My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Boonboomger 19 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.2 out of 5 (5 votes)

Maybe Shirabe just likes curry and isn't just a robosexual...

Wait, Byundi isn't a robot?

At last, Byundi and his boy are added to the op. Having Sakito just chowing down in the op is a choice. Hmm, they didn't cram him into the last part where all 5 are on screen before the title. The last pose with everyone is pretty well centered when all the players are there. Like an oval eye in shape

Gotta love the alarmed look Shashiro gives when Taiya says Sakito can come any time

The stunt person in the ATM costume has my pity

I hope BoomOrange gets to advertise for candy or an orange drink at some point

Gotta love Violet messing up the team pose

Blue just wants his boyfriend out of danger. Brave sir robin sure got home quickly

Money can be a pretty taboo topic, but they're using that to good effect here. Gotta love the Shashiro basically has snooped into all their lives

Wait, he's only taking the wings? And the wing is upside down on Boon than it is on Byun?? How does this work??

Surprised the episode didn't have more Tanabata in the main plot. Seems like next week will be a more pink focused episode, so that should be fun

Edit: Gotta love that a sack with a dollar sign is so universally understood that the monster of the week has sacks of money bags for legs with that instead of yen symbols

If ByunDi doesn't consider himself a robot, what is he?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Boonboomger 19 discussion thread

Post by Phoenix512 »

Both Boondario and Byundi aren't robots. Bonndario has said that he's not a robot so Byundi saying that he isn't a robot makes sense to me.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga
Quote: Avatar artist:
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/17930035

Post by Yaiba »

Out of all the characters, I'd never have guessed that the mecha is actually the one getting the most character development so far.

The rollcall was so chaotic that even the background logo was confused. The team finisher was chaos and the mecha finisher was just madness. I love it.

It's shown once again that being rich is the way to win.

ByunDi was outed hiding a secret stash. Sakito, your partner is lying to you, you need to find a divorce lawyer lol (/jk)

==========
Production blog
https://www.toei.co.jp/entertainment/tv ... _3963.html

This episode marked the return on veteran director Takemoto Noboru, who has been directing since Carranger. This is his first return in three and a half years since Kiramager.

New banknotes began distributing in Japan four days ago. To commemorate this historic moment, we made an episode about an ATM Gurumaa.

"This time the episode will be aired on July 7th, Tanabata Day."
"Should we make it a story about making someone's dream come true?"
"In that case, wouldn't it be good to make Shirabe's wish come true?"
"Oh, then I'll make it a story that involves Boonboom..."

This was how this story started. In the end, the story deviated from making Shirabe's dream come true, but just seeing Orihime-esque Shirabe and Hikoboshi-esque BoonBoom was good enough.

The script carefully notes that "Sakito's wallet was a velcro-tape wallet that he had been using since elementary school". Surprisingly, he was the type to take good care of his things.

Whenever ATM Gurumaa did the ATM gestures, each part of his sentences starts with A.T.M. respectively:

====================
(A) ああっ、(T) 立っているのも、(M) ままならなーい!
(A) A~tsu, (T)tatte iru no mo, (M) mamanaranai!
Aaah, I can barely stand!

(A) 頭から、(T) 飛ぶなんて、(M) 認めない!
(A) Atama kara, (T)tobu nante, (M)mitomenai!
I don't approve of jumping in headfirst!

(A) あんたも、(T)飛んだって、(M)無駄だ!
(A) Anta mo, (T) ton datte, (M)mudada!
It's useless even if you can fly too.

(A) ああ、(T)とっても、(M)見事な攻撃〜!
(A) Aah, (T) tottemo, (M)migotona kougeki~!
Oh, such a brilliant attack!

おいおい、それじゃあ(A)あんた、(T)ただの(M)的だぜ!
Oioi, sore jaa (A)anta, (T)tada no(M)matoda ze!
Come on, you're just an easy target!

(A) あの、(T)とってもお金持ちですか?(M)もしかして
(A) Ano, (T) tottemo o kanemochidesu ka?(M)Moshikashite
Um, Are you perhaps very rich?

