The original series!
Forum rules
Wiki Link
DARK MASTER
Gao

Re: YGO 5D's

Post by DARK MASTER »

takenoko wrote:I forgot it myself actually XD

But I'm pretty bad with names. I only remember Yuusei's since it follows the Yuugi/Yuuki pattern
It follows the trend, yes, but the creator himself said/showed how the names should be written in English.

Proof > http://yumeoidaku.info/Tarot/21/Atogaki03.png .

And also i remember in places, in the DM anime that the name of the main characters is written in English is written as Yugi not Yuugi.
I wont be surprised if in all the places(if there are any), where his name is written in English in the manga, its like that as well.
Last edited by DARK MASTER on Sun May 25, 2008 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yami no Yūgi's DARK MIGHT
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

DARK MASTER wrote:And also i remember in place, in the DM anime that the name of the main characters is written in English is written as Yugi not Yuugi.
Yeah yeah, I just don't care for the way Japanese romanize their language. It's not a good system in my opinion. Yugi is an acceptable spelling of Yuugi too.
DARK MASTER
Gao

Post by DARK MASTER »

Well yeah the most correct romanization is this way i think - Yūgi Mutō.
But that will look kinda weird.
brian_11dragon
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by brian_11dragon »

that's funny that's the only name I remember to. :lol:
RiderLeangle
Faiz

Post by RiderLeangle »

I saw the first two episodes, its good, although after the disaster that was GX I think they could play blindfolded and it'd seem good, on second thought, that wouldn't work
blindfolded duelist: I'll attack you with this
Un-Blindfolded Duelist: But thats a trap card, and its in defence mode
But still, 5D's is WAY better then GX. Although I still don't get the whole Riding Duel thing, and I can't seem to understand that whole new rules thing, Whats the deal with Synchro Monsters? and from what I've heard about the new rules they go in the fusion deck which is now called the Extra Deck and is limited to 15 cards, Even if the cards in it suck, I'm definitly buying that new Starter Deck in August just for the rulebook.

Although I'd definitly take the job of pro riding duelist, getting money for playing Yu-Gi-Oh on a Motorcycle? Hell yeah I'd like to do that! :lol: . Probably would never happen, not just because of that whole reality thing, but because I need to get way better at the game, I failed miserably at the last regionals tournament, 3 wins out of 8 and two of those because my opponent was a no-show.
ImageImage
DARK MASTER
Gao

Post by DARK MASTER »

Jump Super Tour Anime Lineup

> http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... d-in-japan

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Special.
This YGO! series is really starting to be treated like the normal popular animes.
The only real special of any YGO! Series, if you may call it one, that i can think of, was the Series 1 "movie" from 99.

From DM every other TV special was just 2 separated episodes slapped into 1 for the TV airing. Like 160 & 161 and 168 & 169(there maybe more don't know really).
And this Battle City special that was made only from flashbacks from the episodes up to where Yami no Marik shows up. Aka none of these from DM was are real special(like an OVA or something).

And GX had nothing like that also. Well that was not a surprise :roll: .
Rumia from Janime's Forum wrote:So far, 5Ds has offered generous amounts of plot and development, and has been far from a "show off new cards" type of series. In fact, gratuitous amounts of classic cards have appeared so far in 5Ds, which is an amazing feat compared to GX, which just invented new themes constantly.

I for one, look forward to our dueling cycle match.
QFT.

WOW for the DB special XD.

A REAL SURPRISE also is that there is NO NARUTO SHIPPUUDEN Special :lol: :lol: :lol:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Haha, the new characters remind me of Palom and Porom.

I kind of liked episode 12. It worried me that Yuusei going around all by himself made him a loner, but it was good to hear him talk about bond and stuff. This series is turning out to be a pretty good successor to Duel Monsters (still hate the monster designs though)
tokufan1988
Number 6
Number 6

Post by tokufan1988 »

on a side note though... when i first saw yusei, the first thing that came to my mind was OMG!? Red Eyes Black Dragon Hairstyle!? ROFL... but seriously though, the story is really starting to build up and i am now anxious for ep14, i just watched ep13 today.
zhangfei923
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by zhangfei923 »

Yeah, I'm actually enjoying this series as well. I'm up to episode 12 at the moment.
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

I was thinking about starting this series, can you guy recommend it.

I actually used to play the card game back in High school, but i had to eventually stop, because the people who could spent hundred's of $ on their decks would always dominate, and i did not have alot to spend with.

I also watched the English Dub of the series (Though they never showed the first season because it had alot of mature themes and it had nothing to do with the card game).

I also still play the World Campionship 2006 game for GBA every now and again.

I also could not Stomach the English Dub of GX for some reason (The Voice's prob.)

Cheers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

If you like YGO, then you might like this series. It's still "lolz, all problems are solved with card battles" but there's more going on storywise than that, so that's ok if you've got a high level of suspension of disbelief.
Map
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W/Black RX
2nd Favorite Series: Decade/Den-O
Favorite Actor?: Sean Connery
Favorite Band: AC/DC

Post by Map »

I watched up to 11 or 12 I think. So far I like it, the protagonist doesn't talk about friendship as much as the other ones. Then again I've only watched English dubbed versions of YuGiOh and GX. For some reason I really like the motorcycle duels, they kind of remind me of action movie scenes, except with card games.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Actually he talks a lot about friendship in 11 and 12
Map
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W/Black RX
2nd Favorite Series: Decade/Den-O
Favorite Actor?: Sean Connery
Favorite Band: AC/DC

Post by Map »

Yeah, but I like how it didn't just go there right off the bat like the first episode of the Duelist Kingdom storyline.
yellow
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by yellow »

I haven't seen yugioh 5d yet is it good

Return to “Yu-Gi-Oh”