My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Boonboomger 18 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.38 out of 5 (8 votes)

Still no Boom Violet in the opening. Maybe next week

Guessing that card is his dad?

Again, it's kind of weird how pink and black still have day jobs

Okay, so Boom Violet's backstory is jsut lifted from Guardians of the Galaxy

Weirdly emotion for two guys who are virtually strangers

A man with glasses, it must be the same kid I grew up with!

Why don't the Jedi, I mean the Boonboomgers always use that light speed ability?

Wow, glasses has really good vision for a guy who wears glasses

Wow, some actual enemy crossfire. They don't usually focus on details like that

Wait, does this Sword Gurumaa have the same memories as the first one? It's just interesting world building, if the motw can be brought back to life like that

Ooh, look at those giant robos swing their big blades. That's pretty fun

lol, the purple cgi clouds behind Mach Robo

I wonder how many more times we'll get to see Mach Robo jump off that building before htie series ends

The stuff with the friend is nice, but a couple things. I was pretty tired of the slow reveal of Sakito's backstory last week, so I was pretty checked out. Especially since it's sort of what we all thought it'd be. I liked the acting for Red and Violet confronting each other, but it didn't work. They've known each other 1-2 weeks? The guest who was the friend should have had those scenes and the story should have been entirely focused on their reunion, with the help of the Boonboomgers

I guess next week's episode is about Tanabata?
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga
Quote: Avatar artist:
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/17930035

Re: Boonboomger 18 discussion thread

Post by Yaiba »

I like this resolution. What Sakito needed was ultimately just someone who'd listen to him and talked about his childhood trauma. Listen to your kids, people. I think there's also a deeper implication in this. If his parents died and there was no one to take him in, he might be living in an orphanage or got passed around in a foster system, which would explain why he didn't felt he belong anywhere. Also, for someone who hated Earth, he didn't suddenly do a 180 to become an Earth protector. He just want to protect the place his friend belongs.

I get the feeling that kid-Sakito actually stole that rare card, and had been regretting that decision. So he couldn't afford to lose the card, and was waiting for a chance to return it.

Once again, Genba was just so smooth. Being an all round supplier also requires the skills to steal stuff from thieves themselves.

As usual, Taiya only accept people into the team when they found their own resolve. He refused to hire Sakito last episode, but agree to do so now.

That controller needed so many button pushing to activate anything, that can't be convenient in a fight.

...Both Gotchard and BoonBoom had something sticking up the butt this week...

==========
Production Blog
https://www.toei.co.jp/entertainment/tv ... _3963.html

The rare card Sakito was holding on was "Matsuba Shu".
Matsuba Shu → Shu Matsuba → Schumacher.
The name is a parody of the legendary F1 driver.
The model for Matsuba Shu was Tsutamune Masato, the suit actor for Bun Violet.

One discussion that came up many times during the scriptwriting process was the Guardians of the Galaxy. The movie is about different species fighting across the universe, and this was expressed in the scene where the Fixers led Sakito into space.

The scene where BoomRed pointed his gun at BoomViolet from the back, then BoomViolet retaliated and they faced each other, was an exact re-enactment of episode 16 when they first met. This was a attention to detail by writer Tomioka.

"That's right. That's why I don't ignore cries now." Taiya said before detransforming.
This line is very important. The past can't be taken back, but now, Taiya is able to turn cries into smiles.
In the actual script, the word "now" is also in double quotation marks. Perhaps Taiya also has regrets about something from the past. That's why now he reached out to help Sakito when he heard his cry.

"No Earthling has ever heard my cries!"
"People can't hear other's cries when they don't have the luxury. But I can hear it now."
Luxury can mean many things, such as peace of mind or good health. In Taiya's case, money, skills, and other such things gave him the luxury to hear the cries of others.

Original Japanese Text
先斗が大切そうに持っている1枚は“松葉 周”のレアカード。
松葉周→マツバシュウ→シュウマツバ→シューマッハ。
伝説のF1ドライバーをもじった名前となっておりました。
こちらは104の松井さん渾身のネーミングです、さすが!
さらにこのカードの松葉周、モデルを務めたのは
ブンバイオレットのスーツアクターである蔦宗正人さんなんです。

ホン打ちでイメージとして何度も挙がっていたのは
ガーディアンズ・オブ・ギャラクシーです。
種族の違うヤツらが宇宙を股にかけ戦いを繰り広げていくその映画は、
始末屋たちが先斗を宇宙に導くシーンで表現されています。

爆炎の中、先斗の後ろに回り銃口を突きつける大也。
これは初対面の16話の立場を入れ替えたカットになっています。
冨岡先生のこだわり、こういうセルフオマージュ大好きすぎます…!!

「そうだな。だから“今”の俺は、聞こえた悲鳴は絶対に無視しない」と、変身解除します。
このセリフ、すごく大事です。
昔のことは取り返しがつきませんが、“今”の大也は悲鳴を笑顔に変えることができます。
実際の台本の“今”という単語もダブルクオテーションで囲まれています。
大也も昔のことで何か心残りがあるのかもしれません。
だからこそ“今”先斗の悲鳴に手を差し伸べました。

「地球人で俺の悲鳴を聞いたやつなんかいねーよ!」
「ここにいるじゃないか。余裕がないと聞こえるものも聞こえない。“今”の俺には聞こえるんだ」
余裕とは、心の余裕だったり、健康だったり色々あるでしょう。
大也の場合はお金や技術、そういったものが余裕となり悲鳴を聞くことができているのかもしれません。
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Pronouns: Male
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Boonboomger 18 discussion thread

Post by Zerato »

I really hope Killer Robo sticks around the whole season, constantly getting dark versions of each of the cars. Too often, evil mecha are only around for a handful of episodes before they're either destroyed or turned good. I think Top Galer is the only exception
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger, King-Ohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: BoonBoomger
Fave: Kyoryuger

Return to “Tire People”