that
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga
Quote: Avatar artist:
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/17930035

Post by Yaiba »

It's just promotion for the 20th movie released in June. I'm pretty sure they were just thinking what else can they put Deka in for promoting the movie, and randomly remembered Yanma said that last year.

By the way, Ten (Sononi) was transferred to Planet Donbura (Donbrothers) to chase a criminal named Inuzuka (Inuzuka Tusbasa / Inu Brother).
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Somehow I missed the necks being different colors in the DekaPink suits but I did notice the shirts were different. Still it's rather hard to tell who's who from a glance. It's like people saying that they noticed Decade had a different form in Movie Wars even though the difference was some dot on the helmet. It should more noticeable from glancing.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Somehow I missed the necks being different colors in the DekaPink suits but I did notice the shirts were different. Still it's rather hard to tell who's who from a glance. It's like people saying that they noticed Decade had a different form in Movie Wars even though the difference was some dot on the helmet. It should more noticeable from glancing.

It is though? They're both DekaPink, so you can't drastically change the suit. But by having the neck part be black, where you're looking at the head anyway, it's easy to tell at a glance who's talking. The obvious color coordination is literally noticeable with a glance

>'m not sure why Yanma is even on Earth, since Chikyu was decidedly not Earth. But the story doesn't seem to be the least bit fazed by this. And I wouldn't normally care, but it is setting up a sequel/follow-up of some kind (what does come after this?), so those kind of details matter.

Is King-Ohger just out to get a collection of all the Sentai crossovers they can get? I mean, go for it why not lol

>Also, for as ridiculous as Yanma's hair is, it's nice that he's back to being black & blue. The blond hair in the second half of King-Ohger always looked more out of place than the blue-dyed hair, strangely enough.

Oh right, they don't go to Earth till after the time jump because of the Space King. Hmmm

>DekaPink has aged pretty well[/quote]DekaPink has aged ridiculously well. It took me several seconds to process that Pink #2 was meant to be younger than her, because they look practically the same age.

Which is kind of funny since I remember thinking she'd aged a bit in the 10 years after

>Da hell? That's Sononi's actress?! I didn't recognize that until now! She looked vaguely familiar, but the outfit and the mannerisms were so different that if you told me they were two different people, I'd buy it without a second thought. Man, I cannot tell Toku actresses apart, apparently. :oops:

I mean, I also knew because someone mentioned it and it was subconscious knowledge. Not sure if I would have recognized her otherwise

>At some point, it seems like you have to be able to shake off being embarrassed to make it as an actor. At one point the guy was sucking on a pacifier for King-Ohger, so this has to be a step up from that. :lol:

As long as we're talking behind the scenes, this is the return of director Arakawa Fumie I think? They made such a big deal about "Hey, Toei has female directors" with the TOQ direct-to-video movie in 2015 and her being a big sentai fan, but I don't think she's worked on anything for Toei since then? She went straight to work on Garo from 2016-2017 with her being an assistant director for Makai Retsuden and full director for Zero Dragon Blood, a series I adore. What've you been up to, Arakawa, hope to see more stuff from you!
https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Arakawa_Fumie
Aeikozz
Faiz
Pronouns: Apache Attack Helicopter
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

Jesus we're fucking old. >_< ...
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Aeikozz wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:19 pm Jesus we're fucking old. >_< ...
Get off my lawn!

Return to “Tokusou Sentai DekaRanger”