triple_lei
Adventure
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger
Dreamy: BoukenPink
My boom: Persona series

Re: 199 Heroes Released

Post by triple_lei »

This was great. Thanks to the team for putting out a quality release. Man I would've loved to see this as a kid in theaters.

I'd be hard pressed to find things I could gripe about. Maybe it was for the better that the other sentai members didn't give the usual "never give up" words of encouragement near the end? I dunno. But I do agree that their appearances, well, didn't really go anywhere. Say a few words in the beginning... then look with concern later on... thanks and bye!

I did get a kick out of the seniority and how they were all on a first-name basis. Denjipan was cute too.

And I liked the use of stock footage over reshooting the bazookas and mech finishers. Kinda like they know that we know what they looked like all those years ago, you know?
jonty
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by jonty »

Lunagel wrote: Could they really not reshoot the final attack scenes? It wasn't bad for some of the more recent series like Magi and Bouken but anything not within these past ten years just looked grainy and blurry in HD with their SD footage. I mean, at least run it through a filter. It's really obvious when you've got a black background and you haven't bothered to normalize the colors.
I actually kind of liked how antiquated they looked. Granted it completely broke the flow of the movie itself, but it was interesting seeing the "dated" effects and graininess.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

Sometimes, I think back, to the first subs TV-Nihon put out, and back to when even I first got into sentai. Now I watch this movie and think wow.. it's just a miracle how far this place has come. I'm so proud of TV-Nihon. I often wonder what the future has around the corner.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

The graininess is the only real problem with those old film shots. I get a laugh watching them because the matte lines are so incredibly obvious, but what could they do with the budget they had? Toei wasn't even using digital video until somewhere around Gingaman.

Umeko looks better than before. Didn't age well, my ass. She's 27, she looks fine. Really fine. Rrow.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

One thing I like about this is that there is no fill in people that I know of, like with the Kamen Rider movies.

They even managed to get Akira Kamiya to come out of retirement to voice Black Cross King. I'm amazed.
09MurphyM
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by 09MurphyM »

One of my favorite parts was definately the scene featuring all 35 main mecha. As gosei Knight said, it was the greatest miracle.
chickdigger802
7X

Post by chickdigger802 »

Really curious about the 'civilians' location. You'd think a view from there would be horrible. Like sitting a few inch away from the front wall in a movie theater.
griever93
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by griever93 »

I liked Chiaki's pose during the ending. A throwback to the Shinkenger Returns movie where Chiaki plays a cop. Shinkenger Returns was definately my favourite Sentai movie.

Thanks takenoko and everybody else at TV-Nihon.

I can't wait for your next release
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

I'm with Lunagel here, I was cheering when Evil!Takeru was wailing on the Gosei Angels in Goseiger Vs. Shinkenger, and I was thinking to myself "this is why I love you, Marvelous" when he flicked Alata on the nose.
I don't know why I dislike Goseiger so much, I just do. Maybe Toei was giving their good writers the year off to rest up for Gokaiger? I don't know...

Also, I think Eri's starting to grow on me. I actually didn't facepalm when she channeled Momotaros to decide on her attack name.

I think the scene with the Goseigers stealing their keys back was done early on in the series' production, Barizorg and Insaan's voice actors don't sound like they're into their roles yet.

I enjoyed this movie, although I still have to wonder why Toei decided to do the team-up with the previous Sentai so early in the series. Aren't they normally done towards the end of the series?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I can answer that part. For anniversaries, the versus with the previous Sentai is normally skipped. That's why TImeRanger and MagiRanger kind of got the short end of the stick, since the following year's versus was against Super Sentai. Too bad, since TimeRanger and MagiRanger are pretty awesome.

That's why it's kind of weird to me that it appears as if the Gokaigers versus Gavan is taking the place of versus Super Sentai. Plus it's in theaters in December, whereas the last two years, the Versus was in January. Maybe it's because of the big mashup movie in May?
TankCoyote
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Joe
Favorite Actor?: Gai
Favorite Band: Yes
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: my GF
Quote: GOKAICHANGE! GoooookaiSiiiilver!

Post by TankCoyote »

To add onto m4rc0's edit, why didn't X-1 Mask appear either? He was a ranger, one episode only or not.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Just realised:
199 = 187 'official' Sentai members, 10 extra heroes, GokaiSilver, AkaRed.

To those who keep saying why isn't this character considered a Ranger or that character a Ranger, note that this movie is "199 Heroes" and not "199 Rangers"... They just threw in 199 iconic heroes, that's all. Heck, they could have thrown in every other helper in the movie and named it "2xx heroes" or something.

Anyway, here's my guess on what are the requirements to be considered the additional members of a Sentai team:
1. You'd probably need to appear in the show more than once or twice.
2. You'd probably need to be included in the roll call.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I don't think one-offs count. Otherwise you'd have DekaGold or DekaBright, etc. That could mean tons of extra heroes that most people won't really know because they weren't really that relevant to the plot. All the extra heroes were ones who were regulars on the show at some point. Even DekaSwan who only had one or two appearances was in the whole show in an untransformed form.

Edit: I thought I had included a screencap of the group shot originally. Here it is:

Note, the picture on photobucket are resized, but you can choose Download Original Size if you click it in the menu.
DevGryphon
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: SKYRIM!!
Quote: Define normal...
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by DevGryphon »

zeta_gundam wrote:199 heroes eh...

We have 187 from the ending scenes of the weeklies. Also, this screenshot:
[ Image ]

And then we have the ten extra heroes that appeared, making it 197... So who else did we miss out? Do GokaiSilver at the end and AkaRed at the beginning count? If they count, we get 199...
I was bored one night and figured it out, just look at this chart that I made.

Sorry that it's so small.
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking. If you cheat, may you cheat death; if you steal, may you steal a woman's heart; if you fight, may you fight for a brother; if you drink, may you drink with me.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

takenoko wrote:That's why it's kind of weird to me that it appears as if the Gokaigers versus Gavan is taking the place of versus Super Sentai. Plus it's in theaters in December, whereas the last two years, the Versus was in January. Maybe it's because of the big mashup movie in May?
No, it's not. Gokaigers VS Gaven is Janurary 21st like with the previous two VS movies.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”