(A) ああ、(T)とうとう (M)負けたー
(A) Aah, (T)toutou (M)maketa
Ah, I finally lost.
====================
Original Japanese Text
あの、竹本監督が、戻ってきた…!
『激走戦隊カーレンジャー』以降、数多くのスーパー戦隊シリーズの監督を務めてきた竹本昇監督。
『魔進戦隊キラメイジャー』以来、3年半ぶりの復帰です!

4日前に新紙幣の発行が始まった、というこの歴史的なタイミングでお願いしたのは、「ATMグルマー」の回!!!

そもそも今回は「7月7日=七夕の日に放送だ!」というわけで、
「誰かの夢を叶える話にする?」
「だったら調さんの願いを叶えるのが良いのでは?」
「お、そしたらブンブンを絡ませる話にして…」
というアイデアから立ちアガった物語なんです。

結局「調さんの夢を叶える」というお話からは変わってしまいましたが、織姫な調さんと彦星なブンブンを見られただけですでにお腹いっぱいです。かわいい。

先斗が持っているこちら、「小学生の頃から使っているマジックテープ付きの財布」と台本にも丁寧に記載しております。意外とモノを大事にするタイプ…!

(A)ああっ、(T)立っているのも、(M)ままならなーい!
(A)頭から、(T)飛ぶなんて、(M)認めない!
(A)あんたも、(T)飛んだって、(M)無駄だ!
(A)ああ、(T)とっても、(M)見事な攻撃〜!
おいおい、それじゃあ(A)あんた、(T)ただの(M)的だぜ!
(A)あの、(T)とってもお金持ちですか?(M)もしかして
(A)ああ、(T)とうとう(M)負けたー
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Pronouns: Toast
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

>Both Boondario and Byundi aren't robots. Bonndario has said that he's not a robot so Byundi saying that he isn't a robot makes sense to me.

They say they're not robots, but they're clearly robots. They even call themselves robos in the giant fights?

>New banknotes began distributing in Japan four days ago. To commemorate this historic moment, we made an episode about an ATM Gurumaa

That seems weirdly coordinate. Tanabata I get since it's a fixed date at least
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

The release of new banknotes has been fixed for a while now. They're making them harder to counterfeit with a whole slew of new techniques and the big one, all the faces will be changed over. It's a pretty big deal so I'm not surprised they went for a homage.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, I thought I recognized the worker lady. That's Hata Mizuho, a familiar face for any big sentai fan
https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Hata_Mizuho

With Deka on the mind, she was Neo DekaYellow in 10 years after among a bunch of other sentai guest roles. Good to see her around!
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Pronouns: She/Her please
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:20 am Edit: Gotta love that a sack with a dollar sign is so universally understood that the monster of the week has sacks of money bags for legs with that instead of yen symbols
maybe it's because the value of the yen is down right now, so by making it a $ it's a visual gag about the MotW having "strong" legs?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 9:18 am
takenoko wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:20 am Edit: Gotta love that a sack with a dollar sign is so universally understood that the monster of the week has sacks of money bags for legs with that instead of yen symbols
maybe it's because the value of the yen is down right now, so by making it a $ it's a visual gag about the MotW having "strong" legs?
lol, it probably isn't, but I'll choose to believe that the writers are that awful with the puns since they usually are
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well that was an absolutely nutty episode; not that I'd expect anything less from Boonboomger.

Having a monster that can specifically hurt rich people is an oddly targeted plot element here - it's basically tailor-designed to get rid of Taiya. At first I assumed it was to free up the actor this week for other things, but despite being sidelined, he's still on screen as much as any of the other actors. His absence is only during the ground fight, which is just ADR. It definitely gives the episode a distinct flavor to it, but unless it was meant as a way to get rid of Taiya in order to focus on Shashiro, I'm not sure what the point was meant to be.

Conversely, this is the most of Shirabe we've seen in several episodes. It was a very lighthearted episode, so I'm not surprised. Though it certainly underscores her role as comic relief.

Jou's actor really put his all into that scene of removing the heavy note, as well. I half expected that vein in his neck to bulge out during that scene! :lol: (And that's not to be mocking; that kind of fake exertion is not trivial to pull off)

And I don't normally keep track of these kinds of things, but was that a new BGM song used in that scene? I don't recall hearing it before.

