Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: 199 Heroes Released

Post by takenoko »

I wonder why I thought it was coming out this month.

Anyway, that's a nice chart, but there wasn't DekaBright or DekaGold in 199 Heroes. It's also missing AkaRed and someone else.
DevGryphon
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: SKYRIM!!
Quote: Define normal...
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by DevGryphon »

I know that DekaGold and DekaBright weren't in 199 Heroes. So take them off and add AkaRed...that makes 198

Spoiler
Could the last one be Ninjaman?

Glad you like the chart!
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking. If you cheat, may you cheat death; if you steal, may you steal a woman's heart; if you fight, may you fight for a brother; if you drink, may you drink with me.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

DevGryphon wrote:I know that DekaGold and DekaBright weren't in 199 Heroes. So take them off and add AkaRed...that makes 198

Spoiler

Glad you like the chart!
Nice chart. btw, I doubt Ninjaman is included. He doesn't make an appearance in the Great War, therefore his power isn't transformed into a key and scattered across the space.

Yeah, a lot of people hate Goseiger, especially in this movie. We get it. Stop whining.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

DevGryphon wrote:I know that DekaGold and DekaBright weren't in 199 Heroes. So take them off and add AkaRed...that makes 198

Spoiler

Glad you like the chart!
Your chart is at 200 with Gold and Bright. Remove them and add AkaRed, gives you 199.
Ryousha
7X
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Kiva, Kamen Ride: Emperor"

Post by Ryousha »

dancercotillion wrote:

Spoiler

Glad you like the chart!
Your chart is at 200 with Gold and Bright. Remove them and add AkaRed, gives you 199.
And then add AbarePink and there's your 200 :lol:
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

Hmm, it wasn't that bad. I did enjoy watching it. Although I don't really like the anniversary movies at all. At least this one plays more like an episode of Gokaiger and you know all the previous sentai get a better tribute then a meager cameo. Unfortunately the one-line cameos of previous sentai do not miss this movie either.

This movie did do something that I really liked. It used all the previous sentai as grunt forces. And the Goseigers and Gokaigers had to kick the crap out of them. This is how you honor the previous generation.

It is interesting though, that Super Sentai armor has not changed as much through the years. At least not as much as Kamen Rider did. They have kept the spandex look, maybe a bit more shiny over the years and the colors have shifted a little. Also they did away with those mufflers. But the full armor treatment has been reserved for the sixth rangers or the extra heroes. On the other hand with the mecha is an evolution more noticable. With a lot more detail now compared to the earlier years.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Ryousha wrote: And then add AbarePink and there's your 200 :lol:
She even gloated about it when she and AbareBlue showed up and claimed the 200th spot for herself. *Poor Ahim. Even in the Ending credits of this movie, she was going to pose with the Abaranger, but couldn't.*

Speaking of Ending Credits, I thought it was funny when Don posed with Sun Vulcan while Ahim just clapped. LOL

As for the Movie itself: it did its job. It was to entertain newer and older audiences, which it did nicely. Trying to put logic into anything is terms for MemoryCrush. Just sit back, and enjoy the fun. I enjoyed myself when Murphy was barking. It was nice to see Umeko still hanging around with him. And speaking of canines, everyone's favorite made a cameo twice! Gotta love the Boss. LOL

I sort of wished that the Sentai-senpai would have been shown either fighting or at least guiding the people to safety. That would have been the perfect chance to show GoGoV and Dekaranger cameos. *those are the only ones I can think of that dealt with saving people that wasn't Tomica Hero*

I enjoyed the Goseiger series and I think this was a nice ending for them.

Gai, you show boat.
KRTempest

Post by KRTempest »

Personally my only problem is they could have explained how Rio, Melee, Gai, Nagato, Mikito, and Brago can back from the dead instead of just saying in a pamphlet I mean it would take what 5 seconds.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

KRTempest wrote:Personally my only problem is they could have explained how Rio, Melee, Gai, Nagato, Mikito, and Brago can back from the dead instead of just saying in a pamphlet I mean it would take what 5 seconds.
Hmmm...

