Power Rangers Samurai: Clash of the Red Ranger.

Forum for any member who isn't in the NoPowerRangers group. Talk about Americanized shows like Power Rangers and Dragon Knight here.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Power Rangers Samurai: Clash of the Red Ranger.

Post by Kuchiri »

So, I'm mostly a Sentai fan over a Power Rangers. However I saw this Netflix and wondered how this worked.

First they don't have all the actors.

Gold Ranger's morph is really messed up, since they don't have the actor. Also, I don't think they got the actor for 'RangerRed' (RPM Red Ranger/Scott).

They combined the team-up movie with the other Shinkenger Movie, and a regular episode from SHinkenger.

Other than that. It could be worse I guess. The Hyper Shinken-Red (MegaMode) Is really badass looking considering the regular MegaMode is really out of place.

Aside from that most of the scenes between the reds are really out of place since 'RangerRed' never demorphs.
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games

Re: Power Rangers Samurai: Clash of the Red Ranger.

Post by Gunzy »

Most of the complaints you have stem from the fact that when Saban planned on shooting sad special the majority of RPMs cast wasn't able to reprise their roles that's why Eka Darville was just their voice wise plus Skyler was out working on his studio album at the time before they started recording it. It kinda would make sense why Red wouldn't be able to demorph since he was in a completely alternate dimension from which he came from but Saban had to work with what little he did have.
ImageImage
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Kuchiri »

I did some more research of it after. Apparently it was a voice actor, not the actual guy who did RPM red. Now I haven't really watched any Samurai (Aside from Episode 1 to see how it was compared to Shinkenger) I also have never watched and RPM. I did see all of Shinkenger though and I was interested how they were going to do the whole duel thing between RPM Red and Samurai Red.

I'm surprised Saban hasn't tried making an all original Ranger team. I mean they tried to do Mystic Knights, and it wasn't a complete failure. They could probably do something original so they aren't forced to tell a story to Japanese footage.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Saban tries their best but... a magic train that takes u to another dimension? What has the power rangers gone to...
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Kuchiri »

Is RangerRed friends with MagiShine?
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

OOOKaiser wrote:Saban tries their best but... a magic train that takes u to another dimension? What has the power rangers gone to...
it has become "Ninja Storm Season 2"! run for your lives!(seriously, this season is a hurricane of puns just like ninja storm!)
well, at least they gave us an explanation, instead of having us thinking that surf can send you to an evil mirror universe ¬¬
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

OOOKaiser wrote:Saban tries their best but... a magic train that takes u to another dimension? What has the power rangers gone to...
Kamen Rider Den-O.

I haven't seen this episode yet, as I am Canadian and our Nick channel is keeping Samurai in re-run Hell, but the series' WMG page on TV Tropes is abuzz over a sign on a train apparently having the word "Decade" on it, which is being blown up to be some kind of hint about Power Rider being a Decade adaptation.

Could any one get a pic up?
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Kuchiri »

I honestly don't remember any words on the train. They did insanely low shots of it. Like shin high. Except for the final scene where RangerRed tells Kevin that Kevin is going to get lucky in the near future.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

Now that I've actually seen it, I have three things to say.

-What was the point of Jayden and Scott faking their fight here? In Shinkenger Vs. Go-Onger it made sense, they needed to distract Bachiido and the Gedoushu while Shishi Origami chewed through the ropes binding Hikoma and Bomper, but what did it accomplish here?
-SHARKS DO NOT HAVE LEGS, SABAN. Also, if the "Shark" disk is one-use only, how does Jayden wring a second, more powerful use out of it when fighting General Gut?
-I noticed Akumaro's counterpart was on the boat with Master Xandred here (I'm guessing he's called "Serrator," going by the credits.), and Antonio was using Daigoyou's in a few shots. Did I miss a few episodes, or did Saban just choose absolutely the wrong time to make this special and it's replacement voice actors are even less forgivable as a result?
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

TheLastTatlFan wrote:Now that I've actually seen it, I have three things to say.

-What was the point of Jayden and Scott faking their fight here? In Shinkenger Vs. Go-Onger it made sense, they needed to distract Bachiido and the Gedoushu while Shishi Origami chewed through the ropes binding Hikoma and Bomper, but what did it accomplish here?
-SHARKS DO NOT HAVE LEGS, SABAN. Also, if the "Shark" disk is one-use only, how does Jayden wring a second, more powerful use out of it when fighting General Gut?
-I noticed Akumaro's counterpart was on the boat with Master Xandred here (I'm guessing he's called "Serrator," going by the credits.), and Antonio was using Daigoyou's in a few shots. Did I miss a few episodes, or did Saban just choose absolutely the wrong time to make this special and it's replacement voice actors are even less forgivable as a result?
Yes, they did. But since they seem to believe kids are retarded enough to need TWO recap episodes in less than twenty episodes or to notice that episodes 1 and 2 are out of order(seriously, doing something like that makes you feel awkward during episode 3)
Anyway, i guess "one-use" means 24 hours or something like that.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

The recap episodes were both Holiday specials though, so it's either clip shows or cheese of such potent stench that it induces suicide in anyone over the age of three.

And Jayden used it in the battle that started immediately after Professor Cog was defeated. And before that, he used the Black Box to go into Elvis Mode. Didn't Saban come up with their own Battlizer for this year's super mode? Was that just toy-only? Or is the Elvis Mode coat going to be movie-exclusive?
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Oh! You mean the christmas special?
And a halloween special can be made easily in something either cool or awesome. Come on, what about a ritual to revive all the defeated niglock, or one of the rangers becoming a monster, or something with children disguised as rangers, even. Hell, i just don't understand why their first idea was to do a recap episode WITH THE DEFEATED MONSTER HAVING A PARTY IN A HAUNTED HOUSE ON A CLOW.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

I kinda liked the Halloween one, actually. Instead of framing it as a "remember that time?" thing, the monsters spend the first half taking turns spinning their battles with the rangers as big-fish stories. It would've worked better without telling the actual ends, which was where that "that was knots fair" pun came from.

I bet if they'd spun stories where they'd won, complete with original-footage flashbacks, it would've freaked out any kids who caught the episode without having seen the others. How's that for a Halloween special? "Happy Halloween, kids! You get to see your heroes repeatedly get the crap kicked out of them! Hurray!")
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

well, i agree with you on that one...it's just that my ears bleeds everytime any of them open their mouth.
that's why i would preffer a story were they come back as mute zombies or something like that...xD
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

Kuchiri wrote:I did some more research of it after. Apparently it was a voice actor, not the actual guy who did RPM red. Now I haven't really watched any Samurai (Aside from Episode 1 to see how it was compared to Shinkenger) I also have never watched and RPM. I did see all of Shinkenger though and I was interested how they were going to do the whole duel thing between RPM Red and Samurai Red.

I'm surprised Saban hasn't tried making an all original Ranger team. I mean they tried to do Mystic Knights, and it wasn't a complete failure. They could probably do something original so they aren't forced to tell a story to Japanese footage.
Tobias Reiss, the supposed RPM Ranger Red voice actor, doesn't appear to actually exist. There's no trace of him anywhere. It seems that it was really a union-dodging Eka, using a false name and only doing ADR.

If they make a US original team, they can't call it Power Rangers. Toei owns half the franchise, always has done, always will.

Return to “Americanized stuff”