just how powerful is Basco? Rdiculous!

chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Re: Gokai 39 released

Post by chronoxiong »

This was nice fun episode. I enjoyed it a lot. It started off with Gai's geekiness which never gets old and Ahim looking so eager to check out the high school. I loved the team's reaction after she emphasized "Yeah" right before the opening credits. Kenta from Megaranger still looks the same too except for his hairstyle. Nice to see him again and I did like his role in helping out the team. Basco just seems so powerful as a villain and I wonder if he's really the main villain of this show similar to how Long was in Gekiranger.
Last edited by chronoxiong on Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
krsentai
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Doctor Who
My boom: GOOOOOOOOOOOOKAIGAAA
Quote: UCHUU KITAAAAA!!!!!!!
Ore Sanjou!
Wake Up!

Post by krsentai »

I really liked this episode. I practically started jumping around the moment I heard the Megaranger theme playing. I guess now they all believe in the power of the Super Sentai.
Remember everyone, if you stay in school like I did, you will tighten up reality gangstar, 5tigma through idiot hearing, keep frustration clear, patience open ahead, getting away with it lead some distant memory drive, get the message, indiscipline all remains, wish double editorials cover, under stress new canoe.
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Gunzy »

krsentai wrote:I really liked this episode. I practically started jumping around the moment I heard the Megaranger theme playing. I guess now they all believe in the power of the Super Sentai.
Remember everyone, if you stay in school like I did, you will tighten up reality gangstar, 5tigma through idiot hearing, keep frustration clear, patience open ahead, getting away with it lead some distant memory drive, get the message, indiscipline all remains, wish double editorials cover, under stress new canoe.
Oh no you didn't...
ImageImage
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

Random observation for the episode: Damnit Gai! Pull your trouser legs down. Or at least get socks that aren't so loud.

I really liked the fights in this episode, especially how Sally got whooped... and Joe's trolling.
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
DREWdesu
7X

Post by DREWdesu »

Great episodes... many things established
- Waruzu Giru is spelt as Warz Gill
- Possessional Grammar is not evident in the Space English language
- Mathematics is a solar system-wide subject
- Ahim is adorable!
- Basco is a godmod hax0red character
- I miss Warz Gill

The episode was great, the henshin was nostalgic since I saw the PRiS and the henshin was pretty much the same except for the MEGARANGER READY. The transitions on how Gokai-Oh eventually went to Kanzen Gokai-Oh

Preview
Spoiler
WOOO Timeranger episode... I didn't even watch Timeranger or Time Force haha. But great to see how the Gokaiger cameo in the Shinken Gosei crossover worked... its all Timeranger's awesomeness
triple_lei
Adventure
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger
Dreamy: BoukenPink
My boom: Persona series

Post by triple_lei »

Fun episode even though I haven't seen Megaranger yet.

And that is a PS2 at 4:35, ain't it?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It is. What a weird thing to put in a scene?
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Knight of L-sama wrote:Random observation for the episode: Damnit Gai! Pull your trouser legs down. Or at least get socks that aren't so loud.
There's actually a reason behind the way Gai dresses like a rainbow. The sixth members in the past came in various colors.

Another reason comes from how shiny metallic colors like gold and silver are not uniform colors. They are created from tiny flecks of different colors that are closely grouped together. Our eyes tend to blend the colors together but it appears to be shiny because our eyes can still detect how the various flecks reflect light differently compared to uniform colors. Silver looks gray while gold looks yellowish-brown when you try to approximate them with RGB or CMYK color values.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

After two great episodes, they toned it down a little. The episode was ok though.

Basco is too strong. I wonder how they'll make the gokaigers able to kill him. Perhaps with kiai... And maybe Mabe will kill Basco himself.

I want to know what the megaranger great power does. They didn't show it.

The highschool part was ok, but it could've been better. They didn't have time though.
Dragg
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Gym!

