Forum rules
Wiki Link
Shado Kabuto
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz Kabuto Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O Deka Magi Bou

Re: Rescue Force 1 released

Post by Shado Kabuto »

Madan Senki... oops Tomica Rescue Force Go!!!

Gonna watch it and wait my feedback
I walk the path of HEAVENS
Thanks Guile for the Kabuto Avy's and Signatures
thanks bauffie for the sig.
fvig2001
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Cutie Honey
Dreamy: Saotome Miki
Favorite Actor?: Kitagawa Keiko
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by fvig2001 »

Wow this show looks like it's going to be better than ryukendo. I only have a problems with the voice of the girly goon who sounds like a drag queen than a girl anything and the helmets of the rescue force being too small compared to the heads of the actors. I don't think the actor of kozuki rei could wear the helmet of R3 because her face is long. Yes, even if it's a kid's show, they should make it as real as possible... no more CG, make everything real :lol: Lol. Btw, why the hell does R4 have God of War strength?
"I'm going to the States to enjoy myself" - Said by a close friend.
Sonic Landale
Adventure

Post by Sonic Landale »

Well, it sounds like that R4 is like Toei's current Magical Heroine Komachi Akamoto from Yes! Precure 5 (and Yes Precure 5GOGO) in the fact that if you piss her off somehow, you're asking for a pounding...
Artemiy
Infinity
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Mecha
Quote: Big O! Showtime!

Post by Artemiy »

We got two Knight Rider sequels this year! (the second being... Knight Rider 2008) I wonder if Rescue Nissan will inherit KITT's humor :)

The episode was great, just, in my opinion, a little too much show-off.

The villains are beyond awesome :D Takara displayed great instructions on how to make really cool enemies (yea, yea, pun intended) :)

And montage/CGI... well... It totally killed off TOEI's... Come on, 21-st century, Go-onger still uses building explosion footage from 1980... More than that, paper building explosion...

Thank god Kamen Rider doesn't have m... sorry, giant robots (although I would so like to see Denrobo, Zerorobo, Kingrobo, Linerrobo and the gestalt trainrobo out of them all)
Bauffie
Save the life
Dreamy: Nakatsu Shuichi
Favorite Actor?: Matsuyama Kenichi
Favorite Band: Gazette
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hayami's trendy hat

Post by Bauffie »

Wow. At first I didn't like Juri because... well I really didn't like her voice and she seemed so weak. But then, come on, HACHIMAN NO SUPER POWER! Best. character. ever.

For now, my ranking is R4>2>3>1. Maybe the R1xR2 quarrels will make me like R1 more. xD I really liked Maaru from how she looked but... wth, it's a man's voice! 0_o I was reminded of Hikaru-chan... Creeped me out.

When I hear the AI talk, I just keep hearing that voice say "Remote".

That's impossible!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That's our princess!

Actually it's said more clearly in two, it's supposed to be "Kajiba no super power" or "super power from a fire situation". Basically Juri gets adrenaline rushes. Who needs high tech weapons when there's columns?
Shado Kabuto
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz Kabuto Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O Deka Magi Bou

Post by Shado Kabuto »

After watching it man I love this show so much Blue and Red are my favorites and Grey and white are cool too

that's why I like Ryukendo and Machine Robo Rescue so much because of its character development
I walk the path of HEAVENS
Thanks Guile for the Kabuto Avy's and Signatures
thanks bauffie for the sig.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Rei is awesome. I do like the Henshin sequence with the visor appearing like that. I still don't like the main villain designs. It works well with the grunts but not with them. The grunts need to make sure that they allow Juri to transport the victims or suffer from her wrath.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

One silly thing I need to bring up though, and I imagine others have mentioned this, and I know it makes sense in terms of the episode but...

It's the first episode... and in the title, it mentions 'Final Rescue' ... Haven't been this thrown, since the title 'The Beginning of the End'
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Agent8831
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Yuriko Shiratori

Post by Agent8831 »

Well its interesting, but i will watch a few more before i decide if its worth watching all the way through, i guess I'm so used to Sentai that thats all I'm going to compare it too for a while, really it sorta reminds me of Dekaranger.
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

Raida|23 wrote:Anyway, nice first episode. I liked how Maaru-sama [and his two friends] are just puppets in the hands of something big, the one that has sent them the Crisis maker [btw, Maaru-sama=win, I'm lovin her though she's an android]. The grunts are nice designed too. The rescue mechas are very good, some nice CG out there. The team: i have to say i didnt like how R1, the rookie, is the superman of the team. It's a clichè, really. As take said, Rei is neat while kicks people barefoot. If she had a neck too she'll be perfect maybe. The other two...well, next time:-)
Cant wait to see next episode, anyway.

Oh, and DAN DAN DAN to everyone
Im glad to hear they are puppets of a bigger bad because these guys really don't do it for me. I'm of the opinion that the bad guys of a story should be a threat and sinister, something that is near impossible to overcome. I really liked Wolzard and Rio, these guys are comedy value and even then I don't like them. Maaru has an insanely irritating voice, fvig2001 is entirely correct in that she sounds like a drag queen - all three of them just cheapen the show for me.

Having said that, I did really enjoy the show. As everyone has said, the special effects, suits, grunts, and mecha are wonderful, and the rescue theme is certainly an interesting one. Definitely a thunderbirds vibe going on here :) Though as a international rescue service, i wonder just how many of these disasters will be in Japan... lol
I look forward to seeing how this progresses, and I totally agree with you about the rookie taking the leading role, how many more shows are we going to see this in? His first day on the job and he's piloting the mecha (and he's the only one who can... what did they do before? and how come no-one was already in the R1 suit?), he's been in the academy one year and he has access to the teams most powerful and dangerous technique without any evidence he can handle it, and no, its just wrong and dumb.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
joku2002
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Rescue Force
Dreamy: Miu Sutou
Favorite Band: Kutless
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by joku2002 »

This is the greatest Toku I have seen in a long time. It is a instant classic. The Suits, Vehicles, and Characters are top notch. The Opening and Ending songs are perfect. Does anyone know when the singles for those songs are gonna be out because I wanna pick those up as soon as possible.
Prairie Dog
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Post by Prairie Dog »

Seems like a cool show - also seems more Americanisation-friendly than Go-Onger, but then I thought Justirisers could have made the jump to USTV, as well.
That op theme is spot-on - that's the one thing I'm taking from the show straight away. That and Rei.
As we say 'round these parts: "I would".
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Why ruin a good show with bad Americanization?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I'm going to guess that the previous R1 died in line of duty. Not even the suit could save them from everything.

Return to “Tomica Hero Rescue Force”