Explaining how dead Rangers are alive and fighting in an army of every Ranger, versus spending more time showing said Rangers in action...

Yeah, I think they made the right call.
DevGryphon
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: SKYRIM!!
Quote: Define normal...
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by DevGryphon »

dancercotillion wrote:

Spoiler

Glad you like the chart!
Sorry, I forgot that I had GokaiSilver on there when I made that post. :D
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking. If you cheat, may you cheat death; if you steal, may you steal a woman's heart; if you fight, may you fight for a brother; if you drink, may you drink with me.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

KRTempest wrote:Personally my only problem is they could have explained how Rio, Melee, Gai, Nagato, Mikito, and Brago can back from the dead instead of just saying in a pamphlet I mean it would take what 5 seconds.
You watched the Jetman tribute yet? It explained everything. Beat God in a game of card and requested to go to Earth once again.

My personal review:

The main villain in this movie gets beaten once before getting enlarged into a super monster,
There are an old toys of former mecha/ hero that a child holds dearly in the series,
The old toys came to life in the giant size to help beating down the super monster,
No one noticed anything yet?

Here's a hint : Dyna & Tiga. Movie. Come on! Am I the only one who noticed this? Or am I the only one who had watched this?
Last edited by toni2212 on Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

My favorite part (I'm paraphrasing, of course):

Alata: Like, deep down you're a good person!

(Marvelous flicks him on the forehead)

Alata: Ow... waaah!

Marvelous: Shut up, sissy.

Such an Alata statement, such a Marvelous response. :lol:
toni2212 wrote:Yeah, a lot of people hate Goseiger, especially in this movie. We get it. Stop whining.
I know, right? I think they're just looking for excuses to hate on the show, those same faults they keep pointing out with their actions can probably be applied to just about any sentai at one point or another.
D_B
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Please delete this account.
2nd Favorite Series: Please delete this account.
Dreamy: Please delete this account.
Favorite Actor?: Please delete this account.
Favorite Band: Please delete this account.
My boom: Please delete this account.
Quote: Please delete this account.

Post by D_B »

Curious if anyone has heard any news about differences in a "Director's Cut" yet?
I ask only because of a reference brought to my attention from a friend. I recently introduced her to TVNihon and Kamen Rider/Super Sentai. Last night she was checking Wikipedia to sort out timeline and details about past Sentai she was unfamiliar with... and in her random poking about she found this tidbit.

From Wikipedia: "A combination of all the main 35 Giant Robots, entirely done in CG, was planned to be included in the climactic scene of the movie, but it was ultimately not included in the theatrical cut."

The citation for this is located over here:
http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/entertainmen ... T00024.htm

Looking through the link, it does seem to state that a super-mecha created from the 35 was planned... but I have not seen any models, artwork, toys or other collectibles of this design. Was it actually created and simply "not included in the theatrical release"? Or was it considered and never done at all (which seems accurate at a cursory glance, but I have done all of 3 minutes research...)?

On one hand, I liked the way the final attack occurred in the film (though my friend giggled and called it "SuperSentai-STARE!"... yes, she made a CareBears reference to our Sentai, but she is adorable so it is forgivable!). On the other hand, it would have been interesting to see just what would have been used if there were such a combination.

If something like this were included in the "Director's Cut", I do not know if it would make the movie better, worse or even go over the line in some people's minds... and I am not saying either way that I like or dislike the idea (without seeing how it worked out, it'd be silly to make that kind of judgement). I am just curious if anyone knows anything about this, or can verify my suspicion that it was an idea kicked around but never actually acted on at all?
Please delete this account.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I haven't heard anything about a DC for this movie; it's most likely they were considering the giant mech-assault vehicle but changed their minds near the last minute.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

They don't usually come out with DC for Sentai movies but I wouldn't be surprised if this one had one come out.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”