Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Gokai 44 released

Post by takenoko »

Surprise guest episode! While the twist was nice, it also meant that there was almost no interaction between the Gokaigers and the guest, which is too bad.

I also like how the Grand Power can be transferred psychically. I mean before, it's always been like "You got the Grand Power because I said so" but it's sort of nice to see that it really is as simple as a guy willing it over. Actually, I guess they've done that before when they were in their mecha and the keys would suddenly light up.

Anyway, pretty good Luka episode. The substory with the sister and brother was okay, kind of wish they had used a smaller version of the GokaiYellow suit. I don't remember how they did it with the episode with the kid using the ShinkenRed key.

Gokai Christmas eh. You can see a toy version of the key at Ooebi
http://ooebihara.sakura.ne.jp/

Oh God, is the monster of the week's name based on bippity-boppity-boo? Of course, his spell is based on the word for doll, as pronounced by Japanese doru.

NO, SIR, I DIDN'T SEE YOU PLAYING WITH YOUR DOLLS AGAIN, SIR!!!

Trivia:
Seiji 聖二 means "Holy-two"
Sayo 小夜 means "small-night"
It's team "Holy night"
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Gokai 44 released

Post by zeta_gundam »

takenoko wrote:The substory with the sister and brother was okay, kind of wish they had used a smaller version of the GokaiYellow suit. I don't remember how they did it with the episode with the kid using the ShinkenRed key.
Mmm, I guess they purposely used a kid for the Chibi-ShinkenRed because the kid was way shorter than Marvelous? The girl wasn't much shorter than Luka, so I guessed the writers didn't want to bother themselves with getting another suit actor.

Huh, so they got the power 'unknowingly'. Odd, but okay, cool at the same time.

So we have had all-Red, all-Silver, all-Green, all-Yellow. The all-Yellow didn't feel as great as all-Green... The match-ups felt quite random this time around. And odd that we didn't see a KiRanger change. Thought they would have included KiRanger in since they had Don transforming into MidoRanger last time.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Haven't they done all black and all white too?
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Not that I can recall. The only instances of all-black and all-white (that I can recall) were when there were only 3 members, and not the full team.

The two instances are: (Episode 3)
- AbareBlack, NinjaBlack, Go-On Black
- Big One, GaoWhite, White Swan

I don't recall any other off hand.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That's still all-black and all-white. I didn't say all-black-for-all-five/six-members. I think you're splitting hairs by using such an overly narrow definition.
triple_lei
Adventure
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger
Dreamy: BoukenPink
My boom: Persona series

Post by triple_lei »

So is there gonna be another Yellow episode soon? I don't remember seeing a Yellow Charge in this one. Thought we were gonna have a collection here. :?
Cobalt Zeno
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kotoha
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Fourze

Post by Cobalt Zeno »

"Don't look down on a transvestite."....alright then

All yellow was prety fun, their picks for the yellows were a bit random but...oh well they made it work.

Seriously what CAN'T Gai do? I mean I understood him mixing HIS two ranger keys but...that merry christmas key....why doesn't he just make a 199 heroe armor then, huh?

I was wondering why they were playing that music during the robo fight, I'm like "That was a tribute episode with no grand power or guest? That's weak." but then I was pleasantly surprised...like on CHRISTMAS =D

The episode was alright to me, it could've been better though honestly.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

GOOOOKAICHRIIIIIISTMAAAAS!!

Monster of the Week disturbed me. I really didn't like how they pointed out it was a transvestite and if you look closely at the handle of his...'wand'...

All Yellow was awesome, I think they skipped Kiranger just because they want the long drawn out final attack link into eachother. I love it when Gaoyellow busted out of Hurricanger's screen.