Post by Dragg »

It's funny that they show an official romanization to Waruzu Giru's name
Spoiler
right after he died.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

No surprise that Gai hit it off with Kenta. He's basically his biological father. :lol:

Mr. Ooshiba hasn't aged much in 14 years. He looks good, other than the fact that there's a weird oily-looking creature that's taken up residence on his scalp. :lol: Seriously, jheri curl? Whaddup? That was already long out of style when Kenta went to school there. :lol:

Navi's clue was oddly specific. Even more so than the Liveman episode. You had to know Super Sentai for that clue to have been at all useful (which Gai was), but this time around, it may as well have been Map Quest. Maybe the next time they use Navi, he'll actually print out directions to the location along with a heads up on whatever lame lesson they have to learn to earn it. :lol:
ChelseaChampion wrote:Anybody wonder where the Gokaigers get their "newspapers"?
Good question. Maybe a machine on board Gokai Galleon prints them out, sort of like a fax machine?

Regarding the newspaper in this episode:

1. Why was Warz Gill's death reported in the sports section? :? At any rate, I guess we've all got to call him that now that there's an official romanization.

2. In what world is Ahim more dangerous than Luka? Her bounty is 1 million more than Luka's. Maybe there's the royalty factor? Maybe they have to offer a little more because somebody else is looking for her. Dunno.

3. Joe's bounty is 000,000,000 Zagins? Must have been a typo.
Niek wrote:Never expected Kenta to become a teacher, considering his lack of interest in attending school. But then again I haven't seen every Megaranger episode yet.
I know, right? Not to mention the fact that he hated computers in Megaranger, and that he seems to be teaching computer science. Like I said last week, I think they're taking a leaf from Dino Thunder's book with this one. :lol:

Considering Koiichi Sakamoto is working on this show, that's really only a half joke.
triple_lei wrote:Fun episode even though I haven't seen Megaranger yet.

And that is a PS2 at 4:35, ain't it?
Phoenix512 wrote:It is. What a weird thing to put in a scene?
It's not strange at all guys. I guess you haven't see Megaranger either, Phoenix: Kenta got recruited onto the team by playing video games, and this is his classroom. It probably belongs to him.

I guess it's a little strange that it's a PS2 (and the original version of it at that, not a slimline), rather than something newer (assuming Kenta is still into games) or perhaps something from the time that Megaranger aired (like a PS1, Saturn, or N64).

Finally, I really hope that the Grand Power isn't just the fact that they appreciate high school now. I kind of get the feeling that that's what it is. :roll:

Spoiler
I've known about the upcoming episode for a while, I follow the show on Facebook, and the page gives previews of episodes a few weeks ahead.

The Timeranger bit and the trip back to the time that Goseiger vs. Shinkenger, I knew about. But this thing with Gai is both new to me and has got me intrigued.

"If I do what I can... then I can at least change my future". Is that little kid Gai when he was younger? Is he going even further into the past while the rest of the team helps out the Goseiger and Shinkenger? It would explain his absence in Gosieger vs. Shinkenger. Or maybe that kid was killed in the crossfire during the Legendary Great War, or somebody that he failed to save between the time he gained his powers and he joined the team?

My head is spinning in both confusion and anticipation. I look forward to it.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

More Basco trolling. It's nice to see that he doesn't want his robo monkey to be destroyed for whatever reason.
TaelonZ
7X
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by TaelonZ »

I'm calling the Megaranger grand power being the battlerizers. Final form for the Gokaigers!

Cause seriously how many powers have not been mecha powers. Ohranger was the making of the GallionBuster, Jetman's Jet Phoenix, Carranger was the. . . umm. . . whatever, and a few others from older Sentai that were not used in the movie. Everything else was for the mecha. I know it is so because they want to sell more toys that way but come on. Give the actual Gokaigers some love.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

TBustah! wrote:
Regarding the newspaper in this episode:

1. Why was Warz Gill's death reported in the sports section? :? At any rate, I guess we've all got to call him that now that there's an official romanization.

2. In what world is Ahim more dangerous than Luka? Her bounty is 1 million more than Luka's. Maybe there's the royalty factor? Maybe they have to offer a little more because somebody else is looking for her. Dunno.

3. Joe's bounty is 000,000,000 Zagins? Must have been a typo.
1: No answer

2: I imagine that Ahim ins't more dangerous there's just a higher reward for her.

3: Think that's 8,000,000 not 000,000,000.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”