Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

We are Class 3G (Gotcha) 01

Post by takenoko »

Wiki

lol, did that banner say boys be gocthalicious?

Here Rinne, stand to the side and look pretty

Oh nice, been a while since we had a character who talked with a hand puppet

What's Minoru reading? something ga kuru futatabi? The camera is amazingly blurry considering how close it is (I guess the camera is focused on his face?). Nice Gendo glasses btw

Hi Kajiki. I see you managed to appear here too. Harima? The one off inquisitor that got killed off?

Why's it seem like Houtarou is completely the same?

Heh, Atropos nearly stepped into the Detective Conan copyright

Spanner being a musclehead weirdly gives him 10 times the personality that he does in the main show...

Book looks like it's The Fog Comes Again (霧が来る、再び)

Pretty funny that Klotho gets to be in Gotchard, but the monster she's beating up was also played by her character

Oh it's Gotchabitious

Wait, this is another mystery story? I mean, you could just tell a high school tropes story, why are you guys always relying on the mystery formats

I didn't catch all the references in the preview, but I'm pretty sure the service, service line is Misato doing the previews from Evangelion

Edit: I heard RInne say Chaos, but I guess i didn't realize she was a chunibyou type here
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga
Quote: Avatar artist:
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/17930035

Re: We are Third Year Class G (Gotcha) 01

Post by Yaiba »

I loved it when Japanese shows poke fun at each other. There were the obvious ones from Detective Conan, going so far to even use the background music. And there's the preview line from Evangelion.

Apparently, the book title The Fog Comes (霧が来る) was an episode of Ultraman Tiga, Hasegawa Keiichi's debut as a screenwriter. Hasegawa also wrote this Gotchard special.
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/長谷川圭一#来歴

That line about a certain star spoiling something was about our star of the star of the star, Kan Hideyoshi (Geats). He spoiled that Ace was a reincarnating character in the production press meeting before the show even started.
https://twitter.com/SKrideraka/status/1 ... 5237321729
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Pronouns: Toast

Post by takenoko »

Oh, I saw that it was an Ultraman thing, but didn't make the connection. Nice catch

Also, sounds like something Geats' actor would do lol
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga
Quote: Avatar artist:
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/17930035

Post by Yaiba »

Just wanted to add:

The door closing sound right after Kajiki freaked out about copyright was the sound of the title screen door at the start of every Case Close episode.

I was trying to remember who was the maternity leave teacher. She was the spy that worked for the Hades Sisters, because she thought what Geryon planned to do 10 years ago could bring her happiness, and then was killed by Atropos. So I guess that 10 years happiness thing and being replaced by Atropos was a reference to themselves?

This was written on the blackboard:
- 石の上にも三重練成,千里の道もがっちゃから (Even a stone will get warm if triple polymerization was used(?). A journey of a thousand miles begins with a gotcha.)
It was rephrased from
- 石の上にも三年, 千里の道も一歩から (Even a stone will get warm if a person sits on it for three years. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: We are Class 3G (Gotcha) 01

Post by Lunagel »

Uhh, that was certainly something. I don't even know, everything is so chaotic and unintelligible I just want to turn it off, honestly. There's definitely more character than in the show, but it's gone out the other side to caricatures.

At least Atropos is still awesome. I could watch this kid all day.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

This is so much better than the actual show!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I was getting major Harley Quinn vibes from Rinne. It's nice that they gave her a different personality unlike Houtarou where he's the same person but very meek. Also it's funny that Spanner saying Muscles remind me of the April Fool's where there was a tool pun every time Spanner spoke.

Lathekis's cell phone is very durable since it was able to block Spanner's sword with no problem.

They could have easily gone with the Detective Conan jokes if they asked Aoyoma for permission like A Salad Bowl of Essenics did.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

With all the anime you watch, I'm surprise you didn't think Rinne was more chuunibyou which somehow has penetrated the common parlance
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I don't feel like Rinne is being chuunibyou though. Most of her dialogue has been her thoughts which kinda goes against the chuunibyou sterotype. If they wanted to make it obvious that Rinne is a chuunibyou, they would have gone with an eyepatch on one of her eyes and speaking nonsense about having the powers of darkness in her eye. Also Suicide Squad Isekai just started so making the Harley Quinn reference might be because of that.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Loving all the drama and fantasizing about being the heroine at the end of the world is total chuunibyou behavior. The chuunibyou thing is having the naked fantasies and not being ashamed about them, despite being old enough to know better

Return to “Kamen Rider Gotchard”