Train man
Pronouns: Male
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Re: KR 555 20th: Paradise Regained

Post by decade368990 »

TokuGeek1999 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:52 pm This should be ‘years’ instead of “year”.
https://files.catbox.moe/4s9kyy.png
Apologies for the late response, I guess there should be a v2 release to fix this line. If Takenoko hasn’t deleted the file yet.

Kusaka says: waiting for years…
spinna
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by spinna »

finally, time to watch the 20 years movie!! (a couple of months late) having high expectations for it!!

*watches first minutes with rena presentation*
wow that was quite sexist. did inoue wrote this
*checks wiki*
oh. that would explain why.

how is kusaka alive? and why is mari with him? he was an asshole and it doesn't appear to have changed at all. one of the best scenes in the series was his death.

why is takumi working with smart brain and attacking it's old gang? this will surely get explained later, right? right???

badly done suicide scene followed up by orphenoc sex scene... what a great way to develop characters i guess..

the badass girl whole arc was to be in love with takumi and just died for him. and then, everyone was just a robot...

old technology is supperior to modern one, just because

END NOTES

I don't really know what I expected from this movie. the ooo was... okay so expected something similar at least, but it's near impossible to take this seriously. it's a weird fanfic made with the faiz character but without the actual themes that the series had. i could probably rant for hours since, even when i have so many problems with 555, I really enjoyed the series a lot and actually enjoyed the character relationships.

one last rant... I really hated that they made the relationship between mari and takumi a romantic one (to be fair, they did this also on paradise lost). it could be read like that but I always felt that the 3 of them have dynamics closer to being siblings than any kind of romantic feelings.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I like how the overwhelming opinion is "What the fuck Orphenoch sex"
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Pronouns: Toast
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:56 pm I like how the overwhelming opinion is "What the fuck Orphenoch sex"
Inoue has... certain needs
Androzani84
Quote: I fear that someday people will cite quotes I never said - Albert Einstein

Post by Androzani84 »

Fun fact: That scene was supposed to involve the face actors, but they refused to do it, so they had the Orphnochs make out as the compromise, rather than cutting the scene.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Androzani84 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:13 am Fun fact: That scene was supposed to involve the face actors, but they refused to do it, so they had the Orphnochs make out as the compromise, rather than cutting the scene.
I'm... going to need a jp source for that tidbit, sounds kinda fishy.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

takenoko wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:05 am Wiki

LOL Kusaka is also a robot? And he has a dumb gun in his hand?

Mari, you've seen this guy die like three times. You never once noticed he was a robot?
YES, THIS WAS ME THE ENTIRE TIME!!!!!!! I mean did she REALLY think that Kusaka would MAGICALLY come back to life and be fine working with the enemy he DISPISED 20 YEARS AGO!?!?!?
takenoko wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:05 am I don't understand the ending cryo tube scene. Are we supposed to know who these are? With the fade out, I sorta thought this meant the movie took place in a Matrix-like dream. But then I thought, maybe they're spare Kusaka robots. But the next scene we see President Kusaka, but instead of having a label on his next, his forehead turns into the Smart Brain logo. So is that just a more advanced android or is it the real Kusaka?
At this point, who the hell knows? This was another instance of someone using Tetsuya Nomura levels of trolling just for the shits and giggles IMO...and it's getting kind of old at this point. I mean Geoff Kieghley did it at Summer Games Fest with Kingdom Come II, and some other people have done the same thing this year and I just can't remember who it was xD

Return to “Kamen Rider 555”