You know I should have called this was a tribute episode, I really should have called it. Especially when Luka said Battle Fever was all about dancing. I actually like how they didn't shove this in your face that this was a tribute episode, I don't even think Battle Fever was in the previous episode's Next Time bit. I like it.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Gai... You really can do anything. It was a okay episode. I like how they kept the reveal hidden till the end. It made it feel more like Christmas. Pointing out the monster was a transvestite was really stupid. Everyone in the world got it... Every time that hammer showed up, I kept thinking "huh, Bouken Black is here?" Nearly the same effects were used. Gai really doesn't need to just sulk when they use teams that don't have 6ths. Just use someone else. I guess the Gokaiger keys aren't linked to the treasure chest.

Preview
Spoiler
YES! Freaking finally, Ninjaman. Now give your damn key to Gai.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Gai's hax fanboy powers come into play again. It's a shame he doesn't use it to combine some powerful keys to destroy some baddies.
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself

Post by Tuss4 »

I flinched at that slap.

DevGryphon
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: SKYRIM!!
Quote: Define normal...
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by DevGryphon »

Catastrophe wrote:Gai's hax fanboy powers come into play again. It's a shame he doesn't use it to combine some powerful keys to destroy some baddies.
Just combine all of the Gokaiger keys into...GokaiRainbow!!!
Tuss4 wrote:I flinched at that slap.
You and me both...

Overall an awesome episode...wished that there was a Yellow Charge with the buster, but other than that, no complaints.
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking. If you cheat, may you cheat death; if you steal, may you steal a woman's heart; if you fight, may you fight for a brother; if you drink, may you drink with me.
Draiken
Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Magic: The Gathering

Post by Draiken »

Heh, GokaiChristmas... XD

Was it just me, or did the sister look really familiar? I swear I think I saw her before in some other series or something, but I can't figure out if I'm just imagining things or not. ><
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

Loved the episode and all the Luka/Gai focus. Everything in it was perfect - Shirou Akebono/Battle Kenya, how the Christmas theme was explored and how Luka ended up protecting Christmas, the use of the MagiMother ranger key, the GokaiChristmas ranger key, the full yellow gokai change and the full Battle Fever gokai change. Even Luka's witty plan was very enjoyable.

What I enjoyed the most was that it was STILL a proper tribute episode, even if they didn't meet Shirou who granted them the Battle Fever Grand Power. The full Battle Fever gokai change and them getting the Grand Power from an actor who appeared in the episode is enough proof for that.

Spoiler for upcoming movie:
Spoiler
but they will meet him soon anyway

The highlight of this tribute character the episode had was when they returned to the Galleon and Don said "Battle Fever's Grand Power". It was just that classic moment whenever the Grand Power is unlocked and they state from which sentai it was, e.g. "Ohranger's Grand Power". It was very pleasing for some reason. Also laughed when Luka said "It's a gift from Santa." not knowing of course that the Santa she had met earlier was Shirou, the Battle Fever member who gave them the Grand Power.

Next episode:
Spoiler
Nin-Nin-Ninja-Ninjaman!
Behold the Emperor!
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

This was a nice episode. Funny how Luka expected a present for Kenya/Santa. I kind of wonder if one of his teammates was in the Panko the Panda costume LOL! Funny to think that former teammates would work together for something like that. LOL

I have the sinking suspicion that I have heard the okama's voice somewhere before... I know it was a recent anime episode somewhere, it sounds distinct but at the same time I can't put my finger on it. Gotta do some research. Going to laugh
Spoiler
if it's the okama I think it is... *Facepalm, jaw drop* Yep, I knew it. Bibabu's seiyuu is the same seiyuu as Queen Ivankov from the pirate anime "One Piece", where he played another okama.

Now that I'm done laughing at that, it was nice to see an All-Yellow team play. Also, funny play on words when Bibabu was saying 'shishi shishi'. If I remember right, Japanese use 'shi shi' in the same fashion we use 'shoo shoo'. That made me laugh.

Oh, and the fact that Navi now has "50" as his bounty, that funny. Don's bounty went up! Very nice!

Next Episode seems to be very entertaining.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”