Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Gokai 42 released

Post by Kuchiri »

Question? If Don disappeared AFTER killing the dragon, and wasn't even famous or legendary before hand. Why are there pictures of him? I would think he wouldn't have pictures drawn of him before he was 'famous.' If he disappeared after the dragon was killed, how was pictures of him taken? There would be witness drawings to the effect.
redwhitesentai
7X
Favorite series: boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: dekaranger
Dreamy: bouken pink
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: hmm.. I'll think about it
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by redwhitesentai »

Basco immediately withdrawing fighting Damaras is confirmed how strong Damaras is.

I am not surprise we have a cool and silly Doc' background story, and this is really fun.

not sure if this will spoiled, my guess, probably, Doc, probably, was an... actor??
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

I guess Luka and Gai are a bit older than the actors that play them if they're knocking back wine.

Mao Ichimichi and Junya Ikeda are both 19, legal drinking age in Japan is 20.

Just an observation. I've got nothing else to say that hasn't been said.
Flare Phoenix
7X

Post by Flare Phoenix »

Kuchiri wrote:Question? If Don disappeared AFTER killing the dragon, and wasn't even famous or legendary before hand. Why are there pictures of him? I would think he wouldn't have pictures drawn of him before he was 'famous.' If he disappeared after the dragon was killed, how was pictures of him taken? There would be witness drawings to the effect.
Well obviously they just looked at his Facebook account.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Not a bad episode. Nice cliffhanger this late in the series.

I smell something fishy about Basco's attempt at killing the other four. Be it one or more fish, I just know there is something fishy there.

Speaking of smelling funny, how could Don not notice the smell of the Galleon when he first stepped in? Also, when they were attacked, the computer's "OFF" switch was hit? -_-' no one said pirates were techsavvy.

Next episode looks good.

About something that is in the next episode and in a different series:
Spoiler
What is with the Japanese and crucifying the heroes? They did it in OOO-Den-O-All Rider. and now here? Can someone explain to me the reasoning?
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

toni2212 wrote:Dude, stop spoiling.
Huh? How am I spoiling? I'm just guessing, since what I mentioned hasn't been seen as a Grand Power yet.
Kuchiri wrote:I'm thinking everyone's favorite Ninja Star Robot thingy had something to do with the 'deaths'
Fuuraimaru...? Maybe... Or maybe Machalcon tore a hole in the dimensional rifts and saved them?
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

zeta_gundam wrote:
toni2212 wrote:Dude, stop spoiling.
Huh? How am I spoiling? I'm just guessing, since what I mentioned hasn't been seen as a Grand Power yet.
Kuchiri wrote:I'm thinking everyone's favorite Ninja Star Robot thingy had something to do with the 'deaths'
Fuuraimaru...? Maybe... Or maybe Machalcon tore a hole in the dimensional rifts and saved them?
Because what you said is exactly what is heard in the Internet, which always turned out to be true. That is the shit out of me.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Netto no Zen-Aki wrote:About something that is in the next episode and in a different series:
Spoiler
What is with the Japanese and crucifying the heroes? They did it in OOO-Den-O-All Rider. and now here? Can someone explain to me the reasoning?
Because it's awesome and they don't have the same phobic reverance for those symbols the west does.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

dancercotillion wrote:
Netto no Zen-Aki wrote:About something that is in the next episode and in a different series:
Spoiler
Because it's awesome and they don't have the same phobic reverance for those symbols the west does.
Guess that makes sense. Being non-phobic to that kind of thing just goes over my head. the Symbol doesn't mean a thing to me. Nothing of that side really bothers me.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Actually I think it's more for showing off a defeated person to people in public than anything else.
griever93
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by griever93 »

Another Fourze reference...
Didn't Gai do an "Uchuu Kitaaa" pose as well as the Henshin pose?
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

dancercotillion wrote:Because it's awesome and they don't have the same phobic reverance for those symbols the west does.
I'm actually a Baptist, and I'm not offended by this at all.

For one thing, it's not like Christ was the only person to ever be crucified. The Roman Empire did it to hundreds, if not thousands, of people. Jesus was just the most famous.

In most cases that a hero is crucified, they also don't do the whole nails in the wrists thing, nor the tortures that Christ alone endured (like the crown of thorns, which only happened to him), nor the resurrection, so the reference is a bit indirect (if even intentional) anyway.

I can understand that some people may feel the writers are putting whatever hero is being crucified on the same level as Christ, but I feel that (in most cases) no sacrilege was intended. They weren't trying to say this person is a god, they're just comparing his or her unfair situation, or (like in that scene in Spider-Man 2) willingness to lay down their life for the greater good, to Christ's.

In fact, in a day and age where "Jesus" is treated as a four letter word by many people, and guys like Dan Brown are trying to discredit him, I think it's awesome that these writers would compare their hero to mine in a positive way.

And another thing... Christians don't seem to object to crucifixion when it's used in a way symbolic of Christ in our own media (like Narnia). As long as it's used in a tasteful, non-blasphemous way (as it usually is), why should we object to it in secular media? It's a double standard.
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

Imagine if Don was doing a Vash The Stampede, and pretended to be a klutz but all this time was a total badass.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

toni2212 wrote:Because what you said is exactly what is heard in the Internet, which always turned out to be true. That is the shit out of me.
Well, no one told you to click on the spoiler tag. I placed the tag for a reason.

Speaking of crucifying, they did that back in Ultraman as well. I think they did it in Ultraman Ace as well, as well as the Ultraman Mebius movie and all. It's very commonplace. Probably what Phoenix said, it's just mainly for the humiliation of the defeated person.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I also don't feel like what Zeta said is out of place, since the information comes from another series. With a commemorative series like this, it's kind of hard to avoid spoilers from the series that it's based on. It's just the way it is.

As for the crucifixion, I don't think there's a profound reason for it. Its just a strong image that conveys emotion.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”