On the other hand, I'd recognize Datas' voice actress anywhere. Especially when she's voicing another large kiosk/machine. That's nice casting there, Toei! :D

The giant robot fight was also a step above, this week. Now that they've had a chance to show off ByunDi's model, we get a lot more with the suits themselves this week. Though with how monolithic the robot formations are, I'm not sure what to expect from week to week as far as new formations go. e.g. if Boon and ByunDi combine any more than they already do?

Oh, and I love how pragmatic Genba's wish is! No more space people indeed.:lol:

Very minor typo at 14:03 - Please call a member of [the] staff
takenoko wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:20 am Maybe Shirabe just likes curry and isn't just a robosexual...
No, she's definitely a robosexual. Though we'll see if they can keep this gag going for another 30 weeks. (Actually, I'm a bit surprised that ByunDi didn't steal her gaze).
The stunt person in the ATM costume has my pity
Hmm, I'm not sure why? It's a bulky suit for sure, but it's also not involved in much of any hand-to-hand fighting (handwaved by making ATM a ranged fighter). If anything, I feel like the Boondorio/ByunDi suit actors have it worse here.
Wait, he's only taking the wings? And the wing is upside down on Boon than it is on Byun?? How does this work??
With enough thrust, anything can fly!
takenoko wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:42 am >Both Boondario and Byundi aren't robots. Bonndario has said that he's not a robot so Byundi saying that he isn't a robot makes sense to me.

They say they're not robots, but they're clearly robots. They even call themselves robos in the giant fights?
I concur with this point. If it looks like a robot, talks like a robot, and transforms like a robot... And if they're not robots, just what are they? They certainly aren't cyborgs.
takenoko wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 4:34 pm Oh, I thought I recognized the worker lady. That's Hata Mizuho, a familiar face for any big sentai fan

With Deka on the mind, she was Neo DekaYellow in 10 years after among a bunch of other sentai guest roles. Good to see her around!
Huh. I didn't recognize her. :oops:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Jou's actor really put his all into that scene of removing the heavy note, as well. I half expected that vein in his neck to bulge out during that scene! :lol: (And that's not to be mocking; that kind of fake exertion is not trivial to pull off)

there's always his career as a mime if this doesn't work out

>On the other hand, I'd recognize Datas' voice actress anywhere. Especially when she's voicing another large kiosk/machine. That's nice casting there, Toei! :D

D:

> (Actually, I'm a bit surprised that ByunDi didn't steal her gaze).

She does seem quite disinterested in ByunDi... maybe if he calls her cute too

>Hmm, I'm not sure why? It's a bulky suit for sure, but it's also not involved in much of any hand-to-hand fighting (handwaved by making ATM a ranged fighter). If anything, I feel like the Boondorio/ByunDi suit actors have it worse here.

I just assumed wearing a giant box was super discomfortable and hard to move around in
With enough thrust, anything can fly!

but shouldn't the thrust only come from one side?

>They say they're not robots, but they're clearly robots. They even call themselves robos in the giant fights?[/quote]I concur with this point. If it looks like a robot, talks like a robot, and transforms like a robot... And if they're not robots, just what are they? They certainly aren't cyborgs.

Right. Even if they're a mechanical life form, that's still a robot. The only way they're not robots is if they're like Evas and they're actually something organic under the mecha shell
takenoko wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 4:34 pm Oh, I thought I recognized the worker lady. That's Hata Mizuho, a familiar face for any big sentai fan
Huh. I didn't recognize her. :oops:

it has been like seven years since her last toku appearance
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

really enjoying the series, i cant say it enough.

interesting they went the Mega Silver way of having Boondorio and ByunDi combine.....

my take on Boon and ByunDi is this:

Boon is the 1980/90s style of transformer when Toei was doing the Transformers anime series. He's almost right out of Victory Masterforce.

ByunDi on the other hand looks very much like he is on out Transformers IDW style of Transformers. his bot mode kinda resembles war for cybertron seige line Astrotrain.

but the show feels so classic. I dont even mind the suits anymore, because they are so cool, and while off putting at first the design comes so into play.

ByunViolet though ... RIGHT. his everything takes so long yet he is the fastest of them? his henshin is so extra and again, LONG, jeez ... but im sure ill get used to him too!

Return to “Tire People”