Garo Makai Senki 08 released

KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: Garo Makai Senki 08 released

Post by KR_FIA »

Love this episode. Juuzou would certainly have made a good anti-hero.

Well, this is certainly one unique bond of human and Horror. Generally, we have them forming a pact and merged into one being. For example, the former user of the sword, Ukyou, showed signs of Horror within his eyes. Perhaps Juuzou and the sword has not formed a proper pact?

I think one of the reasons why Juuzou managed to overpower the Horror is due to the Horror spending centuries nurturing him back. Without living blood to replenish its strength, it might be too weak to control Juuzou. It's rather similar to the man with the Horror gun in the first season, who still retained his human self after stabbing himself with his daughter's dagger.

And so, now we know there were Makai Knights back in feudal Japan era...

Edit: This might sound weird, but it is stated why it spilled blackish when Rei(Or Kouga) was cut? At first I thought they are just censors, but it is certainly weird that they didn't censor it when Juuzou performed harakiri.
HIDragonstar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo, Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojiro
Dreamy: Kaoru, Kotoha,Wakana
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by HIDragonstar »

Love the fighting, the sword play. Now that I take Iaido, I notice some things that they do like the "Chiburi" which is a slight flick of the sword to remove the blood off of it. Even Kouga and Rei do it (granted they have straight swords instead of a curved Katana). Loved the Character development, and how Rei wouldn't mind trying to see if he can beat Kouga before he dies.

When Juuzou 'absorbed' the Horror, he actually controlled the Horror. I was wondering if this is related to Red and his ability to control Horror Blood. Could he also have absorbed a Horror? Also, why is it that the Knights and Priests are so separate? Is it possible to train as a Knight, then train as a priest? If you live long enough, can you actually both?

Does anyone know if the voice actor for this Horror is the same for the 'Lighter' of the first episode? My friend and I got into a debate, he says that the two were the same person. His idea is that someone is 'giving horror power' to people. Since Cigarin and Kagematsu were originally in an item then joined with a human and that voice was proof that the same person was changing people into Horrors or giving them Horror power.

Me.... I think he over analyzed too much....
People say that the real world isn't black or white, its shades of gray. I prefer to think its a rainbow spectrum, when any color is dark enough, its black, when any color is light enough, its white. Yet, there is a spectrum of cultures and values.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Yeah your friend is overanalyzing. Cigarein was voiced by Takenaka Naoto and Kagemitsu was Nishi Rintarou, the latter of which was Doukoku in Shinkenger.
Igarashi_Kiriiga
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Dreamy: Saejima Kouga
Favorite Actor?: I can't choose!
My boom: GARO
Quote: "saisho ni itte oku, ore wa tsuyoi jyanai. Ore wa tsugoku tsuyoi" aka "let me tell you from the start, I am not strong. I am very strong"

Post by Igarashi_Kiriiga »

i swear this episode could make anyone squeel in delight. Rei's action was AWESOME ! And Igari Juuzou's sword fight, samurai code, honour, and dignity is just waaayyyyy awesome! I decided he will be one of my all time fave.

and i do agree on what rei said that they weren't suppose to be fighting and Juuzou should've just been a makai knight with his swordmanship, him being horror is just a shame...

next episode
Spoiler
gyaaaah!!!!a date! that is soooooo a date. don't be a spoil sport Kouga and enjoy it a little will ya? fight that actor later when the show is over, ok?

The way he looks make the girls feel honored to be reeled in
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

This episode has to be one of Garo´s finest, the atmosphere, the story, the swordplay and the characters were just perfect.

The character of juuzou was so compelling, they could have ignored the garo part and just continue his tale, i don´t think anyone would have complained, but Rei´s character was supperb so there´s that.

The one sad note about his endings is that rei was right, a man like him could have been an excellent makai knight, but destiny decided otherwise, that´s what is so good about his character, he may have followed the wrong path, but he was a good man, a man of honor, and he follow that path until the end without regrets.

Really, this has to be one of my favorite garo episodes, the fact that it´s so self contained helps to make it a good stand alone episode, if i want to get someone interested in garo, this will be the go to episode.

Thanks for such an awesome release!!!!
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

awesome episode... zero was so badass that he needs to have his own spin-off move/series...
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Therm_Kitty »

HIDragonstar wrote:When Juuzou 'absorbed' the Horror, he actually controlled the Horror. I was wondering if this is related to Red and his ability to control Horror Blood. Could he also have absorbed a Horror? Also, why is it that the Knights and Priests are so separate? Is it possible to train as a Knight, then train as a priest? If you live long enough, can you actually both?
I guess it's a jealousy thing. The Priests saved humanity from the Horrors in the beginning, created all the Makai things in the series from scratch and they created the Makai Knights to fight the biggest threats. Yet they're considered common support while the Knights get all the glory and wealth (Kouga's treated like a noble and he's apparently rich.) It's been a while, but wasn't Tsubasa/DAN supposed to be a knight with priest powers in BotWN?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That's a good question. I would think that it'd be hard to choose to be a Knight or Priest since a lot of it seems to go from parent to child. Kiba mentioned that most Makai Knight families involve a Knight and a Priest hooking up and then training their kid from when they're very young. I'm pretty sure that the knight system wasn't too different from the actual on from the Middle Ages. I mean, you can't be sent to train to be a knight if you don't know about this secret organization to begin with.
Devilbat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade/W

Post by Devilbat »

This episode was just fantastic. I like how Rei just flat out says Kouga is better than him, which is cool that he'll admit it but sad for Igari because that means he lost to the second best. Either way the action scenes were amazing and the story was just as amazing. Definitely the stand out episode of season 2 so far (at least for me), funny that Kouga wasn't actually in it just talked about.
"It's... showtime." -Haruto Souma/Kamen Rider Wizard

Return to “Makai Senki”